Winner Winner Chicken Dinner...

Idiots! I can just picture these two trying to sell a furnace at a pawn shop. Does this furnace work? Oh Yea...It's hot...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-police-gas-leak-stealing-furnace-1.6235821

Re: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner...

Good lord. another Darwin award nominee.

Yeah, lmfao, too, if it were not for the fact that so many are just that stupid.....it's staggering. Life is too easy, common sense is a super power these days, those are the people we shall eat first in the event of an apocalypse, with a side of fava beans and a nice Chianti. Medium rare for me thanks.

Uhhh, why were they released without charges? WTF?

Ted Grant /

I assume they were released without charges since you can't fix stupid and it's expensive trying. Since there were four agencies involved I wouldn't be surprised if the city (tax payers) have already spent five grand responding to this incident. Of course they are innocent until proven guilty and it would be another huge expense prosecuting and convicting them...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yep stupid crazy and lazy are not against the law.

Nut if you are just a little too smart it can be a felony

> Ted Grant wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I assume they were released without charges since you can't fix stupid

> and it's expensive trying. Since there were four agencies involved I

> wouldn't be surprised if the city (tax payers) have already spent five

> grand responding to this incident. Of course they are innocent until

> proven guilty and it would be another huge expense prosecuting and

> convicting them...

True that you can't fix stupid, but you can and absolutely should lock it up at every opportunity. How hard could it be to prove, they were found passed out at the scene of a burglary. This lazy lack of prosecution is why we are awash in crime, it's like that here too, but fuck it man, lock 'em up! You could get creative and hit them with building code violations, "servicing" without a license, tampering with a gas line, the more charges the better, these jag off's could have blown up the whole building, what if you lived next door? These mental midgets certainly don't have the $ to defend themselves, and yeah, perfectly happy to have my tax dollars go towards locking up junkie thieves. Fuck people like that. Maybe doing some time gets them clean, save's their lives from the junk, could be the best thing that ever happened to them? What are we paying our prosecutors for?

Ted Grant /

Even if they were charged and released on a "promise" to appear in court their chances of showing up are almost nil. The crown will win a judgement against the fucktards but they will never collect. This morning at the car wash I met a woman with a gorgeous survivor 81 Camaro Z28 from California. She was still super pissed about some street urchin kicking her door at a red light. He kicked in the door for no reason causing $1100.00 damage. Normally I would never engage a street person since I have a lot more to lose than they do. If someone damaged my car though I would be highly motivated for a tune up if no witnesses were around...

You guys don't have bail?

Ted Grant /

We have bail for serious violent offences but in most cases namely theft under $5000.00 the accused is released and signs a promise to appear notice. Bail is used for violent offenders still posing a risk and for high profile cases where the accused is wealthy and poses a flight risk. My wife and I were summoned to small claims court for a vehicle accident she had. Two vehicles backing in a parking lot at the same time. The blame was split 50/50 which my wife accepted but the other driver did not. We ended up in court and were number 25 on the ticket. The first 24 cases were the crown versus some shit bags that stole cars and wrecked them. Average claim was around 10K including vehicle repair and replacement rental. The crown won all of their cases. NONE of the 24 accused showed up for their promise to appear. We also won I guess and the blame went 50/50.

Ted Grant /

In a continuing effort to keep the city classy a man was arrested today brandishing a saw taped to a wooden table leg. This is a very interesting implement of mayhem, or the least accurate way of trimming openings for outlets in drywall...

https://globalnews.ca/news/8353318/winnipeg-table-leg-saw-taped-on-it/

This goes back to something I often think about bad guys. They suck at designing weapons

I never wanna go to the dark side, but I promise it will be more like the guy that built that tank if I do.

Fuckin go out in style.

Damn table leg… weak.

this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tread_(film) (edited)

Ted Grant /

Here's helicopter footage of the "Kill Dozer" for those not familiar. Interesting story and movie...

^ That was one of the craziest things I've ever seen, and while obviously wrong on so many levels, I could not help but admire the guy.

Right?

like, the documentary was clearly written to make the viewer sympathize with dude.

He only destroyed property and killed himself.

If all people that get a sense of “wronged” could be so creative and not hurt anyone else. Well, I guess that would be a change for the better.

> Stephen Keller wrote:

> > Ted Grant wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I assume they were released without charges since you can't fix stupid

>

> > and it's expensive trying. Since there were four agencies involved I

>

> > wouldn't be surprised if the city (tax payers) have already spent

> five

>

> > grand responding to this incident. Of course they are innocent until

>

> > proven guilty and it would be another huge expense prosecuting and

>

> > convicting them...

