Re: I have a serious question for the moped community.

Just too much stupid shit, makes me just want to hang it up and move on. I just love this shit too much, 13 years is hard to walk away from. I think just due to shitty people, people just got the wrong idea about me. I'm not about gatekeeping, esp when I was there before a lot of the gangs now even fucking existed. I got into this around '07. It's like people from here watching what I do on the internet, I'm not doing anything wrong, it's all about malicious intent and having something to hold against and push me away for. My question is why? Yeah, I fucked up a couple of times, but those things should have been forgotten in time, and people should have stayed out of my shit when it had nothing to do with them. It's about being made into being this social pariah in the community and not understanding why because there's nothing I've done wrong, and the things years and years ago still being held against me like they're new.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Welome to the cold crewl world of moped logo kids...

Been here since the Targa was newish. They treat everyone like that. Lighten up butter cup. I don't hate you a lot of peeps prolly don't hate you.

I grew up fast. I was 5' 11" 285 in 5th grade. I was poor in Catholic school for 12 years. I was a target both at school and being the youngest son of 4 I was hunted most my life.

How is it that you don't make A thicker skin? I mean didn't you ever learn to deal with bullies? If there is no reaction on your part it's no fun for a bully. Work on you. Till you are happy then those around you will mirror that happiness if we ever meet I Will have to drink you under the table loser does a parking lot lap in a tutu and a gorilla mask. So if there are pics no one can prove who it was.

Aikido is one hell of an art...

I just get whiny a lot, more so when I'm bored which eventually evolves into depression. I don't think everyone has a problem or hates me, but there is people who have tried to push me away from this for whatever reason. I think that there's been people who have been given the wrong idea about me. I love mopeds, but over the last 2 years and covid not helping it's been a bitch trying to get something running again.

I totally will ride around any parking lot in a tutu and gorilla mask. anytime. lets skip right to that part

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I totally will ride around any parking lot in a tutu and gorilla mask.

> anytime. lets skip right to that part

B5C2D34F-7FA6-4DC8-A3D1-103BF379476B.jpeg

. (edited)

Depressions a motherfucker, when there's no one around, no one to be around, no one to talk to, nowhere to go, nothing to do, that shit gets to you. I'm completely isolated and it sucks, that's why I've been so bad off lately. Crazy I've been here for two years, hasn't even felt like that, but the anxiety and hating where I am is getting to me too. Plus, my moped isn't running, and there's no one around here that's into them,so there's not having anyone around with a common interest too.

therapy helps for real, it's hard to start but helps for real

Yeah, done it. Isolation is one of my biggest problems and it contributes to my depression, it's a shitty feeling when I want more and better but I'm stuck somewhere that's not offering anything to me. I never wanted to come here, I mean look at Washington,NC on google maps, it's just a spec with nothing around it. Richmond turned out shitty in so many ways, and the other shit with mopeds there aside. So I'm dealing with having no idea where the fuck I want to go and be either, I just know I want to get out of here. I do realize I'm in my 30's now, and I have missed out on a lot, and finding friends etc might be a bit harder, but I'll continue missing out if I don't get out of here. (edited)

My suggestion, look into volunteering. it's a good way to get active, meet people, do good, and feel better about yourself. the getting motivated to do it (or anything) can be a pretty huge hurdle but once you get into it, or like involved in a makerspace or cleanup or outreach etc it is pretty rewarding. I like fixing stuff, I fixed bicycles for people. I used to help a literacy program teaching folks to read, and big brother, I've done habitat builds and volunteered with community builder spaces, maybe that doesnt all exist near you but i guarantee there are some opportunities and you can also make your own, start a thing.

stuff like habitat or salvation can get a little preachy but still good

anyway, think about it. it can help too

^ This is good advice, but you NEED to get a job, however meinal or shitty, to move or fix up your bike or improve yourself/situation in any meaningful way requires MONEY!!!

He really needs to address his depression before he does anything.

That's the main issue about everything. I just wish I could get out of it, and at one time I truly felt I was. I just hate mopeds not being a social outlet for me anymore, and that really, really, bothers me. I can't let go of 13 years, I know things would have turned out better if I had my shit together. I'd give anything to be riding and hanging out with people tonight, but I'm alone. It makes me feel worse, and there is legit heartache over it. I've been told by people that things may change, but at this point after all of this time, is it worth it? I want it to be.

Even my old therapist when I was talking to him told me to continue with it because he said that he sees that I have a lot of love for this. Told me to admit my wrongs, to admit that the problems within the community have been directly tied to me not having my shit together. He told me to try again, and I've had family tell me the same. I want to, but the nights I'm alone, and drinking I can't help but think about the times I did have that. (edited)

Nothing like a summer night, those shitty 2t engines and the smell of two-stroke, just brings back memories I can't let go of.

