Scooter problem???????

Hello I'm new to this forum but I was wondering if someone can help? K have av49cc taotao with a 52mm bore kit ive spent alot of money on. This scooter did this before the bore kit...anyways one day j rode my scooter in pouring down rain for about an hour..the next day it fired up ran for about an hour and died on me stranded ne about 2 miles from home...well I checked spark and fuel thought I fixed stuff it fired up rode it again for about an hour and died again...I cranked and cranjed I kicked and kicked would not start...sat for an hour started right up...smh...everything is new on my bike except the fuel pump/vacuum pump..its ran by the intake..... and the solenoid i haven't replaced or the stator. I put the bore kit on and new carb fired it up ran great once I tuned the carb ran for about an hour ..died wiuldnt start again for about an hour if I cranked and cranked the throttle I could get it to start and sputter but would die...let it sit starts right up now it has spark during the shutdown pulled plug put fingerling the hole no fuel while cranking it over im at a total loss its so f-ning frustrating!! Its a new gas cap too if I pull the line off the filter and run line straight from tank into carb it runs for a min then dies tried by passing fuel pump its like a vacuum controlled pump like i said its like its vapor locking somehow i just can't figure this out please if anyone can try to help me fix this darn thing itd my only transportation right now I'm so frustrated. ...Thank you.

Re: Scooter problem???????

https://49ccscoot.proboards.com/

Sounds like crud in the carb, maybe in the gas tank.

You got water in your fuel system drain flush with clean gas. Dont ride in pouring rain.

Drain the gas

Also how did you spend a lot of money on that 80 kit? They're like 90 bucks shipped with everything including new head valves even starter parts and variator weights and belt... so cheap

Honestly my 1st thought tho was the fuel petal valve

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It doesn't flush right jiggle the handle...

Jeremy Davenport /

Those Tao Tao scooters are made cheap. I had a 50cc VIP and the thing broke all the time and it wasn’t old either. If your not a mechanical person, I’d just get rid of it and get something better.

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It doesn't flush right jiggle the handle...

Best answer! They look like toilets and you have to sit on them like a toilet.

Haha, Slew killed it, not too mean, not too nice, lol.

> Roff Junior Wrote:

> Haha, Slew killed it, not too mean, not too nice, lol.

Sometimes its hard to follow what he says but that was a royal flush.

Besides the H2O in the fuel, I read that on these scooters that the timing should be adjusted since they frequently arrive with it out of sync. using a feeler gauge and having it correct can make a world of difference. and doesn't cost anything except your time.

Eat a duck..his bout that out that in your gay pedal scotter and smoke it!

Thank you brother

Maybe try some Draino or tidy bowl.

Pushrod Fifty /

Bleach added to the oil injection tank gives bleach injection! Worked for Trump, can work for your Wuhan Scoot.

really you might just not have a good tank vent. try also gravity feeding the carb. you can suck on the vacuum line (it's never got gas in it, don't worry. this is a genuine suggestion too, not some "bleach" joke) and that will let gas flow. you can also loosen the screw on the line under the carb to drain the gas out of the carb - check that to make sure gas flows when you suck on the vacuum line (thus artificially opening the petal valve) and also make sure the gas that comes out doesn't have water in it (it'd separate/float blobs in the gas)

punkrock randy /

I feel bad that it’s his only transport. Nice job being both helpful and not too hard on him guys👍🏼 Tough balance

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> I feel bad that it’s his only transport. Nice job being both helpful and

> not too hard on him guys👍🏼 Tough balance

"We" didn't want to "tank" it completely.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I was kinda hinting at a throttle problem...

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> I was kinda hinting at a throttle problem...

The handle is the throttle on a toilet.

You think?

punkrock randy /

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> > ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I was kinda hinting at a throttle problem...

>

> The handle is the throttle on a toilet.

I’m sure of it👍🏼

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Donald Lael Wrote:

> Eat a duck..his bout that out that in your gay pedal scotter and smoke

> it!

You can fuck off with the homophobic shit.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account