Keto Diet

I work with a dude that lost 30 pounds doing nothing more than eliminating carbs and walking more than normal (weekend hikes).

I have been doing it for 8 days, because: why not.

Not kidding, I am down from 205 to 197.

I already knew that I could lose weight freakishly fast. I just burn a lot of calories.

When the annual PT test comes around, I usually go on a very restricted diet. Basically starve myself back down to fightin weight.

No so with this crap. I am making some of the most awesome stuff. Resembling all the toppings of a cheesy supreme pizza w/o the crust and olive oil all over it.

I feel amazing. I am warm inside on cold rides to work in the morning. Where I used to wake up feeling cold, tired, sour stomach I now wake up and feel amazing.

Anyone else try this? Because, if you got fat during covid and need to lose weight, I can personally say this is an easy option with more benefits than just slimming down.

Re: Keto Diet

42lb in my case, the only diet that doesn't seem like a punishment and one that's sustainable. It's really just a mindset adjustment and you can have some carbs like vegetables just no refined carbs as in pasta and bread etc. One weird side effect I had was that I always suffered with muscle cramp, since being on keto I never get cramp. Lettuce taco ftw

Pretty much every diet will work because you pay attention to what you eat and a little extra exercise is always a good idea.

Jesse Nordlander /

My wife has been forced into it since before it was officially named, at least 10 years. Back when gluten free bread doubly served as a coaster, or a frisbie. Celiac, along with other shenanigans. Best choice ever! Incredibly, it's possible to very nearly imitate "normal", without the guilt.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Pretty much every diet will work because you pay attention to what you

> eat and a little extra exercise is always a good idea.

A change in eating habits is life long, "diets" are temporary to achieve a goal.

My work friend says that it isn’t recommended to stay on this diet permanently.

Don’t really know what the problem would be.

My point in sharing was that it isn’t just some silly fad word to throw around. Which is what I thought at first.

I’ll follow up with how it goes the next few weeks.

Guy told me to not go over 50 grams of carbs a day. Beer is like 5. So I save em up for the evening and have a few. Probably not the right way to do that, buuuut...

I am familiar with the "Adkins" diet. I watched it transform a former employer with some negative attributes. I wasn't impressed.

3 years deep. Changed my life. 37 and had zero energy. Now 40 and feel like I’m in my 20s again.

You will lose 5-10 right away because of water retention. Then like 2-3 after that.

Don’t worry if you don’t lose a weight in a week your body is still doing it’s thing. Think how big 5 lbs is!

I kinda carb cycle now, well just Saturday. But is had become part of my life style now. I’ll eat real carbs like potato’s and stuff on Saturday. Just no bread. If I eat a burger with a bun now I feel immediately tired AF.

Long haul I eat vegetables with low carbs mainly greens.

I was 245 I was down to 185 before this pandemic i am like 190-195 right now. I am sure because I started drinking light beer again Natty Light is decently low carb. My go to.

People we like you lost so much weight and not have gained it back do some research and I highly recommend it. My neighbor did it and lost 50 pounds. He still has it off 2 1/2 years later too. (edited)

I wear a belt. When I feel the need to adjust my belt I adjust my eating habits.

I’m fortunate in that I can eat anything I want, in any quantity I want, and not have to worry about weight at all.

I didn't do the keto but just basically low carbs and no sugar. Lost 50 lbs. I have gained about 10 back but feel alot better. I am back to eating more junk but gonna get back to actually paying attention to the food labels again. It's super expensive to eat healthy. Sad

It is unfortunately....hence the reason so many Americans are obese. When I was trying to drop weight is was mainly meats and green vegetables but I now mix in some veggies that have more carbs. I still steer clean of carb heavy veggies but once a week. Usually Saturday when we go out to eat with friends or get take out with friends.

Frozen vegetables are actually a killer option. You can get a lot for cheep and they are frozen at peak freshness broccoli and cauliflower are awesome in a foil pack on the grill with in a foil pack with salt, pepper and a good butter. My new favorite side is roasted green beans in the oven with salt, pepper and olive oil.

Alfredo chicken with spaghetti squash is awesome. Cook chicken on the grill. Make an Alfredo in a pan with cream, mozzarella or a Parmesan asiago mix and butter. Fresh garlic is awesome but I have an intolerance to it and get sick as fuck after so I can’t use it. I just put the powered stuff on my wife’s portion. Best method I found for spaghetti squash is to poke a bunch of holes in it. 12-14 mins in the microwave. Let it rest 2-5 Clean it by getting seeds out and pull it with a fork. Then throw is in the pan and cook it 3-5 more minutes to get the moisture off the noodles. Plate it and put the chicken Alfredo sauce over the top. It is so dam good.

Idk it is all I know now and won’t go back to making meals that are carb heavy probably ever.

You’re an inspiration to me.

The guy that I mentioned, that introduced me to this, isn’t much of a cook.

