Tattooing

Any tattoo artist here? I'm sure there is alot. I just started messing around on fake skin. Pretty fun. I decided to do one on my thigh just to see how real skin was. Not great but a learning experience. I have figured out how to do better line work and set my amperage since I did it.

I used to draw alot so this is fun. I haven't really drawn anything in 20 years so I'm gonna pick it back up again

20210708_222830.jpg

Re: Tattooing

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Sakura Japanese calligraphy inks. Expensive but tat would look a year old after they dig up your corpse after a decade.

Where's it at?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Peeps used to practice on oranges...

Brian Kin_duh_mo /

i am a tattooer. And there are definitely more here. try grapefruit or go to your local butcher and see if they have pig skin. That'll be the closest to the real thing and may save you from being your own guinea pig.

> Brian Kin_duh_mo Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i am a tattooer. And there are definitely more here. try grapefruit or

> go to your local butcher and see if they have pig skin. That'll be the

> closest to the real thing and may save you from being your own guinea

> pig.

Was gonna say pig skin too, since its been extensively grafted on to humans over the years.

yeah, there's a bunch of tattooers on here that are regular posters

I have been using the fake silicone skin. It's nice because I can tell how deep I am going. The skin I am using is 1.3mm so if I go through I am a little deep. I am riding the tube now so it makes it a little more accurate with depth

Swoops started around a tattoo shop in atlanta, mostly Mark but the whole group there sortof go into it, and that's where we'd meet, hang, fix shit outside. Lots of adjacent pals into it too

With no experience and no tatoos myself, i did give a tattoo once

our friend Dan has a couple of our initials really haphazardly and painfully scrawled permanently onhis skin

but we did have a good clean shop and equipment at least.

I remember mark once tattoed himself with some 2 stroke oil mixed in

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I worked at an art supplier and got a 25% off. The local tatooists would buy the inks through me. I have mixed colors for tats never done or got one.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> Swoops started around a tattoo shop in atlanta, mostly Mark but the

> whole group there sortof go into it, and that's where we'd meet, hang,

> fix shit outside. Lots of adjacent pals into it too

>

> With no experience and no tatoos myself, i did give a tattoo once

>

> our friend Dan has a couple of our initials really haphazardly and

> painfully scrawled permanently onhis skin

>

> but we did have a good clean shop and equipment at least.

>

> I remember mark once tattoed himself with some 2 stroke oil mixed in

Very few have no tattoos now days.

Yeah it is crazy how tattoos are majorly acceptable now. When I first started getting tattooed 20 plus years ago people would look at you funny. Now everyone is sleeved out and tattoo shops everywhere

Betty Crocker /

Did you color your color ink over your black ink?

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> Very few have no tattoos now days.

I do think it's kinda funny that I have never gotten but have given a tattoo

daan SJAARLOOS /

Pretty soon you'll be considered an outcast on the fringe of society for not having any tattoos.. I've always wanted to get tattoos, never did it, I guess for lack of caring that much about my appearance haha. I'm not so sure I want one now.

> Misty Rae Wrote:

> Did you color your color ink over your black ink?

No. I did color then some black in the areas I attempted to shade, haha

i almost did, probably wouldve if i wasnt so cheap and now it's like a thing that I don't have any. Like I couldve easily smoked cigarettes but at some point i got to a place where everyone who did already did it, so now it feels like too late to start. which is fine

When I graduated undergrad I lived in Knoxville, alone for a summer. my now wife was teaching at a summer camp. we talked a lot and wrote letters, wish i'd kept em, but always with some great little illustrations, she's a badass artist with a pretty awesome unique style i'm understandably enamored with.

Anyway, I got as far as pricing out one of those doodles I especially liked to have permanently installed on my chest, and then backed out cuz, like i said, i'm cheap.

then i almost traded my first indian chief moped to a guy at memorial in atl in exchange for 4 hours, which is wayyy more than it was worth, but i wound up selling it later that day for actual money instead. I had some image picked out from Palomar, from Love and Rockets, which is still maybe the best comic i've ever read. I love it.

daan SJAARLOOS /

We're in the same situation. Had a few ideas over the years never did them, pretty happy I didn't as some of them would be pretty awful in hindsight.

Once you never had them done at the age where most people get them it becomes this thing.. Its pretty weird.

> daan SJAARLOOS Wrote:

> Pretty soon you'll be considered an outcast on the fringe of society for

> not having any tattoos.. I've always wanted to get tattoos, never did

> it, I guess for lack of caring that much about my appearance haha. I'm

> not so sure I want one now.

Have considered having one or two to celebrate a special occasion. I am very picky and have only seen a handful of artists I would succumb to. So, I have none.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Gadzooks I am so glad I don't have a shuffling buffalo...

Betty Crocker /

Darks to lights my friend

> daan SJAARLOOS Wrote:

> We're in the same situation. Had a few ideas over the years never did

> them, pretty happy I didn't as some of them would be pretty awful in

> hindsight.

>

> Once you never had them done at the age where most people get them it

> becomes this thing.. Its pretty weird.

Agreed 100%, I thought about it when younger, and SO glad now that I didn't. I don't hate them at all, on other people, the woman who owns my fave diner is covered in them, and some she has yet to let me see, lol, and they look great, on her.

Like is said been into tattoos for 25 years. I wanted to see what skin was like. Gonna practice up a bunch more before I do it again. Just got this from a pro yesterday. I wish I could tattoo like this. Ruben little is the man.

20210731_171916.jpg

Thats good work there.^

Woo hoo hell yes!!! Kat Von D is moving to Vevay Indiana. If she sets up shop I wil get my first tat from her. Vevay is a little over an hour away from Louisville. Holy shit look at the 145 year old haunted mansion she bought. It needs redecorated inside but it's so her.

https://loudwire.com/kat-von-d-haunted-indiana-mansion/ (edited)

daan SJAARLOOS /

Just gave my girlfriend her first tiny tattoo as a birthday present. Handpoke

That's a pretty sick hand poke.

Got a new turbo tattoo...Kidding...Remember this from a few years back..

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/2rmnkw/guy_gets_tattoo_of_alternator_thinks_its_a_turbo/

♣Slew Foot♣ /

You can make higher quality ink than you can buy. Fat pine from SC. Turn to lamp black make classic Japanese calligraphy inks better than Japan's due to the quality of the fat pine...

Mark swoops used to tattoo, he once had a tattoo done with some 2 stroke oil mixed in

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account