>

> True that you can't fix stupid, but you can and absolutely should lock

> it up at every opportunity. How hard could it be to prove, they were

> found passed out at the scene of a burglary. This lazy lack of

> prosecution is why we are awash in crime, it's like that here too, but

> fuck it man, lock 'em up! You could get creative and hit them with

> building code violations, "servicing" without a license, tampering with

> a gas line, the more charges the better, these jag off's could have

> blown up the whole building, what if you lived next door? These mental

> midgets certainly don't have the $ to defend themselves, and yeah,

> perfectly happy to have my tax dollars go towards locking up junkie

> thieves. Fuck people like that. Maybe doing some time gets them clean,

> save's their lives from the junk, could be the best thing that ever

> happened to them? What are we paying our prosecutors for?

As the country with the highest incarceration rate in the world shows, harsh punishment actually does nothing to stop crime. Locking up some bums for trying to steal an oven won't do jack shit and they'll be back stealing ovens the day they get released. These people need help and just locking people up is anything but helpfull.

What is your plan of action on that Bas ???? How would you handle the situation of lowering the crime rate and reabiltate the criminal ?

Part of the reason I want to become a social worker.

I got harassed by other prison guards when I did that job for talking to the inmates. They used the term social worker as an insult.

That’s what most people really need. Someone that genuinely cares to connect with them on a respectful level and help them get their shit figured out. Find a path that they can follow.

Some people are beyond repair and confined living is best for them and society. But our high prison rates are mostly political. Pandering to blood thirsty constituents. Govenor wants to say they “created” so many jobs. By building prisons and making them easy to fill?

> Pops Peds wrote:

> What is your plan of action on that Bas ???? How would you handle the

> situation of lowering the crime rate and reabiltate the criminal ?

I would take the sensible and proven to work method of doing as much as possible to not send people to jail and treating criminals humanely when they're in jail. Fines and community service are excellent punishments for people that commit these pretty harmless crimes.

Than theres also the social worker aspect, money should be redirected to prevention instead of punishment, its a lot cheaper that way.

> Bas Autowas wrote:

> > Stephen Keller wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Ted Grant wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > I assume they were released without charges since you can't fix

> stupid

>

> >

>

> > > and it's expensive trying. Since there were four agencies involved I

>

> >

>

> > > wouldn't be surprised if the city (tax payers) have already spent

>

> > five

>

> >

>

> > > grand responding to this incident. Of course they are innocent until

>

> >

>

> > > proven guilty and it would be another huge expense prosecuting and

>

> >

>

> > > convicting them...

>

> >

>

> > True that you can't fix stupid, but you can and absolutely should lock

>

> > it up at every opportunity. How hard could it be to prove, they were

>

> > found passed out at the scene of a burglary. This lazy lack of

>

> > prosecution is why we are awash in crime, it's like that here too, but

>

> > fuck it man, lock 'em up! You could get creative and hit them with

>

> > building code violations, "servicing" without a license, tampering

> with

>

> > a gas line, the more charges the better, these jag off's could have

>

> > blown up the whole building, what if you lived next door? These mental

>

> > midgets certainly don't have the $ to defend themselves, and yeah,

>

> > perfectly happy to have my tax dollars go towards locking up junkie

>

> > thieves. Fuck people like that. Maybe doing some time gets them clean,

>

> > save's their lives from the junk, could be the best thing that ever

>

> > happened to them? What are we paying our prosecutors for?

>

> As the country with the highest incarceration rate in the world shows,

> harsh punishment actually does nothing to stop crime. Locking up some

> bums for trying to steal an oven won't do jack shit and they'll be back

> stealing ovens the day they get released. These people need help and

> just locking people up is anything but helpfull.

Can't agree with you there, this is not a shoplifting case, these idiots could have blown up the building, these are the dangerous kind of stupid, and they belong behind bars, away from the rest of us. They might do it again when they get out, but for the time they are locked up, they will not be. If they have a history of convictions, you can then up the length of time they spend in jail, can't do that if you release them without charges. (edited)

> Papa _ wrote:

> Part of the reason I want to become a social worker.

>

> I got harassed by other prison guards when I did that job for talking to

> the inmates. They used the term social worker as an insult.

>

> That’s what most people really need. Someone that genuinely cares to

> connect with them on a respectful level and help them get their shit

> figured out. Find a path that they can follow.

>

> Some people are beyond repair and confined living is best for them and

> society. But our high prison rates are mostly political. Pandering to

> blood thirsty constituents. Govenor wants to say they “created” so many

> jobs. By building prisons and making them easy to fill?

