Re: Rats

likewise, addressing tuition issues doesn't go away by accepting them, you point out instances where lack of regulation allowed greed to corrupt a positive move, and i agree we can't just forgive debt and expect the problem to be resolved but the way things do seem to get resolved is pushing change and meeting a workable solution. I'd like to see more credit given to experts dedicated to understanding options and better decisions come out than hyper politicized ideal scenarios.

Things I disagree with, one major series is related to environmental policy. We will globally move toward more aggressively combatting climate change and pollution, we need to. And we have an opportunity for the america to lead there, on paths begun by Obama and before, and allow us to capitalize on those innovations and a primary leading role- denying it and removing regulations allows the status quo or regression to systems which are quickly becoming outdated and outpaced by the rest of the world.

But its beyond that, there are dozens of examples of replacing qualified experts with cronies and lackeys throughout his cabinet. Reverting fair wage progress on things like overtime that prevent specific examples of exploitation, or reversing obamacare is an excellent example of pointing out something that doesn't work, but instead of fixing it and making it better, we've just cast blame and pointed to its failure to dismantle it without replacement, creating scenarios where something that didn't work is only worse now. Our trade deals and international alliances, the wish washy reversals on Iran that emboldened an enemy and restarted its nuclear ambitions with impunity and made us a clear enemy. The current postal issues too, he isn't fixing issues, just worsening them and blaming the "other side" and thats scary and very regressive and dangerous.

Oh, jeez. Can somebody call the home, pops got loose again.

Everyone is too fucking spoiled and wrapped up inside their own assholes to function in society anymore. Personally I think it's the sudden and rapid advancement of technology that did it.

"I WANT EXACTLY THIS SPECIFIC EXTREME POLICY CHANGE OR IM NOT VOTING FOR BIDEN AND DGAF IF THE WORLD BURNS!"

"SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE ONCE SAID SOMETHING DUMB THEREFORE THAT NEGATES ANY AND ALL CRITICISMS OF OUR DEAR TANGERINE LEADER"

This can't (and won't) last forever.

Realities will collide, probably violently, very soon.

"So I bought a .44 magnum, it was solid steel cast.

And in the blessed name of Elvis well I just let it blast.

'Til my TV lay in pieces there at my feet

And they busted me for disturbin' the almighty peace.

Judge said "What you got in your defense son?"

"Fifty-seven channels and nothin' on".

Really to the point of arguing issues as opposed to emotions, and further reinforcing why I genuinely believe the trump end is far worse, how do you feel that the gop convention concluded THEY HAVE NO PLATFORM.

"L'Etat, c'est moi."

Think about this very carefully. Forget about attachments to specific issues for a moment. A political party in the United States has formally passed on declaring a policy platform during a presidential election.

That party issued a formal statement that the candidate is the platform. No ideas. No debate. No plan. One man is the platform.

If your first instinct is to say "but the other side.....," STOP. This is not an appeal for a candidate.

This is a moment to ask what happens when a political party or a country cease to choose a person to lead a platform of ideas and ideals and instead allow themselves to be fully consumed by an individual.

This is far from my biggest gripe with our current president and his litany of failures and offenses, but it realllllly hit home a point that we were discussing here

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Not ignoring your earlier posts but im just short on time at the moment.

This is a moment to ask what happens when a political party or a country cease to choose a person to lead a platform of ideas and ideals and instead allow themselves to be fully consumed by an individual.

I really think you put too much stock in Trump. He cant be a mastermind and a idiot. I think many republicans focus on Trump because he constantly is under-fire from the media and many feel the media is so utterly biased and out of hand. Ive said it before but here it is again. I dont feel Trump is particularly intelligent... he is just the punching bag for the people actually coming up with policies & run this country. You can tell when he attempts to describe things his staff informed him of that he either doesn't listen to the whole presentation or just doesn't grasp what they mean.

I do not believe he is authoritarian like many are claiming. Honestly how has your life changed that makes you believe he is since Obama?

Yeah, i wast exactly clear on the extreme left vs right debate

Fuck trump, burn down the gop, piss on the ashes, shit on the piss, and build a gay bathhouse where it once stood.

However, i was more or less making a comment on where we are right now as a population, not that Im blaming both sides.

It's past the point of right vs wrong because everyone thinks they're right and anyone can find a dozen videos, articles, and books to back up their point of view.

example:

- Jacob Blake gets swiss cheesed with 7 taxpayered-provided bullets

- People get pissed and riot

- Cops get bricked and dropped at said riot.

One video plays all day on MSNBC, CNN, CBS, etc..

And the other video plays on FOX, OAN, Crazytown News,etc...

The truth and context are meaningless at this point. It's Trump vs the rest of the planet sans Mother Russia, and he'll burn this entire country down to save his own ass.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

It's Trump vs the rest of the planet sans Mother Russia, and he'll burn this entire country down to save his own ass.

