1970's Gas Shortage?

Anyone remember the lines at the pumps in the earlier to mid 70's ? was the first time I saw a Solex, my neighbor parked his custom van, and was riding it to work.

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

Probably Fred /

Absolutely Remember

We would fill up Our mini bikes after a paper routes at 6:30 in the morning at gas stations,

Just by draining the hoses in a few pumps you could pretty much fill up your tank if it was on the engine,

But not on top tank minibikes like the kind I had, it didn’t fill them up but it was still was a good amount of gas for free almost a quart or more for just a few hose pumps,

When the gas the stations would open at seven or eight in the morning the pumps will go to one cent but they didn’t care

But after the Oil embargo in 1973 all the stations locked all the pumps and we couldn’t do that no more. Good times back then,

Life was hard getting up early to deliver newspapers, going to school then collect for the paper after school do, homeworkM repeat but it was very rewarding.

I wouldn’t trade my hard yet rewarding childhood for a phone in my face like youths do nowadays.

Our gas prices now are self-inflicted by our current government!

We were energy independent until January 1st when pipeline and drilling was canceled day one by the socialist commie regime we have now.

You only vote once for communism, though I hope I’m wrong I’m afraid it might’ve already been in the last vote.

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

> Probably Fred wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Absolutely Remember

>

> We would fill up Our mini bikes after a paper routes at 6:30 in the

> morning at gas stations,

>

> Just by draining the hoses in a few pumps you could pretty much fill up

> p your tank if it was on the engine,

>

> But not on top tank minibikes like the kind I had, it didn’t fill them

> up but it was still was a good amount of gas for free almost a quart or

> more for just a few hose pumps,

>

> When the gas the stations would open at seven or eight in the morning

> the pumps will go to one cent but they didn’t care

>

> But after the Oil embargo in 1973 all the stations locked all the pumps

> and we couldn’t do that no more. Good times back then,

>

> Life was hard getting up early to deliver newspapers, going to school

> l then collect for the paper after school do, homeworkM repeat but it

> was very rewarding.

>

> I wouldn’t trade my hard yet rewarding childhood for a phone in my face

> e like youths do nowadays.

>

> Our gas prices now are self-inflicted by our current government!

>

> We were energy independent until January 1st when pipeline and drilling

> was canceled day one by the socialist commie regime we have now.

>

> You only vote once for communism, though I hope I’m wrong I’m afraid it

> might’ve already been in the last vote.

This! ^

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

^ I hope it was, and when they come for the guns I hope they start with yours!

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

> Don Ohio wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Probably Fred wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Absolutely Remember

>

> >

>

> > We would fill up Our mini bikes after a paper routes at 6:30 in the

>

> > morning at gas stations,

>

> >

>

> > Just by draining the hoses in a few pumps you could pretty much fill

> up

>

> > p your tank if it was on the engine,

>

> >

>

> > But not on top tank minibikes like the kind I had, it didn’t fill them

>

> > up but it was still was a good amount of gas for free almost a quart

> or

>

> > more for just a few hose pumps,

>

> >

>

> > When the gas the stations would open at seven or eight in the morning

>

> > the pumps will go to one cent but they didn’t care

>

> >

>

> > But after the Oil embargo in 1973 all the stations locked all the

> pumps

>

> > and we couldn’t do that no more. Good times back then,

>

> >

>

> > Life was hard getting up early to deliver newspapers, going to school

>

> > l then collect for the paper after school do, homeworkM repeat but it

>

> > was very rewarding.

>

> >

>

> > I wouldn’t trade my hard yet rewarding childhood for a phone in my

> face

>

> > e like youths do nowadays.

>

> >

>

> > Our gas prices now are self-inflicted by our current government!

>

> >

>

> > We were energy independent until January 1st when pipeline and

> drilling

>

> > was canceled day one by the socialist commie regime we have now.

>

> >

>

> > You only vote once for communism, though I hope I’m wrong I’m afraid

> it

>

> > might’ve already been in the last vote.

>

> This! ^

The orange one is infatuated with Putin. Quite the close friends since Putin helped him get into power. Jan 6th was an attempt for orange to stay in power then try to remain indefinitely and become a dictator like Putin. Yes there was Russian interference in 2016. Yes Russia sought to destabilize the U.S. by helping a madman get into office. Yes Russia would like nothing more than to see the U.S. collapse. Thats about as communist as you can get coming from a country that still has strong ties to communism (Russia). (edited)

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

You mean the keystone XL pipeline that was 8% finished when Biden cancled the permit? The pipeline was basically a shortcut on an existing pipeline, so no oil ever stopped flowing. The pipeline owned by a Canadian company, who would be using it to ship their tar sands oil to american refineries, although that doesn't nessicarly mean the US was going to purchase it, most of it would have probably been exported. In reality the US actually exported more oil than imported in the first quarter of 2021, the second year that has happened (after 2020). Most of the price fluctuations going on are due to increased demand after a period of lower demand due to the pandemic.

