What matters? METAL matters, why? Because it's hard. loud and because it is not PC at all, YAY! PC sucks. Some like country some like Rap, Rap annoys me, but I can see why some like it, it's loud and angry too, fair enough, But I tell you what, play some Slayer, some Metalica, some Sepultura, and or Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and I'm in heaven! Why? Because it's pure energy, not the same ol same ol. Rock rules!

That is all.

Re: New topic

^

85F07BC4-24C9-45D6-9FD4-69E3F353BC06.png

In recent months ive been listening to old black sabbath and dio on a daily basis. Most of the sabbath (with Ozzy) ive not listened to since the early 90's. I find it interesting that by todays standards that I would not consider early black sabbath heavy metal. I guess that would be because of the influences from blues, rock and classical music that can be heard in sabbaths early work. However, Sabbaths influence was without doubt the beginning of what's known today as heavy metal.

For this I love Pandora. Play a sabbath song or album and it will play more sabbath or bands with a similar sound. Next thing you know you're looking up details on the internet about who, what and when pertaining to Sabbath or any other band. Never Say Die was one of Sabbaths worst albums yet I find myself listening to it almost daily. I'm attracted to the more obscure and under rated albums and tracks. Everyone's heard "Iron man" or "warpigs", but few can recall "juniors eyes", "hard road" or "over to you". (edited)

Sometimes I hate pandora for that reason. Listen to Clutch? Here's a Tool song for ya. Or how 'bout a nine inch nails? Oh, you thumbs downed every tool and nin song so far? Don't worry, we have a few hundred more...

Pandora: oh, I noticed you're listening to DeVo. That's 80's, right? I bet you'll love this 80's classic, "take on me," by Aha.

I got dealt dirty by pandora a lot as well.

I like 90’s alternative rock. Pandora did okay with making a playlist. But it solidly ignored all my 👎🏻 to Green Day. I hate Green Day.

BTW. I heard a new Green Day song on the radio Friday. I thought it sucked too. Why were they ever famous.

Anyways, what were we talking about? Oh yeah. Cake did a cover of War Pigs. I liked Black Sabbath and Ozzy and even thought they aren’t metal... Cake.

Sabbath is proto metal but i wouldn't say they started it all, they are solely responsible for stoner and doom metal though.

If you're whining about things being PC, you're probably a phobic racist.

Stephen Keller /

Ya never know do ya? :) No "safe space's" ! (edited)

punkrock randy /

🤘🏼🤘🏼

Today it's actually 365 days since I've last seen a show, it was Mondo Generator and Nick Oliveri smashed someone's face in with his bass, i miss live shows.

Metal just feels like assualt on my eardrums but I enjoy ac/dc nirvana etc.

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> In recent months ive been listening to old black sabbath and dio on a

> daily basis. Most of the sabbath (with Ozzy) ive not listened to since

> the early 90's. I find it interesting that by todays standards that I

> would not consider early black sabbath heavy metal. I guess that would

> be because of the influences from blues, rock and classical music that

> can be heard in sabbaths early work. However, Sabbaths influence was

> without doubt the beginning of what's known today as heavy metal.

>

> For this I love Pandora. Play a sabbath song or album and it will play

> more sabbath or bands with a similar sound. Next thing you know you're

> looking up details on the internet about who, what and when pertaining

> to Sabbath or any other band. Never Say Die was one of Sabbaths worst

> albums yet I find myself listening to it almost daily. I'm attracted to

> the more obscure and under rated albums and tracks. Everyone's heard

> "Iron man" or "warpigs", but few can recall "juniors eyes", "hard road"

> or "over to you".

Yea it is wild, i mean, i listen to a lotta metal especially sludge or stoner or doom metal and listening to early sabbath you can start to see where whole specific genres of metal spawned from just segments of their songs. the influence is huge

Metal does matter - I remember my first Metallica concert I had whiplash the next two days from banging my head - We were young and got lucky - Head banging to Ride the lightning my buddy got carried away and hit the lady in front of him with his fist - she must've been a tough girl and her boy was tough and confident - he just stared us down and my buddy apologized and all was well - we banged on

Love System though -

When we start to speak of War again and decide to kick China in the teeth..... we will fight the Heathens

punkrock randy /

Lol, i saw them back when he had a shit ton of hair. Before many ppl had heard of System of a down. They weren’t the headliner then, making me miss Bogarts in Cincinnasty.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Motorhead I think was total metal from the get go...

Harkins I would say is proto metal as zeppelin and even the Beatles with helterskelter could be considered proto metal.

Stephen Keller /

Love some Motorhead!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account