Re: What A Waste

Probably Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The bikes like that in my area most times were because most all the motorcycle repair shops closed unless you had a Harley. Many Japanese bikes were considered throwaway items which was good when it became time to purchase a used ones you could get them very cheap.

The only problem the two cycle Enduro bikes became highly collectible after many were left to rot or junked because of lack of shops also.

I used have my garage filled with 125 to 250cc Japanese brands 1970-80s motorcycles and parts, kinda like Moped’s today but they changed insurance laws making any titled motor vehicle had to have insurance whether it was used or not and penalized if you didn’t get the title done in time and for a spell before the law was repealed you had to pay the tax on the full retail value of a vehicle even if you got it for a fraction of the price.

So when I moved to more rural area going from a 2 1/2 car garage to a one car garage I sold them off thinking I could always pick up a one or two for cheap but then they were hard to find and expensive.

So for my two stroke addiction I went back to old stand by moped that didn’t need insurance, title just to have, my state got stricter then it was when I had my first Moped with having a plate and having only certain moped’s on the list but that’s was ok.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account