Re: Other Vices / Collections

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

I somehow ended up with a bunch of crt professional video monitors.I also stumbled into some free or cheap old stereo equipment.

Nothing fancy, but much better than the newer free stuff I had been using.

Yamaha a-760 receiver

Technics sl1900 tt

Yamaha k960

There seem to be warehouses filled with old electronics all over los angeles.

E-waste is a huge problem...especially CRT stuff. (edited)

There was a waste disposal company in cleveland a few years ago that got arrested for this several million dollar scheme where they were "disposing" of hazardous (like "universal waste" hazardous waste - stuff like CFL's and batteries, not like toxic radioactive barrels or anything) electronic waste, etc by just hiding it in abandoned warehouses.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Hahaha...

Crt monitor listed new for 11k in 1980. Has 1048x780 something add 5 bnc for security cams. rbg out to 24hr vcr deck.

Arc engineering crt. Before you could use the software to flip an image this monitor had a profile and landscape mode add an output that did likewise. I think it was 7k new.

80mb hard drives...

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

> ♣Slew Foot♣ wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Crt monitor listed new for 11k in 1980. Has 1048x780 something add 5 bnc

> for security cams. rbg out to 24hr vcr deck.

yeah, basically this but from 2002 instead of 1980. Up to 720 progressive scan and 1080

interlaced.

Plenty of bnc inputs and outputs that support ypbpr, rgb, and y/c. msrp in 2000 looks to be somewhere around $15K, so not even close to the $11k in 80s money.

Ted Grant /
Kodakecam.jpg

The first digital camera available to the consumer. The Kodak E cam was around 11K retail. Slow af and laughable by today's standards...

daan SJAARLOOS /

Nothing to show as a collection. Got rid of all my excess moped stuff, guitar stuff, random I want this stuff (thrift store addict) when I bought my house. Felt good to ged rid of all the clutter.

Have plenty of vices though.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

O I smoke the pot...

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Ted Grant wrote:

> The first digital camera available to the consumer. The Kodak E cam was

> around 11K retail. Slow af and laughable by today's standards...

I mean, this is all not correct. The first digital camera available to the consumer in the US was the Dycam Model 1, and it was $995 in 1990.

The Kodak D-5000 (aka ECam) pictured was a prototype built by Steve Sasson that was the foundation for his patent, but it was never put into production or available for purchase.

Ted Grant /

> Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

> > Ted Grant wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > The first digital camera available to the consumer. The Kodak E cam

> was

>

> > around 11K retail. Slow af and laughable by today's standards...

>

> I mean, this is all not correct. The first digital camera available to

> the consumer in the US was the Dycam Model 1, and it was $995 in 1990.

>

> The Kodak D-5000 (aka ECam) pictured was a prototype built by Steve

> Sasson that was the foundation for his patent, but it was never put into

> production or available for purchase.

You mean I read something on the net that wasn't true...F**k me...Good thing Moped Army guys can smell a bullshit article a mile away...LOL...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Top shelf bourbon.

PXL_20210921_201433740.jpg

Ted Grant /

Sweeeet! Gorgeous combo you have there. I have never even seen this series in Canada...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

How do ya get the rubber on the road ?

I like classy but not brand crazy...

20210922_173538.jpg
20210922_173549.jpg
20210922_174849.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

These kick. Sound much better than my Sony thrusters or Akia bookshelf. They kinda match the old jensens to clarity@peak. I have never blown them no matter how much analog I put through them. Digital about 250w

Limit per channel.

The Sony's and Akia couldn't handle the pioneers output. It's volume knobs maxed but I got that pre amp bridged to my board to control signal. But the power on pop would waste most speakers my ovation and kustom bass cab excluded with those klhs

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account