Re: Does the moped community like road bikes?

that reverse steer is pretty sweet. I have some spare wheels that should fit that crescent, theyre 27's, which I think should be right? I've got some road 26s also, but probably makes sense to just switch to 700 if you're getting wheels.

It's a crescent? They made mopeds briefly, but they were awesome, headlight in the gastank!

so nuclear era style

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> that reverse steer is pretty sweet. I have some spare wheels that should

> fit that crescent, theyre 27's, which I think should be right? I've got

> some road 26s also, but probably makes sense to just switch to 700 if

> you're getting wheels.

>

> It's a crescent? They made mopeds briefly, but they were awesome,

> headlight in the gastank!

>

> http://www.worldkustom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Moped_small.jpg

>

> so nuclear era style

Yeah that Crescent has a Campagnolo crankset so I’m trying to find other campo parts for it. I just found a campagnolo front hub/wheel for it at a garage sale a few weeks ago. I just need the back wheel and a few more pieces.

I just looked at the date I bought the frame and it was in 2016, at this rate it should be done by 2040!

09759FBB-D17A-4AF2-8603-B1CFC2630D76.jpeg
1AF2E321-D6AC-40FD-99F0-A73960185DB2.jpeg

A few people have tried to buy the crankset off me over the last few years.

PS I realize that logo is just on the wheel quick release lever in the photo but don’t worry the hub is campagnolo too. There was another wheel at the garage sale with that same quick release but the hub was some off brand so I didn’t buy it.

Y'all have some cool bicycles!

Here's a full pic of the Puch Cavette

IMG_20210624_152101.jpg

Giuseppe Zappa /

How about this for a road bike….1948 vintage with Campagnolo Cambio Corsa gear chang- precursor to the ‘modern’ derailleur systems. (The dual levers on the seat stay) …..purchased in Italy a few years ago and will get restored at some point.

-G

5DD0D4F3-32FA-4DAE-B3D6-B2A79A68E685.jpeg

I have an campy bolt-in rear derailleur if you want it, but it's not period correct, it's like a 90s athena. It's pretty tho, but shorter throw than the rear cog range I use

Giuseppe Zappa /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I have an campy bolt-in rear derailleur if you want it, but it's not

> period correct, it's like a 90s athena. It's pretty tho, but shorter

> throw than the rear cog range I use

Thanks for the offer !

..But the rarity of the cambio corsa ( a complete set up sells easily for over $800 in good shape alone ) and the historic nature of this bicicletta is why I will only carefully restore it. This particular bike was actually used by Bruno Pasquini in the 1948 Tour De France and Giro D’Italia among other races…

Most of my Italian frames have Campagnolo gruppo’s. Mostly Record / Super Record / Nuovo Record….. A few of them have other Gnutti, FB, Modolo, or other Italian parts, but definitely no asian or french parts on Italian bikes. ( some would say I’m an Italian bike “snob”….I say I am a “purist” 😎🇮🇹 I like to keep them as period correct and pure as possible. I have owned and tried all the new stuff as well….aluminum frames, carbon frames, etc…..but my love is Steel, and vintage !

Ciao - G

> Giuseppe Zappa Wrote:

> How about this for a road bike….1948 vintage with Campagnolo Cambio

> Corsa gear chang- precursor to the ‘modern’ derailleur systems. (The

> dual levers on the seat stay) …..purchased in Italy a few years ago and

> will get restored at some point.

>

> -G

Nice machine, I bet it takes some getting used to to reach back there to shift? (have never seen this setup before).

Very cool bike Giuseppe!

I'm watching the TDF right now, but it's nothing compared to the good old days.

Giuseppe Zappa /

Bas ! Great photo !!

And Stephen…yeah…you have to use 1 lever to unlock the rear axle, then you use the other to lift and move the chain to a different cog ( 3 speed ) …then slightly back pedal to take up slack, then lock the axle back down…. Gino Bartali was super good at it. …me ?..I’m still afraid of losing fingers ! But it is a super interesting piece of history that I was glad to find and save !

-G

^ Good grief....out of my league, but I agree it is a fascinating piece of history!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account