Weighted Blankets

I had no idea these existed but apparently it's more calming and helps with anxiety? having a 25lb cover on one me while I'm trying to sleep seems like it'd be annoying as hell.

Re: Weighted Blankets

Eh it's just one the of the latest fads. Like how snuggies used to be super popular.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

In case of blanket party use armored blanket...

I understand how it could seem annoying. I haven't tried one and likely never will. But if it makes people happy I'm all for it. That's the trick to being cool I think. You're going to see people do all sorts of shit that makes no sense, you just have to laugh and appreciate it. Life would suck if everyone all liked the same things.

Restless sleeping is often not a symptom of having a lightweight blanket, try looking at why you can't sleep well and don't blame your blankie.

They are awesome. I'm not sure how they became a fad. But I've owned them for almost 20 years.

The first time you use one, it is a truly unique experience. You don't realize the amount of muscles that are active when relaxing in bed, but when you put on the blanket it lets you feel them..and relax by actively consciously relaxing. Also, anxiety. Wow...

I think it like brings be back to somthing comfortable when I was young? I remember the feeling from being a toddler or something it's an almost nostalgic comfort.

These have been around forever, especially for children with anxiety issues and autism too.

If your having trouble sleeping melatonin is a good start and helps jump-start your circadian rhythm.

Dirty30 Dillon /

The wife has one for when her anxiety is high, but honestly I hate it. Mostly because when it gets left on the couch, you can't just sit on it like a normal blanket, and you can't just shuffle it over because it weighs fucking 25 lbs.

It does help though, for people with anxiety and tension

I placed the feeling. It makes me feel like I'm in a pillow fort.

I think it is supposed to be a secure feeling. like being held by someone. That’s what it is supposed to do for autistic kids.

I remember being a kid and visiting my grandparents house. They had down duvets on the beds. similar experience. I sleep much better in a cold room with lots of covers.

If they make them that are weighted but not particularly insulating I'd give it a try. I don't know about feeling swaddled or whatnot but I like having a heavy blanket. I wish I still had the afghan my grandmother crocheted for me. It got eaten by rats or mice one summer many years ago. :(

dude i thought that too, weighted blankets are rad

A guy at work made a chain mail shirt. It weighed 40-50 lbs.

I say, knock out 2 birds with one stone, get that to sleep in and you have it for any costume, larping, shark encounters you may want/need it for.

I have a really dense quilt that I really like. makes you feel all snuggled in. like when your dad tucks the blanket in under you tight like a little burrito

I want one now. One guy acts like a dick to gay people and the site, I call him out, then another promises for me to cry or something and I get excited.... then of course he ignores me... people are so cold... a fight, a hug... I guess a weighted blanket would be nice now.. I mean it. I want one.

I fucks with them. I highly recommend it for anyone who has anxiety or racing thoughts in the evening.

I really like mine, I wish it was heavier though. Its also good cat jail when they're being little shits at night.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I use a hammock...

Like being rocked to sleep or the primal wave action like sleeping in a tree.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account