I agree some people can be helped, but I don't believe it's the majority of the criminal element, most are willfully committing crimes, it's the result of shitty people turning out shitty kids, been going on for generations, and now there are enough to where they don't stand out they way they used to, they don't even feel they are wrong, zero sense of shame, only place for these people is in prison. Had people started caring much earlier in our history perhaps some of this could have been avoided? Our culture is shit, we are defined by what we have, not how you got it, or what kind of person you are, when those are the norms it breeds monsters.

Can't agree with you there, this is not a shoplifting case, these idiots could have blown up the building, these are the dangerous kind of stupid, and they belong behind bars, away from the rest of us. They might do it again when they get out, but for the time they are locked up, they will not be. If they have a history of convictions, you can then up the length of time they spend in jail, can't do that if you release them without charges.

Why would people in their 40's break into an abandoned house to steal an oven? Because they are master criminals doing one heist after another and that just love doing crime? Or might they be addicts or mentally ill?

My best guess is the second option and luckily mentall illness/addiction are treatable to a certain degree. Get them the proper help they need and they'll probably never steal again. If you just lock them up, it will cost more and they'll most certainly steal again which noone will benefit from.

If just locking people up would help, than the US should be the safest place on earth.

Some can be helped but so many don't want help...2 examples ...both in their 40's both are like a revolving door...one just shot and killed a guy ..he had been "back" out of prison for about 3 weeks...he has been in and out sinc he was a teen ager....2nd just got out about 2 months ago for probably the 20th time ...same as the other let out and right back in...he just got sent back for residential burgulary...was told by a guy that this one ran out of gas close to his house in bad weather and came to the door wanting gas.. the guy had 4 5 gal cans filled because bad weather and might lose electric so had gas for generator...he told the guy to get a 5 gal can of gas but be sure to bring his can back...the guy was honest enough to do as he asked and brought the can back but grabbed 2 more cans and ran to his truck before the guy could catch up with him.....you can not help some people (edited)

> Bas Autowas wrote:

> Can't agree with you there, this is not a shoplifting case, these idiots

> could have blown up the building, these are the dangerous kind of

> stupid, and they belong behind bars, away from the rest of us. They

> might do it again when they get out, but for the time they are locked

> up, they will not be. If they have a history of convictions, you can

> then up the length of time they spend in jail, can't do that if you

> release them without charges.

>

> Why would people in their 40's break into an abandoned house to steal an

> oven? Because they are master criminals doing one heist after another

> and that just love doing crime? Or might they be addicts or mentally

> ill?

>

> My best guess is the second option and luckily mentall illness/addiction

> are treatable to a certain degree. Get them the proper help they need

> and they'll probably never steal again. If you just lock them up, it

> will cost more and they'll most certainly steal again which noone will

> benefit from.

>

> If just locking people up would help, than the US should be the safest

> place on earth.

Yes and no, if we didn't have these people locked up we would be much worse off, only thing I agree with you on is low level non violent drug offences, we have way too many people doing hard time for dope, there are treatment programs, and many do help a lot of people, but you have to hang hard time over their heads to motivate many to take treatment seriously. Maybe you don't have it over there, but we have an element that LIKES being outlaws, never known anything else. Can't do much with them.

There will always be relentless criminals that should be in jail, however this number would be lower if emphasis is put on treating people at a young age, if you lock them up you only create more hardened criminals.

I doubt these appliance robbers wanted anything more than to have some money to score some drugs. Shure there are some drug addicts that can never be helped, but plenty of them are and the focus should be on that so the crime will stop.

We had quite a big heroin problem here in the 70's and 80's and the people that couldn't be helped are few and far between. The problem wasn't stopped by just throwing everyone in jail though (which was the first thing we tried), it was stopped with free needles, methadone and rehab facilities. It's a lot cheaper and it actually works.

There will always be criminals you can't help, but the system should be about helping the majority that can be helped.

And a question; do you lose all your benefits (social security/unemployment benefits/food stamps etc) when you're in jail in the US?

