The word “ghetto” (11yr old video waking your asses up)

I got called “soft” on this forum for suggesting the word ghetto is not to be used. Here ya go MA, an 11 year old video which explains full stop why I am right. 11 fucking years old, don’t pretend I’m some misguided social justice warrior.

Re: The word “ghetto” (11yr old video waking your asses up)

Its not a word I would use out of respect for more than one race or class of people: According to the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), the word was first used in 1611 to describe a quarter in a city, chiefly in Italy, to which the Jews were restricted. Read the rest of the article here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/magazine-35296993

Everything evolves through change. Lets not forget that slavery was once considered acceptable.

Homie you gotta spend less time on facebook/the internet in general, 3 posts about this? And you say I'm scared of black people? The fuck are you talking about? That doesn't make any sense at all, why would I have lived with 3 black dudes in downtown baltimore, 63% of the city is black and 27% is white. Why would I continue to live in a neighborhood that has black people as the leading demographic in terms of growth. I have black family by marriage. You're sounding like some fox news reporter over here, shut the fuck up.

We say we grew up in the ghetto because that's just what we all called it and still call it. Growing up on food stamps, stabbings, meth labs, my friends dad that owned the corner gas station and sponsored our rec baseball team every year got killed on the corner during a gas station robbery, dudes running from the cops on ATVs, liquor store robberies, domestic disputes almost every fucking Friday or Saturday night, I grew up in the ghetto. I got free lunches at school, nobody in my district had to pay for my ACT's because my school district was so poor. In high school my friend's house was raided, his uncle had a meth lab in the basement. Dude posts bail and gets caught 2 weeks later cooking meth in an RV at the gas station down the street from his house. I don't know anyone who grew up in my area that would be offended by the word and demand you call it a "socieo-economic disadvantaged area", they'd probably think you were trying to act smart and get mad at you. Would you rather me call it the hood? Cause I do believe that could be considered disingenuous for me to use. (edited)

TLDR I’m actually busy. Searching the video took about 10 seconds, quit justifying yourself nobody cares

I know nobody cares, that's why I don't try to stir the pot online. I just like mopeds

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

> Mr. Duncan Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> TLDR I’m actually busy. Searching the video took about 10 seconds, quit

> justifying yourself nobody cares

You don't seem too "busy" come come here and start shit...?

I was actually working today, yeah. Funny how calling someone out for using an ignorant word is starting shit. I mean obviously I don’t like the mf, but really.. I don’t know how anyone could read all this justification for using a dumbass word and think “yea, that’s right! Use the word!” Gimme a break.

Would you confidently say it into the face of someone living in an area of hopelessness? Would you call their home a ghetto? If not then shut the fuck up, that’s what I’m sayin

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

js....

Screenshot_20210227-152458.png

I have lived, and worked, in “ghetto” areas.

Like others have said, referring to a high crime, poverty, no job areas as anything PC would probably be offensive.

It is very much one of those “we can say it, you can’t” kinda things.

I can call my sibling an idiot, but nobody else better pick on them.

I believe in PC talk. But, overly “PCing” things that don’t need it is insulting and tedious. And it is a difficult line to delineate. What words are acceptable descriptives and what is loaded with bias, prejudice, etc.

For an example: I may say that my wife’s car has a “blown engine”. Is that an unfair term? Lots of engines have been “blown”. Some threw rods, some busted a timing chain/belt, whatever.

Is Blown a blanket term that gets used loosely? Should someone get outraged by the inaccuracy? Or should it be seen as a generalization of a problem that needs attention; forgetting about the syntax and focusing on the illuminated issues?

I would never say it to hurt someone. If it becomes taboo, I will respect the convention. But we cannot work harder to police speach than we do at fixing the discrepancies in equality. That’s like offering prayers to a starving person when what they need is FOOD.

I hear you. When you hear from an old Jewish woman on a neighborhood Facebook group that it’s a word that SHOULDNT be used though, maybe you spread her message. That’s what I’m tryna do here, not represent for anyone else or be Pc police, but it’s because she got me to research it deeply and it’s a gross label that should be forgotten in time. I thought the video I originally posted gave modern context to it, even if it is 11 years old.

