Well....

As of the 22nd I don't have the "plague", my job sent us all to be tested, but on different days, no charge to us, so whatever, but is this legal for an employer to do, will my employer have access to my results? Not that I care, as if I did have it I would certainly stay home/get treated if needed, I see why they would want us tested as if someone was asymptomatic they should know to protect everyone else on the job, but the test is only valid for that day...? They do not do temp checks on us when we report to work but do do temp checks on vendors/drivers who show up, so why not us? The owner is paranoid about the virus, and we mask unless running a machine alone at at measured distances from others, and if another employee approaches, they stay at a distance until mask is applied to talk. Any meetings masks are mandatory, and the right amount of space is provided for everyone to sit. I think we are doing well, but I wonder about the privacy issues and the decisions of who gets tested and how often?

I'm so tired of this shit, but I do believe it is real and serious, but I don't understand the randomness of enforcement/testing. How can I be in Target, with people all around me, granted masked, (most of them) but not in a diner that has us all apart at least 6 feet? Often more? I feel we really dropped the ball by not having a national standard from day one of the arrival of the virus, I wonder how many lives that has cost? How may businesses failed that could have survived? I can understand the closing of bars, as alcohol causes loss of inhibition among other things and many go there with the express intention of getting close to someone, but what of a Perkins or a family restaurant, or just making places not serve alcohol and no bar seating except to eat at 6ft distance? So many variables, without a national standard, bound to cause strife, disobedience, a few bars here remain open in spite of being sued by the state...and people are coming from miles around to "live their lives" while I don't agree with this, I can see why they do it, why can't I go to a bar in MN when I can in WI? How are people expected to take this seriously/believe it when states don't all adhere to a single standard?

For myself, I'm grateful my results will allow me to have Christmas dinner with my family, for others I can see the confusion and being upset with our governments divided random responses to something that can affect us all.

Thoughts?

Re: Well....

I had this same feeling way back earlier in the year when I had to travel for training.

Masks had to be worn at the airport and on the plane. Unless you were eating or drinking coffee.

So, we all sat shoulder to shoulder in a tin can, with masks on, then all took them off to eat or drink 10 times.

I have three kids and a work environment that gets people in small spaces. Every year, I deal with a few sore throats, sniffly colds, sometimes 24 hour bug that I have to barf and shit out.

FWIW, since the masks, I can’t remember being sick. So, less stuff is getting passed around. A few generations of this and a “small pox blanket” will take us all out. Oh well.

I also feel bad for many business owners. If I owned a business, I would enforce the same mask and distance rules as everyone else gets away with and stay open. Let the courts sort it out. It might be a fight, but we need to fight for our rights nowadays. If airlines can seat people side by side and serve them food like that with no masks, why can’t a greasy spoon sit people 6’ apart and serve them?

If the government allows one business to stay open and not another, I am certain the court cases would be dismissed and the owner could sue for the hassle and win.

Not saying anyone should break the rules and spread covid. But if you can do the same safety measures, you should stay open.

It would be a lot to ask of people, but I also think it would help if we limited the number of contacts we make. So, like, social distance shouldn’t matter as much. But Social contacts should. I think it is way more dangerous for a person to mask up and go to 50 different locations, around hundreds of people, in a 2 week period than a person to “live their life” and go to the same 3 places and be close to the same 5 people.

Changes never happen if people don’t push. That’s how our system of government works. Present a good solution to your representatives.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Maybe the test is the plan...

Nano 5g critters...

punkrock randy /

They’ve already gotten to your brain Slew. You don’t make your own choices, fear and propaganda bullshit news do that for you. Tighten that foil cap, it’s tilting to one side.

punkrock randy /

And why weren’t you suspicious of 4G? Some pEOpLe so DuMb

slew’s kidding. or smoked his breakfast...

437CC214-662B-4EC3-B113-E40CB1E2867D.jpeg

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot /

A Target, a diner and an airplane are completely different environments, with completely different types of air supply/recirculation. Apples to oranges, not even close.

Stephen.....why didn't you just say Trump caused it all and be done with it....complaining because you are asked to submit to being tested ,complaining about not being able to rub shoulders with everybody and having to wear a mask....you need to get real ...do what you can do to keep your distances for you and others stop talking out of both sides of your mouth about we need social distance one time and complain about it the next.. wow. Mooo.mooooo ding ding (edited)

^ god you are a pita, never said trump caused it, but he did a shitty job acting like it was real and coming up with/enforcing a national response. I'm doing my part, masking etc, I don't really know if I was "forced" to get tested? That was part of my question, like what would have happened had I refused? I would not have of my own volition unless I felt I was symptomatic, as I don't really like the idea of being around a big group of people who think they may have it, that was the most people I have been around since this started. I also said I don't agree with the places that have opened, but I can see their point, I think they will end up losing their liquor license, and prob should. I made no mention of the chump, was just curious about peoples thoughts about the seemingly random enforcement of safeguards. I don't wish to go to bars etc, but for the people who do this all has to be very confusing/upsetting, a border town in WI has been forced to close theirs early because of all the traffic from MN has been causing issues, imo nothing will get any better, including peoples perceptions of how serious this is without a unified response, not saying what that should be, just wondering what other people thought.