^ That I can't answer....as I don't know, I imagine once you were out you could reapply for stuff like food stamps...but have never used any of the above programs, so I honestly don't know. I would be all about a clean needle program, and we do have methadone clinics. I wonder if there is more a culture of "hope" in your country, where more people actually want to be helped, want to enter into society? If you don't have a lot of money here it can be pretty bleak....so I can really see the IDGAF many people are born into, are raised in, and pass on. It's really sad. But people like that are really dangerous too, it's a tough call as to what to do with them. (edited)

Yeah the criminals will keep doing g bad shit. It's a lifestyle to them. I live in a very safe state with very little crime. We used to have a town bum drug addict who basicly lived on the streets. In the winter he would do something just bad enough to get himself a cozy jail sell until spring. Also narcan is free but diabetics have to pay for insulin. It is a failed system. It's getting worse by the day. Sad to see it happen. I'm in my mid forties and I have watched the human race go down hill very fast. Kids don't go outside and play anymore. They sit at their computers ant their parents just don't give a shit as long as they don't get bothered. I guess crime has got worse so parents are glad they stay inside. Another thing that keeps kids from playing in fields and the woods around here is the ticks. I can't go out I. A tall grass area without 10 on me. Have lime disease and it's not fun. Need to start spraying ddt again, lol.

after the improvised dryall saw on a table leg article there was another linked article about winnipeg police removing a machete and "improvised firearm" from a car during a traffic stop.

>95% chance both of those people would have been shot dead in the US.

Regarding jail I definitely think we can and should do more to reduce reliance on heavy handed policing and incarceration. Treat people like criminals and that's what you get. Jail some kids father for smoking weed and they'll find a way to help support their family, probably wind up in jail themselves, and the only thing jail teaches most people is fuck everyone else.

> Pops Peds wrote:

> Some can be helped but so many don't want help...2 examples ...both in

> their 40's both are like a revolving door...one just shot and killed a

> guy ..he had been "back" out of prison for about 3 weeks...he has been

> in and out sinc he was a teen ager....2nd just got out about 2 months

> ago for probably the 20th time ...same as the other let out and right

> back in...he just got sent back for residential burgulary...was told by

> a guy that this one ran out of gas close to his house in bad weather and

> came to the door wanting gas.. the guy had 4 5 gal cans filled because

> bad weather and might lose electric so had gas for generator...he told

> the guy to get a 5 gal can of gas but be sure to bring his can

> back...the guy was honest enough to do as he asked and brought the can

> back but grabbed 2 more cans and ran to his truck before the guy could

> catch up with him.....you can not help some people

In dealing with criminals,nice guys finish last. I did everything I could to help this guy across the street. He repaid me by stealing 4 new Sears all season 8 ply rating tires, and several hand tools.

Then he graduated to robbing a liquor store. He's been in prison for probably 12 years and deserved his sentence.

I have a friend who just got outta prison, was trafficking marijuana, got caught having moved almost 400 lbs from CO to TN. That's a FUCKLOAD. in ONE CAR. it was a fully packed SUV, like bags and bags. Made it too, but the folks on the TN side got busted and turned him in, he went to jail for 5 years, just got out last year a little early cuz they released some folks during early Covid outbreaks to reduce crowding.

Last I heard he was working for a metal 3D printing company for a while but I think he left. That's someone I think served maybe more time than needed to learn from it, and is probably less functional in a society than he could be, and a good example of why we should focus on rehabilitation. Someone with a low-mid level crime going to jail for 1-10years is gonna come out unemployed, unemployable, and unprepared to work and I think that is a HUGE piece of recidivism. I could see him going back, not because he's a psycho criminal hellbent on chaos, but because he had his ability to function in normal society stripped away by the prison system, and then left to fend for himself in a society which completely undervalues manual or unskilled labor. What else you gonna do? go sell weed with some guys you met in jail probably. or worse.

Then on the other side there was a guy we knew who got crazy into meth and shit, real dumb shithead. He stabbed some kid to death trying to rob a GNC health store in Erie that he used to work at. Fucking insane. And obviously he got caught, they gonna recognize you if you're an ex employee. But he stabbed this kid multiple times, to death, over about $250 in the register. That's someone who probably shouldnt ever be released from jail.

I know 2 guys who were in jail til recently for faking an insurance claim. It was this fucking trash redneck asshole who'd gone to jail for a few months for assaulting his baby's mother. Got out and had no money and a note outstanding on a tacoma he'd bought not long before he got arrested. So he decided I'm gonna burn my car and get the insurance, and another friend was like, oh yea good call. So they both burned their cars at the same time and same place.... and tried to file a claim on them both. fucking morons. I would imagine they're either working construction of faking inspections at their family shithole car shop.

And then another trash idiot, all pretty prep boy, went to the marines and couldnt cut it, got himself medically discharged and came home and was trying to become a cop. shacked up with some older lady with kids, maybe it was PTSD, but he was always a fucking asshole, he beat the shit outta her and the kids. He got off with basically nothing too, like 6 months weekend jail or some shit. Who knows what he's doing now. Our prison system is fucked anyway. I do wonder if there was any chance to rehab that asshole, but i guarantee all his sentence did was just enough to make him even grumpier and angrier and more dangerous to others.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account