What is brommers kiekn?

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Any Dutch wanna explain this? So it's slang for making out by asking the girl to go out and look at Zundapps with you?

Re: What is brommers kiekn?

It's something you say in the east of the Netherlands, which means "looking at mopeds" and you usually say it to someone at a party or at a bar if you want to go outside and kiss etc.

It probably stems from the 60's or 70's when everyone would ride their mopeds to bars, especially in rural areas like the east.

What a far cry from flirting the American in the 60s’, “nice boots, let’s fuck”

Sounds like slang for taking a piss.

Like, when in America, a guy might excuse himself by say: “I’m going to talk to a guy about a horse.”

That’s awesome that you have a moped idiom.

Any other sayings involving the mopeds?

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /
olav OP

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What a far cry from flirting the American in the 60s’, “nice boots,

> let’s fuck”

Uh well all Dutch seem to want to teach Americans their first phrase as "Neuken in de keuken" which isn't far off just specifies the kitchen and the pots and pans can be improvised boots I guess

Is that the etymology of nookie?

> Papa _ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Any other sayings involving the mopeds?

If a football player is accelerating quickly, the commentator will say "Hij is op de brommer" (he's on a moped), don't recall any more at the moment but i'm shure there are.

"Neuken in de keuken" is a sentence only uttered when you're trying to teach a foreigner some Dutch words.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account