Moto carb trouble question

Born to be WillD /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Howdy yall, just looking for more ideas, i'm basically out

I got a ninja 250. had it forever, 2006, around 18k. Always been super reliable.

Recently it stopped starting, traced the trouble to the airfilter (foam) having disintegrated and sucked all thru the carb and clogged a few small passages and whatever.

So I cleaned the shit outta the carb, then ultrasonic cleaned it, then cleaned it some more. While I had everything off I reset the valves too, 2 were kinda off, theyre all picture perfect now. New air filter, changed the oil too for poops and hahas

Now, I get it together and it idles like shit. It's either 4000 or like 500 and dying.

So I think, gotta be idle circuit, i played wide with the air/fuel screws, meticulously re-cleaned the idle circuit holes and stuff, (which holy fucking shit it sucks getting those carbs out, that's a full evening gone), bench sync'd and a/f adjusted to factory

but all reassembled, nothing's better. I'm kinda outta ideas, i havent checked for airleaks but i'm pretty certain there arent any cuz I cant imagine where there would be. but I really got no other ideas.

Has to be idle circuit. thansks for listening, typing this out has me thinkin i gotta 1st double check no airleaks but really just try again and see if theres any dumb small holes in the carb i mightve missed or some shit. god i hate getting those carbs out.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account