Re: VSP : The moped of cars

there was a moped-adjacent fella we used to hang out with in atlanta who went out west I think he was at Puget naval base.

I just now completely unrelated stumbled across this article about the Citroen Ami

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/28/cars/citroen-ami-cheap-electric-car/index.html

A 1 seater tiny car. holy shit i want one of these.

it's like, a moped I can ride in the winter too. sold.

even better it sounds like there will be some Ami's in the US! buuuuuttt.... not for sale. only for a car share program in DC.

Seems like I need to make a trip to DC then!

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> even better it sounds like there will be some Ami's in the US!

> buuuuuttt.... not for sale. only for a car share program in DC.

>

> Seems like I need to make a trip to DC then!

For what that thing costs you could get a used Transit Connect, pretty reliable, high on the bizarre scale, has airbags, could put kid it it, and will haul a moped. Or one of those itsy bitsy Nissan vans, can never decide if they are electric or not....but they are tiny and practical.

I like the Ami. Something so small and slow for short distances is perfect for electric power.

Part of me really wants to build my own EV though.

It’s getting to be price-possible to both buy or convert a vehicle.

Exciting times.

I was recently toying with buying one of these:

late 70s electric car, battery powered bank of SLA's like pretty much a golf cart. I'd totally use it, but in reality when I need a car is when it's winter and that's definitely not a winter car. summer I just ride. I havent used my car in over 2 months. I should probably double check it still starts

Those are cool, but not a winter thing....just dig up some old '80's Toyota or Nissan, or a Honda, fun to drive easy to work on, good mpg, and safer than that thing! ^ Or a Used van they are incredibly useful.

but it's sooooo coooooool!

tiny weird old electric thing. yes please. to hell with practical

Anyway I'm in no rush to get anything. I have a shitty passat that sortof works well enough that I can just ignore it and never drive it til the snow falls, and then probably make it 19/20 commutes without too much issue (edited)

They are cool, I remember reading about them in Popular Mechanics back in the day, "the future" :)

yea it was sold as a kit outta pop mech I think?

I still def want it, but not for any reasonable or practical or well though out purposes.

Google up the "Freeway" 3 wheel car, made in MN, most gas, but I think there was an electric option? Ought to be right up your alley....

"HMV FreeWay" Check it out.

Goldmember had one:

AA05B855-2471-4EFE-8052-37915360A698.png

real pocketrocket

I owned a freeway back in mid 80's.. was a fun ride for the kids but was before internet and couldn't find parts for it.also had a late 50's i think it was metesersmidts ( not sure of that spelling) in the mid to late 60's built on the same pattern..the metesmidt was made from air plane cockpits left over from the war...the passenger in both sat in line like on a motorcycle...i know the metersmaidt had reverse by turning the motor off and turning the key the opposite way and the motor started in the.opposite direction ..i think maybe the freeway was the same way.but has been too long ..

You mean a Messerschmitt KR 200? Those are quite collectable, too bad you don't still have it. I don't think the Free-Way had a reverse, maybe in the electric model, but very few of those were built, most had a giant Tecumseh engine back behind you, more related to a snowmobile than a motorcycle. I have wanted one forever, got to sit in one once, very primitive, but loved it anyway. I used to know where there were 2 of them rotting outside a self storage place a ways south of me, but that was like 30 yrs ago...doubtful they or the place is still there.

> yea it was sold as a kit outta pop mech I think?

>

> I still def want it, but not for any reasonable or practical or well

> though out purposes.

LMFAO, I TOTALLY "get" This! :) ^

Still waiting on my Elio. Wanted one Soo bad

> Seth B Wrote:

> So this just came across my Facebook feed. Three wheels, two people,

> 75mph, electric with standard 110-220v charging, 102 mile range, heated

> seats, and it’s motorcycle class.

>

> https://www.arcimoto.com/fuv?utm_source=facebook-ads&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=broad-funnel-3-tofu&utm_content=broad-funnel-3-tofu-a&fbclid=IwAR2ErpN5joWhLv5JQ5oGEtu6dFH2v6sqoLiAGWpllzn5oE5Ogp1sK7gIkb4_aem_AQlYxMl9v3dNCCk3Vfa0q-8lEWE5pdYMlnAT6mju4NBcn1i3NXtAWPMflud8I9GyorQ2aHH11IyX6WXq2nuDP9rebyscNf85h_ljnd4-_8cg65rSdKelyaC9akMXgUCfZWw

Cool, but price makes it uncompetitive, but it is sweet, would totally drive one.

"starting at $18000" yowch

it's only like 10 for the lifan pickman, very funny. Do want. I couldnt go far but thats what the other car's for. or rent something. I dunno, i do like the dumb tiny impractical trash

this thing's 3d printed

There's the Renault Twizy

[attachment 244976 000000007967837.jpg]

images.jpeg-8.jpg
000000007967837.jpg

I have seen a lot of twizies around this area. Seems to make a reasonable communter.

WillD, I also want that truck. It looks like a micro machine jeep comanche.

XBUS by ElectricBrands Not cheap, but super cool, start saving now.... :)

coool

\tho id almost prefer it slower and not extended

Agreed.

> coool

>

> \tho id almost prefer it slower and not extended

A guy I work with just moved here from Japan. He is on an email list for a used vehicle sales/exporter in Japan.

You will not believe the used car prices! Even with shipping and export fees, these things are so cheap. Smol. Ugly even.

WillD, it’s perfect.

I will have one. It is gonna happen.

Here’s the website: mitsui.co.ltd

There are so many listings and they are just all too great. I can barely contain myself. The site is well put together and the listing are very compete. Video and pictures.

8B5B7AAE-AECC-49CE-A39F-C95B8E6A74B0.jpeg

^ That is really cool, but check your local states laws first, it varies from state to state if you can plate some of those toys, MN is pretty bitchy about it, maybe if you live in the sticks and know someone at the DMV, WI does not seem to care. Very cool website though. To get something "close" look at a Nissan NV200 van, very expensive here, for some reason, even used, and certainly unsafe, but fits the bill and no RHD. Thanks for posting, I see a huge time sink in my future reading this! :)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account