Re: I have a serious question for the moped community.

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to figure out where I want to go. I feel like if I go back, it would just be me taking steps backward. It's weird having my parents and brother kind of entertaining the fact of me going back, and them being supportive about it. I mean people move on and shit, but with everything that went on there and here, I don't know because I think I'll just be tossing myself back into somewhere that I don't need to be. Kind of hard to make a decision on somewhere when you haven't been a lot of places, I've been thinking about places here in NC, but there's still having no knowledge of anywhere like Raleigh, or Charlotte. Where it seems cool and there's people riding. I guess going back to Richmond would be like sticking your hand in the fire again after you've been burned, and you made the dumbass choice knowing damn well what was going to happen. (edited)

Brandon,

When I was a volunteer firefighter, there were a couple times that I spoke with people after their uninsured house just burned down with everything in it.

They were probably slightly in shock and maybe not fully processing the situation.

However, the general attitude was that of a sober gratitude; to be alive, safe, and with their family.

I don’t wish that on anyone, but I can appreciate how that experience forces someone to re-evaluate their priorities and start from scratch.

Things are things and status is fickle. But life is precious.

There are probably rich, famous people laying on their death bed right now that would give everything to trade places with you. You, and your life, are of great worth. Even when things seem to be not so good.

When I was in Africa, I left base one time. The guy driving me said, as we passed a group of children that stood outside the gates begging all day, that someone he knew gave a kid an extra water bottle once. He didn’t have time to feel good about it because, as they drove on, they looked back and saw all the kids beating the shit out of each other for that 20oz water bottle.

You are also in a land of extreme wealth and opportunity.

So, move. Dont move. Whatever. But you have a life to live and are blessed to be in a place of so many bright future possibilities.

I feel like I have said all these exact same things in another post. And others have said similar.

Turn your frown upside down, get a spring in your step, take the bull by the horns and start living your best life instead of dwelling on the bad stuff.

Richmond is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I was up there last weekend. Hung out for a day and returned to the calm of Norfolk, VA. Now, another option for job hunting is a Temp Service. Lets you test the waters before committing. They do take a cut for hooking you up" but it's better than no money. And most of the time if you do a good job you can make permanent with the company your'e working for.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I agree. That’s the reason I moved 45 minutes from RVA. I only go to Richmond when I need to.

> Sam P. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Richmond is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I

> was up there last weekend. Hung out for a day and returned to the calm

> of Norfolk, VA. Now, another option for job hunting is a Temp Service.

> Lets you test the waters before committing. They do take a cut for

> hooking you up" but it's better than no money. And most of the time if

> you do a good job you can make permanent with the company your'e working

> for.

> Sam P. Wrote:

> Richmond is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I

> was up there last weekend. Hung out for a day and returned to the calm

> of Norfolk, VA. Now, another option for job hunting is a Temp Service.

> Lets you test the waters before committing. They do take a cut for

> hooking you up" but it's better than no money. And most of the time if

> you do a good job you can make permanent with the company your'e working

> for.

I dug it a lot, spent a lot of time there in my teens and early 20's going to shows in the city. I've always liked the city a lot, and did enjoy the time that I lived there aside from the stupid shit with the Rebel Rousers and my literally crazy roommate. I loved going on bike rides, walks(at night too)maybe getting some coffee or something to burn time. The first place I've been where I thought "this is cool, and even better now that I'm here". I even got really lucky for being in a great area too, and before I lost my job I was looking at apartments or even taking over the lease of the house I was in, in my name. (edited)

When I was in my early 20's I lived a few blocks from the oceanfront. Almost every night I'd pedal down to the bars and party. I'm no longer in my 20's and I rarely go to the oceanfront anymore. Been there, done that. It was time for a change and I knew it needed to be done. I have no complaints in life. It took awhile but the effort was worth the results.

Yeah, it sucks when you have people against you and don't know why, and others are just adding to the fire. Leaving you confused and angry trying to understand why those things happened and what you did to deserve them when you were just trying to live. Having people force negativity into your life, push you away from others, and blame you for saying anything about it or reacting to it, then it being used against you to ruin your name and reputation for no reason, or things that won't be ever explained to you. You can't understand the hate, you can't understand why you're not wanted, you can't understand why it seems like so many people were contributing to your downfall and not being able to understand why, and where things went wrong, or how you could fix them. The good intentions and attempts to be a part of something while trying to re-grow a non-existant social life again in a new city, with apparent new chances and opprotunites to take. Trying to take advantage of those things, and wanting to, only to have your name drug through the dirt again by people, again, for reasons you can't understand. Ending up alone, unhappy, unsatisfied, alienated, and isolated, while running things through your head again for the millionth time, as still the fingers pointed at you while you desperately try to make others understand, and hear your side again only for it to fall on deaf ears.