This talk right here is what annoys me... there are so many people doing so many things and your focus is on a guy that honeslty isnt smart enough to be the evil overlord genius you both claim he is and isnt.

Bas Autowas /

Trump has said himself that he will not leave the White House if he loses, he stated that if he loses the election the election was rigged and he said that he is purposefully destroying the post office to block people from voting.

This has nothing to do with media bias at all, these are all things he said himself. If that doesn't alarm you than you are an enemy of the United States.

Lol, nah. Check the dictionary again, he is most definitely an authoritation.

While married to Ivana, he had one book on his nightstand. It was MEIN FUCKING KAMPF.

But Trump IS an idiot and also a narcissistic psychopath. That means he truly believes he has been sent from god and ALWAYS the smartest man in the room, depite reality showing us he's a diaper wearing senior with dementia who can't shuffle down a ramp, speak English, or drink water normally.

In the past, this would have been long over by now. but today Trumps being protected by Bill Barr and Mitch McConnell who initially wanted to dispose of him but have lost the reins and now are triangulating their escape plan to avoid criminal prosecution while keeping donors happy.

The reason he wants violence and unrest is because he cannot be pardoned for state crimes and there are a slew of pending investigations in the SDNY right now that will send him and his kids to prison for life.

He isnt fighting for the country, or Freedom, or for you or even Don Ohio.

He's fighting to keep his fat ass out of jail.

Disagree all you want but them's the facts, Jack.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Bas your gonna need to post links and videos to back up the claims. I’ve yet to hear him admit it sabotage.

Oh, sorry you're "annoyed" about "so many people so many things". Then maybe stop opining on shit you don't anything about.

Nobody is calling him a mastermind except Don Ohio because it doesnt take brains to light shit on fire then blame others.

Jimmy, no offense but you haven't the slightest grasp of the current political situation nor the maneuveing within Federal Agencies to circumvent oversight and streamline power of the Executive branch by firing Inspector Generals and placing unqualified unconfimred stooges in key positions to only advance the destruction of said agencies.

Go ask a contractor with clearance how moral is right now at their respective hq. We have non-partisan career professionals who have served in uniform and continue to serve in diplomatic corps afterwords who can't do their jobs because OUR ALLIES DONT FUCKING TRUST US JIMMY.

You're completely out of your depth here, Jimmy.

were not here to do your fucking homework, kid

wake the fuck up

Bas Autowas /

"They want $25 billion — billion — for the post office. Now they need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots," Trump said on Thursday, adding, "But if they don't get those two items, that means you can't have universal mail-in voting."

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Anybody here watch the gop convention? Everything was “dear leader” bullshit. One after another. So pathetic. I fell asleep about an hour in to it last night. What a fucking joke.

"Everyone is too fucking spoiled and wrapped up in their own assholes to function in society anymore" "Personally, I think it's the rapid advancement of technology that has caused this"

^ SO MUCH THIS, RIGHT HERE. Trump is no mastermind, he is a narcissistic spoiled brat, who is the hero of every loser with a twitter account who thinks they are famous. His being in the position he he is is the result of a society concerned with "me" and my followers, "me" and my online persona, "me" "me" "me". This many people can not all live like celebrities, it is not physically possible, but the damn 'net says we can, shows (falsely) that others are, why not you? (because it's not real spanky). But the line between what is real and what is a pipe dream has become so blurry, people can and are being led to believe things that would have had you committed 10 yrs ago. Norms and mores that are necessary to keep a country this large running are being tossed aside, they never applied to the ultra rich, but now everyone is blowing them off....it can't work, it's already falling apart. Rapidly. Trump is not the cause of all this country's problems, but a symptom of a flawed. broken, INSANELY materialistic society. Fuck trump for sure, but fuck our society harder, 97% of us were never supposed to be famous or important on a national level, being a good person in your family/neighborhood is the real deal, not fake internet induced "celebrity". Get over yourself America.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Not ignoring your earlier posts but im just short on time at the moment.

>

> This is a moment to ask what happens when a political party or a country

> cease to choose a person to lead a platform of ideas and ideals and

> instead allow themselves to be fully consumed by an individual.

>

> I really think you put too much stock in Trump. He cant be a mastermind

> and a idiot. I think many republicans focus on Trump because he

> constantly is under-fire from the media and many feel the media is so

> utterly biased and out of hand. Ive said it before but here it is again.

> I dont feel Trump is particularly intelligent... he is just the punching

> bag for the people actually coming up with policies & run this country.

> You can tell when he attempts to describe things his staff informed him

> of that he either doesn't listen to the whole presentation or just

> doesn't grasp what they mean.

