I just can’t help myself!

I bought two brand new Vespa scooters last week. The white GTS Super 300 is for me and the 12v Vespa Primavera is for my granddaughters. Mine was made in Italy and their’s in China. I’m trying to indoctrinate them early into the two wheeled vehicle lifestyle. Now, if I can only convince their parents to let them ride when they get older.

184EB7BF-B7ED-4DC6-865B-099367F8D6C9.jpeg
C0AD44A5-6261-4AFB-87A3-D1E71758CA1D.jpeg

Re: I just can’t help myself!

Sick, l should have got a bunch of vintage vespa when they were cheap 20 years ago. Now they are out of my price range.

I love modern, fuel injected Vespas. I’ve had vintage Vespas and all I did was tinker with them. Since I can no longer physically work on them anymore, I let the local Vespa Dealer perform all the maintenance. It’s not cheap, but neither were all the reconstructive surgeries I’ve had on my back, knees and shoulder. Besides, at my age, I’d rather ride than wrench.

you can still grab a cheetak or the P150 clones and theyre pretty great for that classic style. I had a PX150 for a minute, it was rad

I just got my kymco 125 all done up, valves and tires, it's plenty find but not at all cool. still, it's quick and capable which is cool. I wonder what it'd be like trying to for real roadtrip a modern vespa 300 - like that should be pretty much highway capable

I don't see a problem here...Happy trails!

> Born to be WillD wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I just got my kymco 125 all done up, valves and tires, it's plenty find

> but not at all cool. still, it's quick and capable which is cool. I

> wonder what it'd be like trying to for real roadtrip a modern vespa 300

> - like that should be pretty much highway capable

The scooter shop in Columbus was booked for like 3 months out so I helped out some people with scooters who needed work done, and one of them had a Vespa 300. Holy shit, these things fuckin blast. I hit 60 within a block on my street and felt like I still had plenty more gas to give it. Scooters are more practical in every way than mopeds, and more practical in the city than pretty much every motorcycle for the money. But damn, new scooters just look so lame.

The new GTS 300’s have high performance engines which make them faster and more responsive than the older 300’s. They really are a blast to ride and handle highway speeds very well.

The only scooters I don’t care for are the Maxi Scooter models like the Suzuki Burgman. They look more like your typical china made scooters, just bigger. (edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Isn't there a vaccine for scootoritize?

It's 2021....

> Nick MBC wrote:

> Scooters are more practical in every way than mopeds, and more

> practical in the city than pretty much every motorcycle for the money.

> But damn, new scooters just look so lame.

its so true. But for all its working brakes and easy starting and reliable quick operation and blinkers and lights and enormous storage capacity and comfortable seating and riding and very steady variated transmission and excellent top speed and excellent gas mileage, it's boring as fuck.

like, it's to utilitarian, there's no fun! I mean not entirely but it doesnt inspire a lotta excitement, it's fine, and very functional, but thats all.

You need to go to a scooter rally. Scooters are a blast whether they’re vintage or modern. You’d see that not all of them are utilitarian like those cheap china scooters. There’s nothing like a vintage two stroke Vespa or Lambretta. Try it, you might just like it.

> Born to be WillD wrote:

> > Nick MBC wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Scooters are more practical in every way than mopeds, and more

>

> > practical in the city than pretty much every motorcycle for the money.

>

> > But damn, new scooters just look so lame.

>

> its so true. But for all its working brakes and easy starting and

> reliable quick operation and blinkers and lights and enormous storage

> capacity and comfortable seating and riding and very steady variated

> transmission and excellent top speed and excellent gas mileage, it's

> boring as fuck.

>

> like, it's to utilitarian, there's no fun! I mean not entirely but it

> doesnt inspire a lotta excitement, it's fine, and very functional, but

> thats all.

^^ There will come a time, when all those things become what you want from a 2 wheeler, and most everything else, I'm not quite there, but on my way, have a scooter, love it way more than my mopeds, but it's ratty and only minorly cantankerous...but if I stay on 2 wheels which I plan to, will be going to a nice scooter, or an electric, just not ready to drop such big money on a motorcycle/scooter/moped thing, I have it now, but my mind will not let me....yet. I never thought I would want a bike nicer than a moped either, but your wants change as you get older...you can fight it all you like, but it happens, and the nicer bikes really ARE better. All the best with your new ride, looks really sharp! (edited)

Thanks Stephen! Going to pick her up from the Vespa dealer tomorrow and ride her about 30 miles to my house. Hopefully, I’ll get some riding in before it gets cold again on Sunday.

