Re: Delusional For Sale Ads

Ted Grant /

HaHa...That 69 Satellite is more of a chunk of coal than a diamond in the rough. Once the floors get soft the torsion rod crossmember isn't long for this world. My sister drove a 71 Duster right to the better end. The suspension torque rod tore out of the floor leaving the tire rubbing the underside of the front fender. This 69 Satellite is too rough for me...Nothing 60k and five years won't fix...

was it a u7e in that iphone 13 ad?

I've bene looking at this GoPed for a few weeks. Seller thinks its "Very Rare" and worth $400. I'd be in it for $75, I may just have to start lowballing the guy :).

GoPed.png

I broke my hand on one of those gopeds last summer, like same thing, same brand, fucked me up

We just had a friction drive AMF come up on CL, 600.00! Had to giggle, it is is nice shape, but wow.

I bought 2 for $80, dumped 90 into the one that wasn't seized solid, and sold them both to some poor dude for $130, he offered to let me buy them back because he couldnt find parts for them "because they were rarer than he thought". He wanted $800

Ted Grant /

That's a big ask...Seller should have mentioned it's also a classic and asked for another grand or two...

> Born to be WillD wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I broke my hand on one of those gopeds last summer, like same thing,

> same brand, fucked me up

Well, after search for "GoPed Crashes" on YouTube I have decided that as cool as they look, a GoPed is not a good fit for me and my family :). Holy crap are those things dangerous!

Ted Grant /

Found this 1975 Solex 4600 for sale with a big asking price. Neat bike with a weird second brake light?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-scooters-pocket-bikes/mississauga-peel-region/solex-moped-1975/1593356984

^ Maybe that was the tail/running light? Brian Solex showed me a pic of one with a similar style lamp....hard to find!

yea that is weird, that was original?

I had a vespa once and sold just the taillight cover for more than i bought the bike for. It had the "acorn" style (i think it was called) taillight, but that kinda had this like bubble light above the main taillight. but not nearly as extreme as that solex

Ted Grant /

Recent MBK 40V listed locally. Pretty big ask considering the condition and time of year. Weird cobbled on tailight and a metal band on the left side of the motor. Would buy for one grand less...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-other/winnipeg/1970-mobylette-motobecane-40v-moped-rare/1596556690

^ Neither "complete" or all "original".

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account