>

> I do not believe he is authoritarian like many are claiming. Honestly

> how has your life changed that makes you believe he is since Obama?

Oh I don't mean to imply he's some authoritatian wannabe dictator, but rather that it's deeply concerning that the entire RNC basically said we have no platform, no issues. We are just trump. vote for that. As you put out earlier and I've been trying to focus on also, we get nowhere unless we can get a meaningful evaluation of the pros and cons on actual issues, and literally as we are having that discussion here the republican party said pretty directly - we don't care about issues, we have no platform, just trump. team trump!

Yup.

He's a relfection us as a society and country, and represents what we stand for and allow

None if it good.

"we don't care about issues" right, the parties reflect the populations views...the government will not improve unless WE improve and demand better. The population at large does not give a shit, and this is what you get.

>

> I do not believe he is authoritarian like many are claiming. Honestly

> how has your life changed that makes you believe he is since Obama?

Again, not so much worried about the authoritarian bit, it's pretty clear he does it because it pisses off the opposition, that he would so callously float the idea of not leaving office. I'm not worried that he will actually install himself dictator and bring down the iron fist of the law on every dissent. But what worries me is that other motive, the "just pissing off the opposition" because it is extremely divisive and intentional and unproductive while also creating a team mentality that as we're already harping on doesn't care about issues or make real progress.

I do like that last point tho, I often try to ask myself, are you AFFECTED or are you just OFFENDED. And to the point that I've been affected by trump immediately it's this VERY VERY divisive and one-sided politics that's come of it, and people who used to be afraid (as they should be) to talk some thinly veiled racist garbage or fuss about mens rights or white slaves or how come we don't get to have a pride day for straights etc - theyre so much louder now, they're open and in your face and reasy to fight over it but worse theyre so proud of it and completely unwilling to hear another side. it's driving apart families, friendships, and just reinforcing this approach to discussing politics that seems reduced to little more than "I piussed you off so I win"

it sucks.

But as far as personally affected by policy - well the whole handling of the current pandemic was woefully awful - when the theater was on fire we needed a leader who could unite us, lead us, help us find the exits and instead he basically just gloated that there is no fire. Were we too aggressive in shutdowns? in many cases probably, were we not aggressive enough, in many cases probably, but we never had a consistent message and we continue to pay dearly. And don't give the shit like well doctors changed their song too. no shit they didn't know, and learned as they went and what we needed was a coordinated united effort to actually make the best decisions and what we got was denial, blame, incredibly inconsistent messages, and ultimately near comlete inaction from the president.

OK so what else, stocks are good at the expense of the national debt, huge tax breaks to the wealthy with token tax breaks to short term appease everyone else. like you realize we have a huge debt, the richest are paying billions less and will continue to, yet all you got was a few grand a year more for a few years. Be great if that actually translated to higher wages but it doesnt and hasn't and never will. So there, I'm affected because my retirement went up (before collapsing since the whole thing at this point is clearly an instable speculative bubble) and affected because the whole countries debt went up

the lists are long, theres' very little I agree with relating to trumps policy or rhetoric.

But maybe I could think of some positives. um, deregulation in some cases can be good. unfortunately a lot of the "deregulation" seems to be a free pass to exploit communities and removing their ability to act back. removing avenues for communities to oppose a pipeline or a freeway etc.

umm, the economy? I guess, but he doesn't get credit for that. You wanna know what I think did it, to be totally honest, is fracking. I would bet that cheap energy in the US had a much bigger impact on manufacturing jobs and unemployment and bringing products back from overseas etc than anything trump or Obama. but no matter how you look at it, it's pretty hard to argue that trump made this economy good unless you ignore the 4years prior, ignore trends, and only look at current numbers.

prison reform! Awesome. keep going. this is about the only praise I can give without caveat. we have far more to go but we absolutely need prison to be less about long term difficult punishment and more about reform and improving society. and he pushed that in the right direction. I don't think he actually had anything to do with writing it, but he didn't oppose it, so props.

it's weird that he managed to ban bump stocks, and also regularly accuse the opposition of "coming for your guns" in a spectacularly confusing example of bending to various whims and having clearly no clue or integrity. Hell, I couldn't even argue that he came to a genuine realization that we shouldn't have workarounds to make fully automatic rifles; it seems like he just had no clue and just wanted to do something to look good, and, unsurprisingly, bumbled it. though at least it led to a minor but measurable token improvement.

charter schools and voucher programs is utter horseshit though and devos has NO business but making business being where she is. I'm not immediately affected but I could be, honestly it'd benefit me cuz my kid goes to a Montessori preschool for now, but I still think it's horseshit, i'd rather have decent public schools in poor neighborhoods than make it cheaper for me to send my kid to a fancy spot. She'll be in public school when she's in kindergarten.

other positives, I know a lot of folks love his appointed judges. I think they suck, hell they were ranked by the Bar as not qualified, but trump just got rid of that qualification requirement. cool? Fortunately most are good Christian white men. perfect - we need more of those to interpret laws.. (NOT)

Balance is nice. but I don't agree with putting Christian lobbyists to interpret laws.

and while the reworked NAFTA did basically shit all, it's almost identical, and only caused a whole shitload of confusion to make a meaningless new deal for him to tout as a success despite VERY little changed, it DID manage to support unionization in mexico. which, weird flex, but laudable - lets promote improving labor rights here too!

