Re: Traffic safety

Johnny Braaapp /

You guys have absolutely no life.

every single off topic thread it’s the same 3 or 4 people typing away. WOW.... you guys should exchange phone numbers and just start a group text. 🤡🤡🤡

Re: Traffic safety

Bas maybe "profilng" would be appropriate for your comment instead of racist....there is a difference

Re: Traffic safety

Inappropriate-Ads12.jpg.optimal.jpg

Re: Traffic safety

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> “ And the facts: US road fatalities per 1 million inhabitants; 111,4

> (2018)

>

> Dutch road fatalities per 1 million inhabitants; 34 (2019)”

>

> Another fine apples to oranges comparison.

>

> USA has almost 900 cars per thousand people and Dutch land has a bit

> t over 1/2 that amount per 1,000 people so way more people per thousand

> in the USA use private vehicles unlike using public transportation or

> bicycles that euro people are forced to do.

I really love the shallow dive on this info to try and point the blame at Bas' statistics.

Ken's argument: "Well we have twice the cars per person on the road!"

Counterpoint: "So why does the US have three times the fatalities?"

If It's just a numbers game, then we're still behind.

The majority of US drivers do not view it as a responsibility, rather an owned convenience. Driving is their right and people who interfere are the problem. NYC is lousy with this ethic.

Re: Traffic safety

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> "LOOKING FOR A REASON"

If you look at people that don't look the same as you and assume they aren't native to our melting pot of a country and use that totally irrelevant assumption in a discussion on people that can't drive, that's racist.

I have friends who are ethnically Indian that have families that predate mine in this country. Even though I'm ethnically eastern european (caucasian) and Ken certainly wouldn't call me a foreigner if he saw me driving and would assume said friend is a foreigner. Do you get it now?

Re: Traffic safety

Nope....racist has no place in ssying someone is foreign...

Re: Traffic safety

> Nick MBC Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Pops Peds Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > "LOOKING FOR A REASON"

>

> If you look at people that don't look the same as you and assume they

> aren't native to our melting pot of a country and use that totally

> irrelevant assumption in a discussion on people that can't drive, that's

> racist.

>

> I have friends who are ethnically Indian that have families that predate

> mine in this country. Even though I'm ethnically eastern european

> (caucasian) and Ken certainly wouldn't call me a foreigner if he saw me

> driving and would assume said friend is a foreigner. Do you get it now?

I agree. Its the context in which the word is used. How does one ascertain that another is a "foreigner" without asking or having a conversation with them?? Example: Look at their skin and the way they dress, they must be from another country, therefore they aren't smart enough nor have the skills to drive safely. (edited)

Re: Traffic safety

My point was not to roast Ken. My point is that we all need to be mindful of our actions and thoughts along with how they can be perceived, otherwise we've become complacent while refusing to evolve our mind and spirit (edited)

Re: Traffic safety

My comment on this was that too much time spent trying to make something said or done to be racist...i say if anything it would be profiling not racism....

Re: Traffic safety

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> My comment on this was that too much time spent trying to make something

> said or done to be racist...i say if anything it would be profiling not

> racism....

Do tell me how you profile someone on the road while each is in their own vehicle going opposite directions? Profiling by skin color or the way someone dresses is racism.

Profiling is the recording and analysis of a person's psychological and behavioral characteristics, so as to assess or predict their capabilities in a certain sphere or to assist in identifying a particular subgroup of people.

Re: Traffic safety

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Nope....racist has no place in ssying someone is foreign...

Looking at someone's skin and assuming they are foreign when there are thousands of darker skinned people more American than you is racist you silly goose

Re: Traffic safety

It alllll goes back toooooo>>>LOOKING FOR A REASON...i totally.agree it should not be judged that way but everything is not racism (edited)

Re: Traffic safety

Bas Autowas /

Did anyone say "Everything is racism" Slops? No, not everything is racist, but profiling drivers based purely on their skin color is.

But back to infrastructure;

This guy explains why the Netherlands became a cycling country, we did not accept the death tolls that are inherent to a car centric society.

There is a huge strip of buildings missing in our historic city center because they were planning to build a highway right through it in the 60's. Luckily this car centric madness stopped in the 70's and a part of our city center is still intact.