Going back to that situation years back, that was of someone's own wrongdoing, not mine, I should have not been blamed and made to suffer the consequences of someone else's bad choice, and have it follow me for years of my life like I did something wrong. I didn't, it was not my fault, I didn't do anything wrong, and it's not right to hold something against me for years over something I really had no part in. Stop being a fucking coward, admit you did something wrong and not fuck other peoples shit up because of it. As far as destroying me socially for it, no one should have to have problems because of someone elses actions they can't admit to. Yeah, and my parents getting involved and intruding on my life and the lives of my roommates caused a shit load of issues too that I ended up getting fucked over for. (edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Too self critical. Step back. Past is past now is present.

The future is you. You are driving your own car. Don't bitch about traffic don't rage. Enjoy the scenery.

Yeah, but the past is the problem. I can't catch a break man, and I've been really fucked up about it for the last couple of days. I'm not a bad person, and never have been, but I swear the dumbest shit, or problems others caused gets held against me and I'm the asshole for it when I get pissed. I wanted this to be the answer for me, and thought it was. And for what? I haven't done anything wrong. There's just always some drama that comes out of nowhere and if I react I'm the asshole, and I've dealt with it a lot in life being shitcanned for what others did.

You seem to be someone wanting attention.good or bad as long as it is attention.

Yeah, there's not shit to do or anyone around. I'm not going to lie, but I think all of this is really pathetic. I hate where I'm at where I am in life and that I'm doing this shit. I need to talk about this shit to a therapist, not people on a moped forum. (edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Wow.

Good call.

Take up whittling duck decoys...

People are overrated. Get cool with you.do your own thing f what ppl think. Get your self centered and everything else falls into place.

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> Wow.

>

> Good call.

>

> Take up whittling duck decoys...

>

> People are overrated. Get cool with you.do your own thing f what ppl

> think. Get your self centered and everything else falls into place.

That's some real shit right there. Very true.

I diddnt get happy until I quit giving a fuck about my so called friends. And ditched em to do my own thing. My group was always pushing me to be more like them. Giving me a hard time for not prioritizing getting laid, having girlfriends, getting drunk, and going into debt to drive a cool car. Made fun of all of my hobbies from typewriter repair, ham radio, mopeds, b/w photography.I always felt less than. Dudes dumped all my photo chemicals down the drain once....

Within a week of ditching those guys I realized holy shit I'm not sad anymore. Been like 10 years now. I'm 32, broke, in a career that means nothing after my momma dies(I'm her caregiver) annnnnd I'm pretty happy and content! I will admit I'm looking to get into a career I choose and leave behind the one I fell into.

Found out I'm on the spectrum. So yeah, explains the wierd hobbies for sure. Also haven't used drugs for ten years. But yeah, probably wouldn't be here unless I did my own thing.

Do your own damn thing dude

Also, whittling is fun as hell.

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> You seem to be someone wanting attention.good or bad as long as it is

> attention.

Yep, get that impression too.

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> Yeah, there's not shit to do or anyone around. I'm not going to lie, but

> I think all of this is really pathetic. I hate where I'm at where I am

> in life and that I'm doing this shit. I need to talk about this shit to

> a therapist, not people on a moped forum.

You're at the right track....now get on the train and get help

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> I need to talk about this shit to

> a therapist, not people on a moped forum.

As someone who has helped people very close to me to navigate severe depression, anxiety, and other mental health hurdles, I can profoundly say that while these threads give you a short-term feeling of aid, NOTHING will change unless you actually see a therapist and start changing your life.

I understand you dislike the area, but locale is not everything, and if 2020 showed us anything, it's that communities can be built, fostered, and grow without ever seeing them IRL.

You can do tele-health therapist/psychiatrist meetings for a small fee that is usually covered by insurance. Stop relying on well-meaning, but under-qualified community members to provide what a health professional was trained to do.

You know you need help. You just said it. So stop bullshitting and do it. No one can continue to play pity party to someone who knows the solution, yet won't actuate on it.

^^this

And maybe if I had my shit together there might have been no problems between me and the community. When I got into this people realized I wasn't some internet troll but some kid with some social problems and a lot of people helped out a lot and got me into this. When people constantly have to do things for you, you don't have it together, and you cause problems people eventually get sick of it. That's what caused the problems. I took too much, and did too little, and I had 12 years to fix everything. My drinking didn't help either with all the stupid shit I've said and done on peoples profiles that get through the community.

Now, I'm going to say to there are some major pieces of shit in the community that has used my problems against me and caused problems for who knows what reason and those people can go fuck themselves for all I care.