He eats a lot of eggs, sausage and cheese.

My favorite thing so far is using riced cauliflower, mixed frozen veggies, meat, lots of cheeses and seasonings. Bake it in the oven until the cheese is crispy.

No kidding, I eat until I’m full. No suffering involved.

It will be an adjustment to get a permanent menu made up for this, but already it seems like a very clear choice to never go back to a carb and sugar heavy diet.

Maybe even throw some plant based nonsense into the mix and see how it performs.

Funny how we all split hairs about fuel and two stroke oil, but put all sorts of nasty shit in our bodies.

I like the tofu noodles that come in a bag full of water. Very good a d dont even know you are eating tofu

16169667372483711823703460674439.jpg

Hummm those look interesting 🤔

Just stick with it man. It takes time but if you stick to it you won’t want to go back to your old ways.

punkrock randy /

Cutting back on slow burning carbs is fine. Eating meat and cheese all of the time is not. Maybe just watch some old Slim Goodbody videos, he knew what was up.💁🏼‍♂️

The meat and cheese is my keto training wheels. It is easy, satisfying, etc.

I have way more volume of healthy junk in the meals I have been making, but there is room for improvement.

This is all sorta moped related too. Fat people go slower. Maybe I should have posted this thread in the Performance Forum?

I bet modding my body is gonna be cheaper and net better take-off than modding my clutch. And, if I do both... 🤯

The meat and cheese is my keto training wheels. It is easy, satisfying, etc.

This is the perfect mindset to have to be successful on this diet. I still have Organic cheese and pepperoni for breakfast almost every week day. Blood work and Blood pressure have been great since I started this diet.

My neighbors doctor removed him from his blood pressure meds and he is off sleeping with a CPAP...... it is a change in mindset on what is good and bad for you.

so allegedly if you are in ketosis somehow your body won't absorb all the cholesterol, but from what I've read it sounds like pretty soft science that doesn't have broad consensus. So if you're going to do the meat and cheese diet, I would suggest you regularly check your cholesterol and blood pressure levels

Dirty30 Dillon /

Send me all your bread and noodles, thnx.

There’s 4 people in my house not participating.

My kids eat almost nothing but carbs.

But, if Nyone is hard up for cash, I will amazon some noodles your way. PM me

What's your opinion on American "bread" after living in Germany for a while papa?

punkrock randy /

America has good bread, just don’t expect it from the big chain grocers. But I do want to hear what delicious bread Germany has, one day I’ll make it there😴

German bread is amazing.

A person could be happy to eat nothing but bread here.

You can get good bread in America, but you’re gonna pay for it.

To paint a picture for the Americans:

Imagine walking into Panera or some nice bakery, but all the amazing rolls stuff were like 8¢ - 15¢

Funny thing, they make “American” style bread too. like hotdog and burger buns, even sliced bread. And that stuff is WAY better than anything in the states. I am gonna miss the “American” style German burger buns a lot.

I can't wait to get back to Germany so i can have fresh Mohnbrötchen every morning. In the Netherlands we do sliced bread a lot better, but German rolls/buns are out of this world.

I am amazed that even the "American style" bread is better than in the States, that stuff is practically inedible.

Jesse Nordlander /

White bread is the devil. Dave's killer bread ftw.

Also, U can make awesome pizza crust with spaghetti squash.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I didn't do the keto but just basically low carbs and no sugar.

Ive been doing basically the same thing for the past couple of months. Very little carbs and drastically reduced sugar. I started around 204 lbs and currently im down to 190. My family has high blood pressure issues and the biggest achievement for me is my blood pressure is now in the normal range! My brother who is built similar to me (about 2 years older) is on blood pressure meds and Im not and in normal range!

I also gave up all soda and the majority of sugary drinks 2 months ago. Went from 2-3 cans of Coke a day to just drinking water, some fat free milk, and the rare occasion of orange juice.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I didn't do the keto but just basically low carbs and no sugar.

>

> Ive been doing basically the same thing for the past couple of months.

> Very little carbs and drastically reduced sugar. I started around 204

> lbs and currently im down to 190. My family has high blood pressure

> issues and the biggest achievement for me is my blood pressure is now in

> the normal range! My brother who is built similar to me (about 2 years

> older) is on blood pressure meds and Im not and in normal range!

>

> I also gave up all soda and the majority of sugary drinks 2 months ago.

> Went from 2-3 cans of Coke a day to just drinking water, some fat free

> milk, and the rare occasion of orange juice.

Yeah I did the same with soda. I now drink a ton of seltzer water.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I've tried seltzer, zevia, and all kinds of other drinks and just haven't found anything yet that's a good substitute. But I'm determined to write off soda for good. I just got to the point where I realized to continue eating the way I was would probably put my in my grave in my 40's. It's do or die time!

Also, you guys try Palmini noodles yet? It's pretty good in pastas. I'm also loving califlower rice and spaghetti squash.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account