Then either seek medical help for your depression if it's that debilitating, (it can be) or get out and work so you can make something of yourself, that will help a lot and give you more choices, you can build your bike, you can save up and move, whatever you want, but you have to take some initiative, the world will not come to you. It's busy! There has to be somewhere you can work? If you don't do one of the above you will remain as you are, and you are clearly not happy as things are. You only have so many "working years" in your life and if you waste them you will be in a real jam when you are older, only one thing worse than being broke, and that's being broke and old. I wasted a LOT of my productive years being a partying mess, not saving/planning ahead etc, and I would give anything to have those yrs back, but you can NEVER have them back, I caught it in time, but I will never retire well off, prob work until I die to supplement ss and whatever I can jam into a 401k between a few yrs ago and then, I may have to live out my "golden years" in an RV out west where it is always warm so as to not have to pay rent somewhere, not that that is all bad, I'm not at all a materialistic person and can really stretch a dollar, but I sure could have done better had I applied myself more when younger, don't be me, fix yourself, sooner than later, address mental health issues, drug and alcohol use, get a clear head and put your nose to the stone, you think you don't have energy now? Add 20 yrs to your age, you will not feel as well, have the same stamina etc...and work will suck way more than it will at 30...I still do 10 hrs days so I can either have a 3 day weekend, or suck up some overtime on Friday's, I used to do all that and party like a rock star daily, and never got tired, now just working 40 hrs a week and I'm sober and it whips my ass. But I "have" to or I'm going to be really fucked later in life. I have a plan, you need one too, mine will not be perfect for you anymore than the next guy's would work for me, YOU have to make decisions, YOU have to decide where you want to be...I don't know how to be anymore clear...the 13 yrs will not go away, but people grow and change, you need to as well. Life is not a great big party unless you have a trust fund. I get depression, mine is not as bad as yours may be, but if it IS that bad GET HELP. It exists. If you think you would be miserable at a job what's the difference, you are miserable now, but at least you would get some money and have health insurance to help with any treatment you may need, but you have to ENGAGE with the world to get any help. If you were not taught how to live for whatever reason there are life skills classes out there, take one! Learn, change, just DO SOMETHING! Inertia will get you nowhere. I read something about depression somewhere, when you just feel like laying in bed all day,(been there, done that) you don't piss on yourself do you? No, you get up and use the bathroom, if you can do that, you CAN go outside and walk around the block, seems like nothing, but it's a start. Every journey starts with a single step. Take it, or your situation will NEVER change. If you are not working, you are living off someone, at some point they will move on in their lives and want you out, what then? Skid row, and from there, WAY harder to move forward, much more likely death or prison. Think about it man, you can save yourself.

"I want something more, and better, but I'm stuck somewhere that's not offering me anything." read this carefully, do you not see the fucked up logic here? You are where you are because of choices YOU made, where do you dare get off thinking the world owes you ANYTHING at all? You have to put into the world to get anything back, as I said earlier, that is life 101, if you were not taught this your parents get an F-! Were you raised by wolves or worse the internet? People have come from far worse and done far better, but they worked life, did not sit around and wait for it....(the world offering me something) god man...WTF?!? To participate in any activity, you first have to have a "life' of your own, not be constantly sponging off the hard work of others, living at their pleasure, and because they feel bad for you and are hoping by giving you a break you will use the "free life" to get your own in order. If it takes you 5 yrs working shit jobs and busting your ass to get your own place, the rides will still be there, and you can afford what you want on your own, you can grab a hotel rm at a rally if that's what you are into, but you have to do the work to create a life for yourself, in order to be a functioning part of ANY group. How have you possibly lived this long and not been aware of this? Maybe you need in-patient treatment? If so turn yourself in and ask for it...'cuz your mindset will not do you any favors. I have tried to piss you off enough to change, (someone ragging on me like I have done to you is what did it for me) tried being nice to you, offering suggestions, explaining real life to you, so have many others, but until YOU decide to change, the "world" is not going to "offer" you a goddamn thing. Why should it? You are owed NOTHING because you were born, you are fortunate beyond words for the accident of geography of where you were born, the United States, people lose their lives trying to get here for a CHANCE to work at Target or McDonalds, and pull themselves up from crushing poverty, if they can do it, you sure can, you know the language, have valid id, a ss# (I assume) you are miles ahead, yet have not the motivation of those far less well off than you. Quit waiting for the world, it has no idea you exist, because you have not told it you do! Jump in, the water's fine. People will help you once you try, but not while you whine on someone else's couch!

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> That's the main issue about everything. I just wish I could get out of

> it, and at one time I truly felt I was. I just hate mopeds not being a

> social outlet for me anymore, and that really, really, bothers me. I

> can't let go of 13 years, I know things would have turned out better if

> I had my shit together. I'd give anything to be riding and hanging out

> with people tonight, but I'm alone. It makes me feel worse, and there is

> legit heartache over it. I've been told by people that things may

> change, but at this point after all of this time, is it worth it? I want

> it to be.

