A $2 Jigsaw saved me around a thousand bucks

So about a year ago I bought an old craftsman jigsaw for $2 at an estate sale. It sat in my garage until my well pump broke. I needed to replace pvc plumbing and my more expensive piece of garbage harborfreight hacksaw wasn't cutting it. I grabbed the trusty jigsaw and cut the pipes and did the plumbing and electrical and saved mucho dinero--maybe magnum money.

Fun fact the jigsaw says "sabresaw" on it which is a phrase no commonly used...the fucker is that old and works as new! I think it is a 1960s Craftsman model.

Re: A $2 Jigsaw saved me around a thousand bucks

Nylon twine will cut PVC clean if you didnt know. Works badass in a tight spot.

I remember "sabresaw"

Thanks Dude that's a cool tip I'll try to remember and of course you remember Stephen you must have seen the entire world change. . kind of wild...It's starting to happen to me now too.

I still call them sabresaws. I remember when The Beatles were new. You kids get offa my lawn.

> Your Mother Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks Dude that's a cool tip I'll try to remember and of course you

> remember Stephen you must have seen the entire world change. . kind of

> wild...It's starting to happen to me now too.

Have seen a LOT of change, the change does not freak me out as much as the SPEED at which it takes place, THAT freaks me out, you used to have some time to get used to new things! Get used to it, for better or worse, it only speeds up.

....like the disappearance of your cartilage. Enjoy it while have it kiddos, that shit has a sell-by date.

Yeah....starting to notice that! :/

Today I learned that 5 cents worth of twine can save me $2 on a used sabre saw.

5 cents!!! Big spender, Ideally I would find my twine on the side of the road as I'm riding my moped fueled with gas from wrecked cars mixed with used motor oil.

> Your Mother Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 5 cents!!! Big spender, Ideally I would find my twine on the side of the

> road as I'm riding my moped fueled with gas from wrecked cars mixed with

> used motor oil.

Ideally I would find some in the junk someone pays me to haul off.

I got married at my dads old place, 1800s sawmill, my grandpa had a ton of wierd antiques. My friends arrived early and asked to help, including Julian, ex guns and moped small engine madman

"Tim, you sweep up in here, Dan can you get some ice, Julian get that thing running"

About half and hour later we had this old Sally saw running and went to chop shit down-

Its an early chainsaw alternative, steady rpm "handheld" circular saw, just runs and theres a clutch that turns a shaft to drive tooth holes in a big hollow circular blade

Screenshot_20200914-221220_Instagram.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

No osha

Man imagine the industrial accidents with that baby.

Give to millennial get out iPhone...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account