What Y'all Payin' For Insurance?

Got my notice today to pay all of my vehicle insurance by Nov. 30. Not happy with the insurance on the mopeds with our five month riding season. My discounted rate is $384.00/year taking into account my clean driving record and my innate ability to avoid authorities. Only one government insurance provider here so I can't shop around. What you guys payin' ?

DSC_4274-2.jpg

Re: What Y'all Payin' For Insurance?

I was paying around $100/year when I was a NJ resident last year. Now I pay $0 as VA does not require insurance.

yea none. My motorcycles (3) are 180 a year

> Moped Lar wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I was paying around $100/year when I was a NJ resident last year. Now I

> pay $0 as VA does not require insurance.

This^ Ohio doesn't require it. Mopeds are not a motor vehicle by Ohio law.

New Mexico has no registration or insurance requirement.

I may look into getting some Uninsured motorist protection just in case, but I haven’t started riding my moped to work… yet.

I pay about $5/month per motorcycle I have registered. My cars are around $40/month

yea 5/month for motos each

Who you got for $5/mo?

Holy shit! Is there a collector or antique plate you can get to lower that? That's brutal, how you gonna cause 500,000$ worth of damage on a moped.

I hate you all. I pay about 70 a month for my truck. It cost me about 200 a year for each bike. That includes mopeds and motorcycles. About the same. Truck just cost me 170 to register and it's an 03. Bikes cost around 40.

$76.00 a year per bike.

Ted Grant /

> Graham Motzing wrote:

> Holy shit! Is there a collector or antique plate you can get to lower

> that? That's brutal, how you gonna cause 500,000$ worth of damage on a

> moped.

There are collector plates for cars but none for mopeds. Sadly most fat tire electric bicycles are roughly the same weight but faster. They can go anywhere unregulated. The only positives is you don't require a motorcycle license or a safety inspection under 50cc. Just for a laugh I priced out insurance on a new Kawasaki Ninja H2. It was around $4400.00 effectively about $900.00 per month.

Car insurance is $800 every 6 months, full coverage on a 05 Baja and 16 Fit. Married with a perfect driving record. $400 a year full coverage for a 18 Liberty 150 and a 09 Silverwing. My area is famous for uninsured drivers that drive like bungholes, hence paying extra for the full coverage.

I had a Yamaha pre-bug that was registered and tagged as a moped. It was $50 a year with a agreed value of $1500. Progressive didn't care if it was a moped, just that it had a VIN number.

daan SJAARLOOS /

I pay around 60 a year per moped. Special oldtimer insurance. If it's not an oldtimer you pay more but it depends on your age, where you live, your record with prior accidents etc etc

43€ a year, also as an oldtimer and with no accidents to my name.

Just to clear that up for Americans, “oldtimer” is the word used for historical or classical vehicles in Europe.

The way you guys wrote that, it might give some people here the impression that insurance is cheaper for elderly people. Which may be a thing as well?

I just checked. All my insurances are through USAA. I’m old, married, never had a claim, etc. and my BMW motorcycle is ~$700 per year and my Honda Pilot and Odyssey are about $950 per year (each) here in NM.

I’m glad I checked becaise this Pilot is busted and sitting on the driveway. It needs to be changed to non-op for a discount. They should even back date that for me.

USAA is okay to work with, but these numbers seem hight to me. I want cheap ass shady insurance for $5 a month on all my vehicles. I never crash. fault or no, I avoid other people’s mistakes as well. Just something to get me barely legal.

daan SJAARLOOS /

> Papa _ wrote:

> Just to clear that up for Americans, “oldtimer” is the word used for

> historical or classical vehicles in Europe.

>

> The way you guys wrote that, it might give some people here the

> impression that insurance is cheaper for elderly people. Which may be a

> thing as well?

It is cheaper when your older. Young drivers have more accidents so they make them pay.

I’ve been a USAA member for almost 40 years. USAA does not insure motorcycles. They are partnered with Progressive who is the actual insurer. You get a discount from Progressive, but you can do a lot better by going with a company like GEICO for your motorcycle insurance. That’s who I use to insure all my Vespa scooters.

Thanks Lar,

I felt like it was a little high, but I was also out of the country for almost 4 years. Kinda thought maybe that’s jist what It cost now.

California has no insurance law for mopeds, too.

Basic coverage on my Honda civic is around $250 a year through triple A. Over 50, no tickets or accidents in over 15 years.

I priced a shifty 50 (my 1963 Testi Grand Prix) through AAA and they said it'd be around $70 a year.

When I had a DUI a long time ago, in order to keep my license, and not owning a car, I had to get a "non owners policy," which is a total scam, so could ride mopeds and motorized bikes.

California has some weird law where you have to have insurance for a year if you have a DUI, in order to keep your license. (Or they did, I don't know if the law changed, this was 15 years ago, and my one brush with stupidity, blowing a .09 BAC, one tenth of a point over being legal.)

So the non owners policy cost me 35 bucks a month. And the dumbest part, is if I drove someone else's car, their insurance would cover me in a wreck, and their insurance could go up, and my stupid policy would be worthless. Even the insurance guy said it was a scam.

^ We have that here too, but oddly not for DWI, but for being caught driving without insurance multiple times. Even if you don't have a car to keep your dl you have to carry it for the length of time set by the court, let it lapse, they call the DMV and your license is suspended.

If you get caught without insurance in Maine you get a fine and have to file what they call a sr22. You have to keep insurance for three consecutive years and ot will go away. If you dont have insurance you will lose your licence until you get insurance again. Even if you don't have a car you have to insure your licence for three years. If you lapse in coverage you have to start over again. My girlfriend was driving her father's car years ago and got pulled over. She didn't know that his car wasn't insured and she got fucked. Had to go through all the above.

I'm on progressive, it was more for the 1st one but very little to add more bikes, cuz it's not like you can ride 2 at once and I don't have any theft or comprehensive since my bikes are probably collectively worth less than a grand. Makes sense they'd do it that way - having more just changes how many i can ride but it doesnt add to the risk

I pay about € 30 for each moped (Jawa and Riga) annually.

For my car Skoda Estelle I pay now € 118 annually. For the basic insurance.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Super sound advice..

5x uninsured under insured coverage stacked.

If you can afford. Comp. Collision theft concierge 24hr road service AAA and trip continuance agreed value policy...

> Papa _ wrote:

> Just to clear that up for Americans, “oldtimer” is the word used for

> historical or classical vehicles in Europe.

>

There is also a word "Youngtimer" which means a classic car from the 80s or late 70s or even aerly 90s, while "Oldtimer" usually means a car from the 70s and older.

youngtimer = "rad"

wow thats high. i live in new york and insured a jawa and a motorcycle for 200 dollars a year.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

$0.00

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account