> Probably Fred wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> We were energy independent until January 1st when pipeline and drilling

> was canceled day one by the socialist commie regime we have now.

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

^ Yep.

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

Your logical interpretation of world events is lost on those who need the baby bottle of blaming socialism to suckle upon. Take that away and the babies get real cranky

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Socialist commie…lol

Watching a bit too much fox news?

On January 1st, Trump was still your president.

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

If you'd all admit it, you have to be sick of Biden. LOL!

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Yeah, that was sick how biden got the infrastructure bill done.

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

Mike McScoutington /

I think because people aren't lined up to suck his dick like tr*mp supports are for their lord and savior it is misconstrued as apathy or lack of approval.

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

Biden is Reagan's 11th term. He's terrible, but not because he's a socialist (that would be rad).

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

daan SJAARLOOS /
shut-the-fuck-up-donny.jpg

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

> Brian F wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Biden is Reagan's 11th term. He's terrible, but not because he's a

> socialist (that would be rad).

This, I wish you could say fuck Biden and not have people think you liked the alternative better. This old analogy, if I think moldy bread is better than rancid diarrhea, doesn't mean I like moldy bread

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

^ Agreed, electing Biden was a "rescue mission" for this country, it does not mean that everyone who voted for him agree's with everything, or even anything he is doing, but the orange psycho HAD to be removed, whatever the cost. Biden kind of reminds me of Carter, nice guy, means well, educated, just does things as would a democrat, which are not all bad, with the exception of how they pay for or "print money" to pay for them, but these differences of how to do things are nothing new, and the normal pendulum swing of who is in office balances it all out. That vile pos trump wanted to install himself as dictator for life and dismantle our whole system, no true American can be ok with that. Of all the damaging things the chump did, possibly the worst was to utterly destroy the credibility of the Republican party, which much to the chagrin of all the people who supported him could very well lead to decades of Democratic leadership.

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

I love the stories about having things rough, as of being stupid your whole life is a point of pride for some people.

I had a lot of advantages I'm grateful for but we were very frugal growing up. I never had an allowance, wore clothes from goodwill, etc. Winter of my 4th grade year I wore a handmedown coat that was obviously for a girl with a big fur collar and gold buttons. (Still mad at my parents for that one! )

I was making 30$+ an hour in high school (2001-2004) with my own truck, trailer, mowers, and a little speedboat by the time I could drive. I struck a deal with my neighbor when I was 12 or 13 to mow her yard at a discount in exchange for using her mower to mow some other neighbors yards.

I started picking up mowers off the curb and putting good engines on good decks, piecing them together, my brother and I were doing almost 30 properties by my junior year and I even drove my truck around without a license when i was 15. Every piece of equipment i bought was junk, broke, and I fixed it up. I just stacked that cash in the stock market so by the time I started college I had over 20k saved up, and sold the business for 8k to a buddy.

There were a couple times I helped my buddy out doing his paper route, even at 14 years old I saw it was bullshit, I could do the math and realize that someone else was profiting off my hard work and I wasn't gonna let that happen.

Delivering newspaper, working at McDonald's, etc conditions you from an early age to undervalue your labor and get taken advantage of, then you buy into toxic ideology taking pride in being a sap, blaming the government for the fact that you love the taste of weener. Wrecking your body until you can go on social security or disability. If everything works out perfect you can die from cancer or covid or something else you have been conditioned not to fear just as your savings run out, you're reverse mortgage drains the wealth you've created and your kids can start the cycle again. Make sure you buy some Trump merch to show how proud you are to be a patsy.

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

> live ɘvil wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Don Ohio wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Probably Fred wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Absolutely Remember

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > We would fill up Our mini bikes after a paper routes at 6:30 in the

>

> >

>

> > > morning at gas stations,

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Just by draining the hoses in a few pumps you could pretty much fill

>

> > up

>

> >

>

> > > p your tank if it was on the engine,

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > But not on top tank minibikes like the kind I had, it didn’t fill

> them

>

> >

>

> > > up but it was still was a good amount of gas for free almost a quart

>

> > or

>

> >

>

> > > more for just a few hose pumps,

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > When the gas the stations would open at seven or eight in the

> morning

>

> >

>

> > > the pumps will go to one cent but they didn’t care

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > But after the Oil embargo in 1973 all the stations locked all the

>

> > pumps

>

> >

>

> > > and we couldn’t do that no more. Good times back then,

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Life was hard getting up early to deliver newspapers, going to

> school

>

> >

>

> > > l then collect for the paper after school do, homeworkM repeat but

> it

>

> >

>

> > > was very rewarding.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > I wouldn’t trade my hard yet rewarding childhood for a phone in my

>

> > face

>

> >

>

> > > e like youths do nowadays.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Our gas prices now are self-inflicted by our current government!