Y’all are too fucking fragile. Get over your damn pussified selves, and act like damned adults. Fuck!

🤣

My bad, didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

I don't think ghetto is that bad, I mean if it is it is right? Where I live I describe as fair to partly ghetto, as we have some bad shit going on here...but also lots of good, I could move, but it is affordable and it is NEVER dull.

Too much time is spent now days trying to figure out something said that can be claimed to be insulting or racial just like the word ghetto.Elvis made millions off the word and it was a song written by Mac Davis about a childhood friend...it wasn't meant to belittle his friend but just to bring up the fact of the way things can be different in areas....it is only getting more out of hand such as the big deal over the race horse being named "grape soda". I still wish it could be explained to me what part of that was racial but the guy lost everything over it... (edited)

punkrock randy /

> Seth B Wrote:

> Y’all are too fucking fragile. Get over your damn pussified selves, and

> act like damned adults. Fuck!

Actually pussys are tougher than balls. Internal vs external, much less chance of inguinal hernia due to abdominal wall being there. You really should start calling ppl balls.

It’s “pussies”. It doesn’t belong to the pussy.

Ohh man, never thought of that before. Much more durable.

^Lol... :D

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It is just a descriptive term every city has em ok I can call it the village or the Brooke...

But if I called it that you would not understand why the village needs to be fixed.

punkrock randy /

> Seth B Wrote:

> It’s “pussies”. It doesn’t belong to the pussy.

I didn’t write pussy’s. Apostrophe being the important part. Shows ownership.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> > Seth B Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Y’all are too fucking fragile. Get over your damn pussified selves,

> and

>

> > act like damned adults. Fuck!

>

> Actually pussys are tougher than balls. Internal vs external, much less

> chance of inguinal hernia due to abdominal wall being there. You really

> should start calling ppl balls.

This is true. Also, try stretching your dick or balls out as big around as a baby. (edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Wait I thought the apostrophe denoted an omitted letter I meaning a verb pussy is

Hot ? Cold. ECT...

Wow me a grammar cop and punctuation none the less.

I really need to get high mfn Kodak black came clean about stealling my moped....

I wonder if it was him that beat up and stabbed my puch or was he the one who took 3 and left them at the bottom of the hill cause they all leaked gas LOL...og my ass...

Yes, apostrophe denotes ownership. I assumed you just forgot, or omitted it in laziness. Because “pussys” is absolutely incorrect.

Either way... pussys or pussy’s is 😑 wrong

punkrock randy /

> Seth B Wrote:

> Yes, apostrophe denotes ownership. I assumed you just forgot, or omitted

> it in laziness. Because “pussys” is absolutely incorrect.

>

> Either way... pussys or pussy’s is 😑 wrong

You’re avoiding what i was saying with that. Your grade school mentality is what I’m poking at. I bet you still make fun of someone who might “throw like a girl “. And do you think “trucks are for boys”? Either way sir, u are as weak and vulnerable as a set of nuts.

Someday this will bite you.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> > Seth B Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Yes, apostrophe denotes ownership. I assumed you just forgot, or

> omitted

>

> > it in laziness. Because “pussys” is absolutely incorrect.

>

> >

>

> > Either way... pussys or pussy’s is 😑 wrong

>

> You’re avoiding what i was saying with that. Your grade school mentality

> is what I’m poking at. I bet you still make fun of someone who might

> “throw like a girl “. And do you think “trucks are for boys”? Either

> way sir, u are as weak and vulnerable as a set of nuts.

You see the level of awareness we’re dealing with here?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

What Nancy boi no sense of humor. Grab a hanky and stop throwin a kizzie over simple colorful language.

I ate fried chicken. watermelon. Drank Grape koolaid like collard greens blackeyed peas corn bread grits chittlens hooffers ...

Does that make me racist?

My next door neighbor bless her soul is the closest thing to family I have she's blind and 70 think the Oracle in the matrix...

I will change the tv to the right input @ 3 am if she calls me.ask her if she is offended by the colorful way I talk.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Words are words and just that.

Actions are truth.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account