Re: Traffic safety

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> My point is that we all need to be

> mindful of our actions and thoughts along with how they can be

> perceived, otherwise we've become complacent while refusing to evolve

> our mind and spirit

So pops, you dont believe in evolution and you are a bible thumper. Amirite?

Its obvious you're the one "looking for a reason" to NOT acknowledge racist behavior and thoughts. (edited)

Re: Traffic safety

You're no longer waxing, you're waning pops. No one expects you to improve yourself at this point in your life.

Re: Traffic safety

Quote from ken >>>A other problem lately is a influx of drivers and or new drivers from other countries

I don't see anything about skin color or actually the country...can anybody still point out where race came in....are there not white people in other countries??? ..

"STILL LOOKING FOR A REASON " TO MAKE IT RACIAL ..

Re: Traffic safety

Quite rom Bas>>>>> Did anyone say "Everything is racism" Slops? No, not everything is racist, but profiling drivers based purely on their skin color is

Point out where he mentioned skin color Bas ...so you decided to make it might be profiling now???? Stop eating the M&M's Bas ....you just had to bring up.racism but it didnt happen ...

Re: Traffic safety

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Quite rom Bas>>>>> Did anyone say "Everything is racism" Slops? No, not

> everything is racist, but profiling drivers based purely on their skin

> color is

>

> Point out where he mentioned skin color Bas ...so you decided to make it

> might be profiling now???? Stop eating the M&M's Bas ....you just had to

> bring up.racism but it didnt happen ...

Please explain how they could of been identified as "foreigners" beyond visual observation. How do you do that on the road on or in separate vehicles. Is there some kinda bumper sticker to identify them??? You suck!

Evolution will continue without you! (edited)

Re: Traffic safety

If they’re driving on the wrong side of the road, ima guess they’re foreigners or drunk. Or both.

Re: Traffic safety

He didn't say which way they were going..maybe he met them at the 7-11 and asked..the point is Bas wanted to point out racial.nothing Ken said was racial..show me in any way how and where he did... looking for a reason

Re: Traffic safety

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If they’re driving on the wrong side of the road, ima guess they’re

> foreigners or drunk. Or both.

Thats the best answer I've heard so far. (edited)

Re: Traffic safety

punkrock randy /

Actually Bas is trying to continue with what this thread is about Pops. Your brain is old and less able to comprehend new things. Assuming you know a bad driver is “foreign” by looking at them through a window is a shit way to come to that conclusion. But you come from a more simple and ignorant time in history, we understand. (edited)

Re: Traffic safety

As i said ......point out anything ken did or said that makes his point racial...should be very simpleif you can..if Bas is trying to.continue he should not have started that in the tbread...he is trying to chsnge tge subject because he can't prove he is right ..same with you (edited)

Re: Traffic safety

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> As i said ......point out anything ken did or said that makes his point

> racial...should be very simpleif you can

Anything you say is dog shit.

Re: Traffic safety

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Pops Peds Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > As i said ......point out anything ken did or said that makes his

> point

>

> > racial...should be very simpleif you can

>

> Anything you say is dog shit.

Still can't stand to lose can you

Re: Traffic safety

punkrock randy /

And mostly unintelligible.

Re: Traffic safety

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> And mostly unintelligible.

I think this must be a racist comment because i am not light skinned as you are..also you seem to make fun of the fact i am handtcapped and didn't have the advantage of a decent education like you did..so what does that make you ???? (edited)

Re: Traffic safety

punkrock randy /

An asshole maybe, and I’m fine with that. Keep perpetuating racist bullshit, we expect it from u.

Re: Traffic safety

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > punkrock randy Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > And mostly unintelligible.

>

> I think this must be a racist comment because i am not light skinned as

> you are..also you seem to make fun of the fact i am handtcapped and

> didn't have the advantage of a decent education like you did..so what

> does that make you ????

Pops you're a self proclaimed Vietnam vet and grew up in this era...

81-Offensive-Ads-From-The-Past-46.jpg.optimal.jpg

Re: Traffic safety

I am just tired of the racist card that gets thrown out on so much things happening these days...nothing will ever be accomplished with teaching kids the way tbey are and taught to tbrow the card if you get in trouble...teach them the world owes them nothing because of color ...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account