Am I doin' this right?

Roasted this pipe in the name of de-gunking ! !

aaaaaaa.jpg
aaaaa.jpg

Re: Am I doin' this right?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

You fill it with ez off oven cleaner first?

nah just chucked em on and let em roast for awhile. not sure it did much but blacken em up a bit haha. I heard somewhere ya let em soot up and the gunk just flakes away. Might have to have a re-do-bbq tomorrow to finish the job

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Ez off cherry them let cool washout.

Cool appreciate the tip, thank you! Burnin this pipe up in the name of getting it cleaned up to get a non runner back to stock as dirt cheap as I can. While I was roastin this, it dawned on me that putting youtube videos into practice aint always straight forward. I bought a bike with 2/3rds electrical crap missing; ha!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Puch?

They have the horn in the Iggy circuit. Uninitiated tend to destroy what they don't understand.

Puch! I have no idea if you're insulting me or not haha. Iggy circuit = ignition? I think the person I bought it off of got a CDI and half assed the rest of the assembly out of the equation or got stumped then decided to sell for pretty cheap. I've got some learning to do. There'll be a proper post in the coming days once I can gather my words.

Fill pipes with dollar store oven cleaner, let soak, hose out, not as much fun as starting a fire, but cheaper.

Thanks for the input Stephen. I'm gonna hose em out tomrrow and re-assess. Will most likely be doing precisely what you've suggested. Really have no baseline for these pipes, as I havent run the ped yet. Just saw they were super gunky, had a clean stock backup pipe and decided to see if roasting them would be fruitful as a cleaning method.

Not sure if bbq'ing it will get it hot enough. I use a mapp gas bernzomatic torch and destroy the air quality in my neighborhood.

Heat that thing up till it smokes like a diesel, then you whack it with a rubber mallet and all the baked crap falls out.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

A length of bass guitar e string and a power drill. Frey the one end and make a ball of outer winding clip inner to make a qtip like mass ..

^ Gnarly! I like the chemical treatment best though, easiest, what you sugested would be good for rusty tanks though...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It'll clear those tarred up tubes. The. Rattling of the string knocks the carbon out.

^ I want to sip whiskey with you Slew before I check out! :)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account