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > We were energy independent until January 1st when pipeline and

>

> > drilling

>

> >

>

> > > was canceled day one by the socialist commie regime we have now.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > You only vote once for communism, though I hope I’m wrong I’m afraid

>

> > it

>

> >

>

> > > might’ve already been in the last vote.

>

> >

>

> > This! ^

>

> The orange one is infatuated with Putin. Quite the close friends since

> Putin helped him get into power. Jan 6th was an attempt for orange to

> stay in power then try to remain indefinitely and become a dictator like

> Putin. Yes there was Russian interference in 2016. Yes Russia sought to

> destabilize the U.S. by helping a madman get into office. Yes Russia

> would like nothing more than to see the U.S. collapse. Thats about as

> communist as you can get coming from a country that still has strong

> ties to communism (Russia).

Guess you missed the Durham report about the Russia accusations being bought and paid for lies by the Dems and Hillary? Oh well, keep that head in the sand,Lib!

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage

Probably Fred /

> Don Ohio wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > live ɘvil wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Don Ohio wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > > Probably Fred wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Absolutely Remember

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > We would fill up Our mini bikes after a paper routes at 6:30 in

> the

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > morning at gas stations,

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Just by draining the hoses in a few pumps you could pretty much

> fill

>

> >

>

> > > up

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > p your tank if it was on the engine,

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > But not on top tank minibikes like the kind I had, it didn’t fill

>

> > them

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > up but it was still was a good amount of gas for free almost a

> quart

>

> >

>

> > > or

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > more for just a few hose pumps,

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > When the gas the stations would open at seven or eight in the

>

> > morning

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > the pumps will go to one cent but they didn’t care

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > But after the Oil embargo in 1973 all the stations locked all the

>

> >

>

> > > pumps

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > and we couldn’t do that no more. Good times back then,

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Life was hard getting up early to deliver newspapers, going to

>

> > school

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > l then collect for the paper after school do, homeworkM repeat but

>

> > it

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > was very rewarding.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > I wouldn’t trade my hard yet rewarding childhood for a phone in my

>

> >

>

> > > face

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > e like youths do nowadays.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Our gas prices now are self-inflicted by our current government!

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > We were energy independent until January 1st when pipeline and

>

> >

>

> > > drilling

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > was canceled day one by the socialist commie regime we have now.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > You only vote once for communism, though I hope I’m wrong I’m

> afraid

>

> >

>

> > > it

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > might’ve already been in the last vote.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > This! ^

>

> >

>

> > The orange one is infatuated with Putin. Quite the close friends since

>

> > Putin helped him get into power. Jan 6th was an attempt for orange to

>

> > stay in power then try to remain indefinitely and become a dictator

> like

>

> > Putin. Yes there was Russian interference in 2016. Yes Russia sought

> to

>

> > destabilize the U.S. by helping a madman get into office. Yes Russia

>

> > would like nothing more than to see the U.S. collapse. Thats about as

>

> > communist as you can get coming from a country that still has strong

>

> > ties to communism (Russia).

>

> Guess you missed the Durham report about the Russia accusations being

> bought and paid for lies by the Dems and Hillary? Oh well, keep that

> head in the sand,Lib!

I have to agree with you on that Don!

Adam shift admitted it it was Russia Russia was fake but would not take responsibility for posting disinformation for years.

BFB1C893-3175-4DA4-A7BF-F532FFE8FD9E.jpeg

I mean to get impeached for pointing out Biden‘s Ukraine corruption is crazy! especially after Hunter Biden‘s laptop was known and for fakebook and msm to crush the Washington Post story about hunter Biden laptop so Joe Biden and zero Percentage poll Kamala Harris would get elected is beyond belief!

It would’ve been a different situation now if the last administration would be in power with $1.50 or below gas prices, No supply chain Problems, Secure borders, free speech, no forced mandates, millions collected from taxes posed on china, Energy independence, cheap home heating, no 2-3 million Democratic voters jumping into our country etc, if the previous president wasn’t attacked for four years.

(not to say I liked or voted him for the last president or the president before that)

but like anybody he did not deserve to be attacked for four years just because he won making senators and congress people separate from him Because they thought they would go down with him the Russia Russia collusion,

Because of the Russia lies they lost the house and the senate.