Giuseppe Zappa /

Join the military, do multiple combat tours, experience true emotions.....then you will really see what is important in life and how much the rest is just bullshit that means very little.

-G

That sounds awful.

Or have a good job, home owner and happy. Meet a women, leave job to try something else, realize she's he wrong women, hate your new job and say "Screw this!". Leave wrong women, sell house and go back to old job. Start all over again. Not combat on a physical level but combat on an emotional level. Both are horrible to experience. And stay off of social media. FB and all those other sites are for little kids.

"And stay off social media. FB and all those other sites are for little kids." This just can not be stressed enough, the "worlds" there are fake, made up of others who can't deal with their real lives so they go on there trying to "prove" they matter, seeking the attention they can't earn in the real world because it's "easy" you can just make up whatever. Like high school for adults, it's pathetic. "look at me". Being an adult is giving ZERO fucks what other people think because you are doing what makes YOU happy, NOT pandering to what others think you should do. Social media is a cancer on society. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid.

daan SJAARLOOS /

Sounds like you kinda hit rock bottom. That sucks but I think you can make this into a positive.

There is some real opportunity here. Think about it. You are still pretty young, you say you are isolated so there's no people to take into account when you make decisions. No girlfriends, children etc. You don't like the place you live. You have no job/career keeping you there.

PERFECT

Now is the time to do something fun.

Blindfold yourself and pick a spot on the map.

Hitchike there. Who nows who you'll meet

Find a random job, like Mc Donald's or farm work or something else that is easy to get. Who nows where this will take you.

Get a cheap place to stay, camp out, sleep under a bridge for all I care. Try to live very cheap. Be creative

Work until you can afford a moped that is in decent working order and have some money to burn. Quit your job.

RIDE IT. just in random directions till you bump into something. Maybe this will be a job, a place, a friend, a girlfriend you now something. Then start from there.

Now you have gained some life experience, and you found a place to start over. Clean sheet and stuff.

To me this sounds a whole lot better then hating yourself and posting on MA.

GO DO IT

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

^ Your advice sounds intriguing, but if the OP is suffering from chronic depression or mental illness, nothing will help him until he gets proper medical attention. My advice is to go to the nearest hospital with a mental health unit and get checked into either an inpatient or outpatient program. I think until you get a grip on your mental health situation, you’re gonna be stuck in the same hamster wheel. Good luck! (edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Sometimes coping skills and behavior modification works best.

The meds for depression are iffy at best. They don't work the same for everyone.

A lot they are abused or mixed with alcohol making them worse than useless.

^ Yep....

Not much else I really have to say, other than that depression, drinking, aspergers, and social isolation has cause me a lot of problems. I feel like I'll eventually get out of it. Daan's idea was something I have been already thinking about.

Whatever your "syndromes" are each and every one is exacerbated by alcohol, stop that, and while mental health issues may not be "cured" they will improve. If you choose to go on the road to find yourself or whatever, you CAN NOT drink like you can if you have an address, you WILL fuck up, you WILL lose your dl/your vehicle, and your freedom. If you got to get fucked up, have a bit of weed, less penalties, less stupid behavior when used. Ask me how I know, if you intend to be a drinker you need a place to lock yourself in to avoid those who do not approve, and the police. You get mouthy when you drink, so you also need to stay away from people, as you could end up with an ass kicking. If you intend to continue to drink you need a safe place in your name to do it. Think your next moves through slowly, thoroughly and carefully, I like Dan's advice too, but you have to be sober for it to work, and not make your life worse, and yeah, it CAN get worse. If your disability assistance allows you to work even limited hrs get a job in a restaurant, they always need people, and you will never go hungry. Challenge yourself to stay sober for a month, that's what I did, don't lie to yourself and say you will never take another drink, that just compels your reasons for drinking to assert themselves and make you start. They are not going to stop making booze it will always be there, but once you feel better you may be able to add one day to the month, and another and another...one day at a time. I can't do AA, in spite of being court ordered multiple times, it made me want to drink MORE, but that's me, it works wonders for many people, it's free, give it a try if you have not. Sometimes there are doughnuts... :) If it's not for you, you have not lost anything. You have been given a chance in life by being granted this disability settlement, don't piss it away, THINK hard about what each and every dollar can do for you and make the most of every cent. Also, remember this, nobody and I mean NOBODY likes a whiner, toughen up, don't complain, there are people out there far worse off than you! I had to have this beaten into my head too, but once I did my life was far better. You have already wasted the best yrs of your life by 30, don't waste the 2nd best.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

AA NA work for some but you have to want to quit.

Drinking and drugs are just bad excuses for irresponsible and self destructive behavior.

Being alone is a blessing you just haven't discovered yet.

Off the top of my head I can think of 10 ppl who would give their eye teeth to be alone 6 hrs.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account