Re: Do You Even Steak, Bro?

This was a recipe I followed that used a dry rub and a basting sauce. It recommended cooking @ 225-250 until internal temp reached 205. After 12 hours I stopped for fear of drying it out and could not get it above 190. It pulls apart similar to pork. Not bad at all for my first time with brisket but I'm gonna try something different with the other 10 pound hunk. The only problem I have is keeping the wood chips smoking on a low heat setting. Had to break out the propane torch a few times to keep the wood going. You can actually over smoke meat and ive read that a rule of thumb is to never smoke more than half of the total cook time. Also, any apple wood will work fine. I cut down a crab apple tree a few years back and used the wood from that with great success.

First pic is a couple of hours into it...

20211107_135538.jpg
20211107_225019.jpg
20211108_082949.jpg

(edited)

alot less supply chain disruptions from your local farm

> Born to be WillD wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> alot less supply chain disruptions from your local farm

Here is the best grocery store ground beef ive ever had in my life. Its from Kroger and comes in patties or bulk. $4.99 a pound on sale and the dog shit meat costs about as much.

16363806504613675822269667829923.jpg

(edited)

cool, i'll check it out.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account