But since you brought him up FUCK trump! :)

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Maybe the test is the plan...

>

> Nano 5g critters...

^ lol, the test is non invasive, now the vaccine, that's where they get ya! ;)

> Papa _ Wrote:

> slew’s kidding. or smoked his breakfast...

The start of a perfect day.... :) on the couch! Could never wake and bake anymore, if I had anything at all to do. It sure brings back fun memories though!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yeah silly of me you can't fit that many nanites on a swab and 5G is the Internet of Things

To all of you who own a smart phone, if you think for even a second that you have even a modicum of privacy, you are delusional, the spit test I took was heavily smart phone intensive, logging into the company who did the test allowed the phone to do things it was not able to do on it;s own, like scan a bar code, uber creepy, but at least I don't have it on dec 22nd. Today, who knows. I think I'm good though.

Your fear of smartphones seems to stem from ignorance instead information.

Smartphones have been able to scan certain barcodes for over a decade by now.

punkrock randy /

Awesome retro Dennys mug papa! I need some green for breakfast :-/ Piss off Poopspeds, u and Drumph can suck it, u lose. Now it can be a happy new year🥳🍻🤙🏼

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> To all of you who own a smart phone, if you think for even a second that

> you have even a modicum of privacy, you are delusional, the spit test I

> took was heavily smart phone intensive, logging into the company who did

> the test allowed the phone to do things it was not able to do on it;s

> own, like scan a bar code, uber creepy, but at least I don't have it on

> dec 22nd. Today, who knows. I think I'm good though.

Lolz. I will add this. I listen to spotify and pandora through blue tooth head phones on my smart phone at work. The head phones have a mic for phone call use too. I just recently noticed that I'm getting some commercials in Spanish. Why, you may ask? I recently have been working with and training two Mexicans that often talk to each other in Spanish. Great guys, but it's pretty creepy. (edited)

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> Awesome retro Dennys mug papa! I need some green for breakfast :-/

> Piss off Poopspeds, u and Drumph can suck it, u lose. Now it can be a

> happy new year🥳🍻🤙🏼

Hahaha. A happy New four years!

That mug is the real deal. I was a kid and my dad was bugging the server about buying a mug. She just told him to take it. Probably because most people that want one just steal them.

I’ve had enough Grand Slams from there to be in a hall of fame. The mug is a well deserved trophy.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I have a few hess's ice cream cups and a plate. I wish I had a mug.

Hess, was the in place for 20s to 40s socialites. Now tore down for a shiney anesthetic city hall.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> Your fear of smartphones seems to stem from ignorance instead

> information.

>

> Smartphones have been able to scan certain barcodes for over a decade by

> now.

If you say so, I've never seen it, that was total sci-fi mind blown shit to me! I mean there is some good to it, having them allows testing on this magnitude and speed, but it shows just how easy it is for the data mining, and for a fact the camera and audio can be activated by outside sources, there was a time when if someone told you that such a device existed and that you would pay for the "privilege" of being tagged like that people would have laughed in your face, it does not seem to bother younger people, maybe because they have grown up under the camera's eye? I don't think it will ever not freak me out? It's so weird to think you are never truly alone anymore? I know that people are not actively listening/watching 99.9% of the time, but the advertising algorithms or whatever they are, are, and the idea that it is possible just freaks me out. I also sadly know there is nothing to be done about it, as the majority seems to like having big brother internet in their pocket, I mean they prob have not seen a movie in at least an hr, and god forbid they think through an issue without the help of google.

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > To all of you who own a smart phone, if you think for even a second

> that

>

> > you have even a modicum of privacy, you are delusional, the spit test

> I

>

> > took was heavily smart phone intensive, logging into the company who

> did

>

> > the test allowed the phone to do things it was not able to do on it;s

>

> > own, like scan a bar code, uber creepy, but at least I don't have it

> on

>

> > dec 22nd. Today, who knows. I think I'm good though.

>

> Lolz. I will add this. I listen to spotify and pandora through blue

> tooth head phones on my smart phone at work. The head phones have a mic

> for phone call use too. I just recently noticed that I'm getting some

> commercials in Spanish. Why, you may ask? I recently have been working

> with and training two Mexicans that often talk to each other in Spanish.

> Great guys, but it's pretty creepy.

It is creepy! Skynet is out there, only thing that can save us is an emp... ;D

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The real truly scary things is that this plague or virus and the protocols we're all outlined in an economic paper public two years ago about how to reset the economy to digital money ...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account