>

> Even my old therapist when I was talking to him told me to continue with

> it because he said that he sees that I have a lot of love for this. Told

> me to admit my wrongs, to admit that the problems within the community

> have been directly tied to me not having my shit together. He told me to

> try again, and I've had family tell me the same. I want to, but the

> nights I'm alone, and drinking I can't help but think about the times I

> did have that.

You CAN have it again, BUT you have to create a life for yourself FIRST. You are alone for a REASON.

Find a job you like. I recently quit my job for a more low stress job. I have never realy been a customer service person but my new job as a maintenance man at a very nice retirement community forces me to. I have come to realy enjoy helping these people out and it can be frustrating at times but most of the time I realy enjoy helping the people out as they rely on me and realy appreciate my help. It's funny how little things can help take you out of a rut. I was at the point of quitting and hating to go to work every day. I couldn't wait to get home and start pounding beers to forget about the day. I still come home and drink some beers but just to unwind and relax. I feel good about going to work even though I am making less money than I have in a long time but the more money you make the more you spend and it won't bring you happiness.

Do drugs, shag hookers and play with fireworks.

^ or, there is that, but you still need money.....

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Run with scissors, watch the paint dry, smoke some corn silk and banana peels...

Seriously look into aikido. I think it would help you a lot.

It helps focus. It aids with empathy. It will center you.

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> Run with scissors, watch the paint dry, smoke some corn silk and banana

> peels...

>

> Seriously look into aikido. I think it would help you a lot.

>

> It helps focus. It aids with empathy. It will center you.

I had the anarchist cook book as a kid and followed the banana peel recipe and all o ever got was a head ache, haha

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Mellow yellow....

Porky pig...he certainly knows a lot about my family but my sister works for a butcher and smokes ham...

Only the first pressing is any good all others were modified by the powers that be...

I synthesized mescilyne, and other things...

It was a curse I sold the book 20 years ago.

> Satan 666 Wrote:

> Find a job you like. I recently quit my job for a more low stress job. I

> have never realy been a customer service person but my new job as a

> maintenance man at a very nice retirement community forces me to. I have

> come to realy enjoy helping these people out and it can be frustrating

> at times but most of the time I realy enjoy helping the people out as

> they rely on me and realy appreciate my help. It's funny how little

> things can help take you out of a rut. I was at the point of quitting

> and hating to go to work every day. I couldn't wait to get home and

> start pounding beers to forget about the day. I still come home and

> drink some beers but just to unwind and relax. I feel good about going

> to work even though I am making less money than I have in a long time

> but the more money you make the more you spend and it won't bring you

> happiness.

Yeah, I'm apparently getting on disability(looks like it might happen by the middle or end of this month)and the job hunt still has got me nowhere. Not even staffing companies etc.

^ man the economy must be really shitty where you are? EVERYWHERE here has a help wanted sign out, the staffing company's are screaming for help! Once you get some money together move north, all the work you can handle.

Yeah, it is. I've had a harder time finding a job here than anywhere else I've been.

Not to rub salt in a wound, but getting hired has more to do with people skills than job openings.

Open listings are a legal hoop for employers. Most of the time, you need to know somebody and get a good inside reference.

Pretty much every job I have had was because I knew someone and had the job before I interviewed. Couple jobs, there wasn’t even an opening, just the person I knew did me a solid and got a spot made for me.

Joining the Air Force was the only real wild card job I got. Not kidding, I actually had almost disqualifying high blood pressure the day-of because how nervous I was.

Build your social network. If your friends won’t hire you, you really gotta work on yourself somewhere. Ask people hard questions. Like: “Why would you not want me as an employee?” And then be prepared to accept constructive replies and work on that too.

I can get along with almost everyone. I hate working with people that:

- are lazy/entitled

- complain too much

- bullshit too much (about important things)

- lie

- throw others under the bus

- bad breath or body odor

- religious or political

If you’re doing any if those things... stahp.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Learn to drive a tractor trailer.

Lots of drivers needed...

I guess I'm just going to wait and see what happens with a disability, while still looking for jobs in case it doesn't work out. They're making it seem like it is. Apparently I'll be getting some money from the times spent, and the monthly payments. That'll put me around $8,000 to do something with. I know it's not a lot but it seems like enough to get a decent vehicle and find a place, or room to rent. Where is the problem, I tossed around the idea of returning to Richmond, but with everything that happened, plus with my old roommate that had gone and ran her mouth to any and everyone there, I just don't think it's best. Too many bad memories and bad blood that's there, sucks because it was all over stupid shit. Oh well.

There is life after Richmond.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account