Great weekend so far

Picked up my new engine for a swap, hit the beach and now back at buddies for steaks and pool.

Water is crazy high from a tropical storm forming in the gulf, almost no beach, parts shut down already.

What yall up to this weekend?

20200919_093054.jpg
20200919_125404.jpg
20200919_130211.jpg

Re: Great weekend so far

What’s the motor going in?

Beaches are kinda cool after big storms tear em up.

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What’s the motor going in?

>

> Beaches are kinda cool after big storms tear em up.

I swear to god that looks like a fork lift engine, except it has a turbo.

#redneckshit

This is a 4bt engine, basically a cummins 12 valve minus 2 rear cylinders. 130hp model p pump version.

Pulled it out of an ac unit for jets while parked.

Itll be going into my 84 flareside, backed up with a 2wd nv4500 trans and 9 inch rear end.

20200919_162704.jpg

Fuck, I love that bus....

So rad dude. My company has a case with the non turbo version. Awsome motors. 4bt is such a killer engine. I have been busy this weekend putting up this 24x14x10 tent I got for free this spring. The top had an extra tarp on it since new so it is perfect. You can see the outline fade. I also have the tarp that is super heavy duty but dont think I'm gonna put it on. The front and back were smoked so I got a heavy tarp for the back and framed in the front and will make two barn doors for it. Need a place to store my vw beetle, and a few atvs, bikes, mowers, etc.... gonna have $400 into it but they cost about $1600 so still not a bad deal. Gonna put down some road fabric and crush stone for base.

20200920_163151.jpg

Hell yeah, nice find! I had a tarp shelter that the tarp took a shit on finally. Built a roof and 3 sides from my parents old tin roof just sheet metal screwed it all on with the additional roof slats made from 1x2s. Works great for covered parking.

I'm a junk guy and have a few old swimming pools I grabbed from the dump that will be good roofing for it mabye. People take the pool down and roll it up and duct tape it closed. Perfect for me. Haha

Started building doors tonight after work. Also installed some small solar led light for it

20200922_193722.jpg

Looking good..you can use old trampoline frames to build simular storage buildings..

Nice, I think I'm gonna wall off the open side of mine with a barn door. Keep the weather out and critters.

Got my shed almost finished.

20201010_174143.jpg

Excellent!

Friends came out this weekend and there was the massive hotrod show in my home town that we checked out. Forgot my camera so didnt take but one pic, my phones camera is all fucked up so only selfie side works.

20201010_125146.jpg
20201011_212417.jpg

Went to a vw show/ swap meet on saturday. Decent turn out. Got another trans for the beetle for $100.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account