It would be like great if everything could be biPartisan everywhere because of our two-party system but now if you don’t agree with the left, your racist racist racist it’s nuts!

I mean there’s Good parts in both parties but you have to be on one side or the other So if your not fully for the left you’re a racist SOB even if you have biracial family or minorities in your workforce.

Let’s go Brandon,

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

How fantastic it is to imagine all the problems were crafted by one man in the course of less than a year and convenient to forget the prior 4's decay

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

Laughable for sure Will..you were blaming trump for all world problems within a mnth of him.takng office.....I tried to give Joe a break and time to do some yhings but he has been one blunder after.the other....

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

No one was blaming the chump for the world's problems, just for being a manipulative psychopath.

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

My mom was a stay at home mom and my dad was a school teacher and I was born in 1972 but I do remember my dad only being allowed so much gas per week. We had a pinto station wagon lol

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Born to be WillD wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> How fantastic it is to imagine all the problems were crafted by one man

> in the course of less than a year and convenient to forget the prior 4's

> decay

Biden isn't great, but thinking that Trump would have MAGICALLY avoided the macro-economic shifts of a global pandemic is laughable.

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

> Pops Peds wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Laughable for sure Will..you were blaming trump for all world problems

> within a mnth of him.takng office.....I tried to give Joe a break and

> time to do some yhings but he has been one blunder after.the other....

This! ^

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

> Don Ohio wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > live ɘvil wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Don Ohio wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > > Probably Fred wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Absolutely Remember

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > We would fill up Our mini bikes after a paper routes at 6:30 in

> the

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > morning at gas stations,

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Just by draining the hoses in a few pumps you could pretty much

> fill

>

> >

>

> > > up

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > p your tank if it was on the engine,

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > But not on top tank minibikes like the kind I had, it didn’t fill

>

> > them

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > up but it was still was a good amount of gas for free almost a

> quart

>

> >

>

> > > or

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > more for just a few hose pumps,

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > When the gas the stations would open at seven or eight in the

>

> > morning

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > the pumps will go to one cent but they didn’t care

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > But after the Oil embargo in 1973 all the stations locked all the

>

> >

>

> > > pumps

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > and we couldn’t do that no more. Good times back then,

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Life was hard getting up early to deliver newspapers, going to

>

> > school

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > l then collect for the paper after school do, homeworkM repeat but

>

> > it

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > was very rewarding.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > I wouldn’t trade my hard yet rewarding childhood for a phone in my

>

> >

>

> > > face

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > e like youths do nowadays.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Our gas prices now are self-inflicted by our current government!

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > We were energy independent until January 1st when pipeline and

>

> >

>

> > > drilling

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > was canceled day one by the socialist commie regime we have now.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > You only vote once for communism, though I hope I’m wrong I’m

> afraid

>

> >

>

> > > it

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > might’ve already been in the last vote.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > This! ^

>

> >

>

> > The orange one is infatuated with Putin. Quite the close friends since

>

> > Putin helped him get into power. Jan 6th was an attempt for orange to

>

> > stay in power then try to remain indefinitely and become a dictator

> like

>

> > Putin. Yes there was Russian interference in 2016. Yes Russia sought

> to

>

> > destabilize the U.S. by helping a madman get into office. Yes Russia

>

> > would like nothing more than to see the U.S. collapse. Thats about as

>

> > communist as you can get coming from a country that still has strong

>

> > ties to communism (Russia).

>

> Guess you missed the Durham report about the Russia accusations being

> bought and paid for lies by the Dems and Hillary? Oh well, keep that

> head in the sand,Lib!

I dont pay attention to smoke and mirrors. "The case does not undercut investigators’ findings that the Kremlin aided the Trump campaign".

And it was still going on in 2020.

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/16/977958302/intelligence-report-russia-tried-to-help-trump-in-2020-election

Keep your head stuck up your ass. (edited)

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

Federal Judge: Trumpers are just pawns being fed lies. Tisk tisk...

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/11/19/politics/judge-blames-trump-riot/index.html

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

You got lied to by fake news for 3 yrs. and swallowed all of them ,,,,LOL!

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

> Don Ohio wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You got lied to by fake news for 3 yrs. and swallowed all of them

> ,,,,LOL!

I'm still waiting on the orange one to be reinstated, by the Supreme Court or otherwise. Nothing you've ever spewed has ever come to pass.

Re: 1970's Gas Shortage?

> Don Ohio wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You got lied to by fake news for 3 yrs. and swallowed all of them

> ,,,,LOL!

Go fuck yourself

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account