That cold is coming here starting tonight and will settle in over the weekend, with our first snow, ugh...but it is Nov, and it has been another beautiful fall.

Oh no argument. I've been to scooter rallys, there were some really crazy ones we missed like camping ones, but the big ones like resurgens in atlanta they were fun but a pretty different scene than a moped rally - people staying in hotels and organized rides and general law abiding...

They used to do a gymkhana, i was kicking ass on it on my cub and then i ate shit on the seesaw and a buncha empties spilled outta my baskets. That got me a good rep with the scooter crowd, they all thought it was hillarious.

Bobby, OG swoops, used to be a mechanic for the atlanta scooter shop, they closed and our friends re-opened it with Bobby and Brooks as mechanics. I hung out there a lot and got along real well with the vespa fellas. It was walking distance from my work so I'd pop in on lunches and shoot shit.

I had a early 80s PX for a bit I got when they finally did close, after a good 5 or 6 year run. was fun as hell, traded it for an MB5 and a few gallons of moonshine. woof

I met up with some of the scooter folks here in cleveland too, real similar crowd. Not bad, just not as dumb and dirty and stupid. anyway, I enjoy the scooter scene and people, but my scooters for the most part just dont inspire much excitement - It's too plain and easy

> Moped Lar wrote:

> You need to go to a scooter rally. Scooters are a blast whether they’re

> vintage or modern. You’d see that not all of them are utilitarian like

> those cheap china scooters. There’s nothing like a vintage two stroke

> Vespa or Lambretta. Try it, you might just like it.

>

> > Born to be WillD wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Nick MBC wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Scooters are more practical in every way than mopeds, and more

>

> >

>

> > > practical in the city than pretty much every motorcycle for the

> money.

>

> >

>

> > > But damn, new scooters just look so lame.

>

> >

>

> > its so true. But for all its working brakes and easy starting and

>

> > reliable quick operation and blinkers and lights and enormous storage

>

> > capacity and comfortable seating and riding and very steady variated

>

> > transmission and excellent top speed and excellent gas mileage, it's

>

> > boring as fuck.

>

> >

>

> > like, it's to utilitarian, there's no fun! I mean not entirely but it

>

> > doesnt inspire a lotta excitement, it's fine, and very functional, but

>

> > thats all.

My buddy put o. A scooter rally every year here local. It's called "skis shrimp run". It's kind of a spoof on a very large harley based ride here called "stoneys lobster run". I have only gone one time as my mopeds don't keep up to the scoots as good. I did take my cb125 a few years ago. Was fun as hell.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Congrats on a the new ride Lar, I had the chance to ride a 300gt around the city and power/size was amazing for city riding and amazingly comfortable.

I own a Vespa and Lambretta hardbody scoot (50 Special and Cento, respectively) and they are amazingly fun. That said, I would buy a modern Vespa in a heartbeat if one came my way.

Thanks Dillon!

His and hers…..

3DADDA72-2CB0-4178-8023-020EBB21DC9A.jpeg

Pushrod Fifty /

I like how classy and simple Vespa kept the style of their scooters. I saw one last weekend parked, was brilliant red. The style and paint quality was impressive. I think it was a 150.

Nice! Sometimes it's good to get a single nice thing to make up for having to liquidate a bunch of junk.

I bought myself a 'new' motorcycle last summer, it's amazing how nice new stuff is. I can definitely see the value in having a new, comfortable and nicely appointed scooter.

They do take up an awful lot of room and they don't like having things banged/dropped against them which is pretty much a constant risk in my shop. Even my brand new KTM has a lot of scratches, but there will be even more by the time I sell it, if I ever do, so it doesn't bother me.

I traded like 6 junk bikes for one good one a few years ago, it was a very satisfying move. even tho the good one turned out to be total garbage and a huge loss, it was nice thinning the herd

Interestingly, my friend who ran the Vespa shop now runs the local harley shops service department

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account