The S Word...

Goodbye green grass. We are in the middle of a storm but not complaining after a solid fall with above average temps. Never a welcome reality check but everyone knew it was coming. I'm enjoying staying inside and completely avoiding driving or shopping at Costco. There's a shortage of snow tires and the reactive vs. proactive shoppers will be paying dearly for what's left. I just stay at home until all of the first snowfall accidents are out of the way. Should I be loading up on toilet paper? Our public insurer tries to get the message out but there will be hundreds of fender benders today...

DSC_4287.jpg

Re: The S Word...

Nice, we might get some tonight, or Sunday morning. I have a rear shock to replace bushings on the Pantera 580 and I need to get the seat sewn, reinstall the pipe with some vibration isolators, redo the handlebars and put an led tail light on the 73 colt. The long warm fall lulled me into complacency , don't even have my leaves picked up!

Heat wave in southern California. 85 today, 90+ tomorrow.

Yeah New Mexico is still outdoors w/ short sleeve weather. Did some hiking today in the backyard.

9167066C-81BB-43FC-88F7-DED73650D939.jpeg

Probably Fred /

Pretty nice here all day mid to upper 60s.

9D2EE26C-6156-405F-A86C-386FF2E9FF68.png

I’m sad because the lake is almost completely lowered for the season (3.5ft) already which is sooner than most years so fishing can be harder to do.

9D2EE26C-6156-405F-A86C-386FF2E9FF68.png
237460A8-0B34-44BF-ABF1-0E4A31BC0989.jpeg

Ted Grant /

Thanks for the pic. My nephew was in Albuquerque but just moved back in Sept. Sure miss visiting him and of course the weather. Last time I was there we visited all of the Breaking Bad film locations. The present owners of the house had to put up fencing due to fans always throwing pizza on their roof...

Lets see, a four letter word that begins with "s".

All our trees shed their leaves almost overnight. Like a scene in Monty python, plop.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account