Honda Monkey Arrives in Canada

Still waiting on the popular Trail 125 but the Monkey is available here for 2022. I got all excited until I saw the price. MSRP is $5299.00 with taxes it's $5934.88...LOL. Maybe I'm getting old but that's a lot of money for a bike unable to run at highway speeds. Still like to see one in person to judge how small they are compared to other bikes. I'm sure they will all presell and the dealers will only charge around $500.00 for dealer prep. I don't think I could install the battery and mirrors myself...LOL.

https://motorcycle.honda.ca/model/minimoto/monkey/2022

Re: Honda Monkey Arrives in Canada

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Man were you blasting monkeyman by the stones?

Btw 1 of my completed bucket list items. Hug Keith Richards.

OatsII. Expensive winos tour got approval for colors and asked first not a bearhug but a half bud arm hug....

or travelling willbury's nod to springsteen - tweeter and the monkeyman

There's a guy around me who rides around a 3 speed sachs general, but he's got a friend that rides on of the new monkeys. It's pretty OK I guess. The 2022 ones I think make a big improvement. Like the 1st ones felt like they were monkey inspired parts thrown over a grom - it didnt look completely intentional, and to be honest it wasnt exactly, it was an afterthough, like how do we convert the grom to look like a classic.

The 2022 ones just look a little more finished and intentional.

plus the 5 speeds, which all the other minis did and honda seems to have finally stepped up too. They'll do almost 60 so you can get pretty far on one, a girl in my wifes riding crew rode a grom from atlanta to colorado and back.

I definitely want one and absolutely wont get one anyway. trail 125 preferred by a longshot but I'll stick with my 40 year old c70

Ted Grant /

I think the Trail 125 is a much better choice and more suited to trails with their larger wheels. I had a 71 trail 90 with the quick release clamp on the handlebars and it was a fun bike. Same motor as the Monkey so running on the highway would be sketchy. If the Trail 125 makes it to Canada I would buy one in a heartbeat. Hopefully it won't be more money than the Monkey and the dealers won't add a surcharge for limited supply. Car dealers are now adding a few grand over MSRP onto popular models like the Bronco sport and full size Bronco. The new Maverick trucks are in very short supply and good luck finding one at MSRP or less...

A friend of mine has a Grom and a Monkey. I rolled to a local car/bike show with him back in July and have a couple photos of my Concord next to it. I rode the Monkey around the block and it was pretty fun. Also, it had knobby tires when he bought it (and in the photos) but he swapped them to street tires without trying it off-road.

D0E22BE8-8070-4602-9FF5-BFE6987E13F3.jpeg
904D4313-EAF2-4AAF-B8AD-0A7E3B186645.jpeg

Ted Grant /

Thanks for the pics...The monkey is not as tall as the Grom so I think I'll pass and wait for the Trail 125. Sweet lookin' Concorde...

punkrock randy /

I’d love to have a Monkey, but I’ll hafta just keep enjoying the CL70 till then. It’ll do 50mph, which is pretty alright for a stock 72cc from 1970.

18B1E3A3-6477-4497-A0C9-3A623321B79D.jpeg

Ted Grant /

Nice CL70...Maybe I should wait to see a new Monkey in person to make a informed decision. Still having difficulty with the price for a smaller bike. There are a few in the country now and are selling for $5982.00 including freight and PDI. Add tax and the Monkey is now $6700.00. For $5919.00 plus tax I can buy a new 2021 Kawasaki KLX 300 that is fuel injected and water cooled. Seems like twice the bike for the same money...

For that money the CRF300L is the better choice for sure

> punkrock randy wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I’d love to have a Monkey, but I’ll hafta just keep enjoying the CL70

> till then. It’ll do 50mph, which is pretty alright for a stock 72cc from

> 1970.

^ I'd take that over a new monkey ANY day, the monkey is cool, but a VERY overpriced toy, like the grom. I suspect in a few yrs they will be able to be bought cheap from the back of garages like mopeds once were, such a neat thing, that you rode a season and found out how uncomfortable/unpractical it was and lost interest.

Definitely attracted to the reliability of new and fuel injection but probably not in my near future.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account