BLKBLK TUKTUK

Got another dumb way to get around city and risk mine and up to 5 of my friends lives; street legal and registered same as moped in CO.

B1965821-9A85-4201-8930-EDC8CD6ECA3A.jpeg

Re: BLKBLK TUKTUK

Fucking cool!

Ditto. I have never seen one but think they would be a excellent open air tourist vehicle. Instead of driving a limo you could offer a shuttle or bar hopping services to tourists. The logistics and liability/insurance requirements raise a lot of questions but I think there is a niche market for TUK TUK's. Safety is always a concern but there's worse ways to die. Happy trails!

Found this...

https://etukusa.com/press-media/the-first-street-legal-electric-tuk-tuks-in-the-united-states/

You and four friends with a keg.

We need to know some very important things about this. Like: what kind of engine it has, transmission, top speed (w and w/o passengers).

We were just browsing tuktuks at the office last week. didnt see any sedans as nice as this though.

Now make it rip, it'll be awesome

daan SJAARLOOS /

That would be amazing with a ludicrous kit and please put some dumb looking pipe one it. And a polini sticker

It’s electric, so no pipe. 2kw motor limited to 30mph via the controller (rightfully so). It had 350lbs of lead acid batteries 60v/100ah (5x12v/100ah) I replaced those with 20lbs of lipo that is 72v/30ah; this makes it kind of top heavy so once I have the cash I’m going to replace the stock battery and run the lipo as reserve which should give it about a 35mile range and make it more stable. It currently has 10mile range with passengers.

Make is unknown, maybe Lijia based on the marking on the seats, definitely Chinese.

9D78801A-EC89-4E67-9DA3-4786752822E3.jpeg
D0261CA7-5E1E-4ED0-88BF-91317F9E9318.jpeg
DC290601-C64C-41BE-BC7C-C1030E655C3B.jpeg

C38A4B2D-EE38-4176-B5A0-6A6EFF2ABC62.jpeg

daan SJAARLOOS /

Fuk it just put a pipe on it anyway

How did you manage to import it?

Wow that is resplendent.

Apparently back in early 2000s Bajaj sent 5 or 6 vespa based tuktuks over for regulatory approval and testing. Somehow they managed to not get scrapped and are therefore the only fully legal ones in America

A buddy of mine spent years trying to track one down and was finally able to get his hands on one a couple years ago, I haven't been back to Austin to visit him in years so I haven't seen it but I'm pretty excited to check it out.

> Graham Motzing wrote:

>

> A buddy of mine spent years trying to track one down and was finally

> able to get his hands on one a couple years ago, I haven't been back to

> Austin to visit him in years so I haven't seen it but I'm pretty excited

> to check it out.

there's a tuk-tuk in front of Desi Bros. Indian Market here in Austin. Not sure if it's the one you are speaking of but I think it had a Texas plate on it if I remember right.

This is sweeeet!

Yeah that's crazy, my buddy Kyle does buy and sell off a lot of wild shit so he might have passed it on but knowing him it's ensconced comfortably in his climate controlled storage with the rest of his collection. Next time I talk to him I'll ask. Maybe I can convince him to borrow it if I ever visit for a rally, haha. Normally I borrow his rd400 'beater' nicer than almost anything else I own.

@ Graham...Very interesting. Here's a pic of my friend's "beater" RD 400 that I'm trying to buy when he decides to down size. They were very fast in their day and could outrun many larger displacement bikes.

rd 400.jpg

Daaaamn that's sick. I love tiny vehicles.

I toyed with the tiny tuk idea when I had to bail on my samurai, to have a "moped" I can ride on the rainy days, when I can't ride the good ones. But ultimately, it snows a lot here and that's a poor choice for reliable winter transport. Probably. Maybe a 4wd acty tho...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account