My kids like watching The Simpsons in the mornings before school.

season 30 episode 21 D’oh Canada.

It says all this stuff in a delightfully clever satire.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

were not here to do your fucking homework, kid

If someone is going to make an allegation then the burden of proof is on them. If i call you a racist then i better be able to cite incidents when you were racist. I appreciate you trying to detract value from my opinion by citing to my credentials (of which you know nothing about me) but Im not interested in that type of debate.

"They want $25 billion — billion — for the post office. Now they need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots," Trump said on Thursday, adding, "But if they don't get those two items, that means you can't have universal mail-in voting."

Bas, thanks for the quote... really that is not sarcasm. What interview was that from? Id like to hear the entire thing to determine motive for myself. Ive heard some of the post office issues of late but this is not an area Ive focused on. At face value, I have not been concerned with mail in voting fraud - infact I just registered yesterday to vote by mail.

Will, I wish i could comment on all your posts right now but i just lack the time. If there is something in particular you wish for me to respond I will certainly try. My goal is not to be a Trump defender... which i feel Im often pushed into doing. I really just want us all to be able to stop looking at "Orange man bad" and focus on all caniditates. It annoys me that so much happens and people just ignore anything other than Trump.

that he would so callously float the idea of not leaving office.

It honestly wouldnt matter if that what he wanted to do... once someone else is elected Im sure the military would drag him out kicking and screaming. Donald surely says some stupid stuff and really needs to get off twitter. Perhaps we should ban all presidents from social media platforms while in office... granted it does give you a bit of insight as to what they are thinking.

OK so what else, stocks are good at the expense of the national debt, huge tax breaks to the wealthy with token tax breaks to short term appease everyone else.

Yup, i dont mean to beat a dead horse here but I actually agree with you. I just dont think we can fix this by messing with our already defunct tax code. Kind of like adding stop slip to a transmission... the transmission might make a few more miles but its still going out. Plus my fear of raising taxes on the wealthy would just run out business owners.

But as far as personally affected by policy - well the whole handling of the current pandemic was woefully awful

I think he stalled at the beginning and could have done certain things better. But honestly I dont see how it would have been handled much better given the lack of knowledge of this situation. No one ever died due of lack of hospital beds or lack of a ventilator. Im not saying he did a stellar job at this, but i also dont believe Obama would have done much better.

charter schools and voucher programs is utter horseshit Im curious about your take on this. Ive heard good arguments for school choice.

Bas Autowas /

The quote is from one of his senior moments calling in to Fox Business. This is the video on Axios, but it's available on other sites and you can probably find the whole thing somewhere.

Jimmy,

One takeaway I got from your last post:

You think Trump’s atrocious behavior on Twitter should spawn a social media ban for US Presidents.

Think about that.

No president, during my lifetime, was so reckless and irresponsible with any of their communication that we thought about censoring them.

But, you’re saying that ALL FUTURE presidents need to be censored. Assuming that they will be equally unfit for such incredible power to share their personal opinions.

Yeah. Social media is the enemy. Not Trump or people similar to him.

I’m sure you didn’t mean it quite like that. But that IS the scary kind of logic running rampant.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I didn’t actually mean banning him nor would I actually support banning people from a social media platform. But he does have the responsibility to represent the country which he does a very poor job of. Presidential office really should exemplified someone confident caring educated and Donald Trump tweeting does not exemplify much of that at all. I think everyone can probably somewhat agree that his Twitter feed often gets him into hot water and it would be best if he would just put the dang phone down

> Because from the

> prospective of someone at the right, they will see how the democrats

> have done everything in their power to limit the republicans from doing

> anything.

Except the republicans controlled the presidency, the house, and the senate for 2 years and barely did anything. There was even a shutdown in January 2018, when one party controlled every branch of the government.

I don't think taxing the wealthy needs to hurt businesses. On one hand it could encourage business owners to invest more in their business as opposed to their personal wealth, imagine taking home 10 million but having to pay 20%, or taking home 8 mil at only 18% while you reinvest that other 2. the numbers get a lot bigger quickly but taxes can incentivize assets and job growth with very minimal impact to the extravagant quality of life of the ultra wealthy. and 2, while certainly the idea of becoming wealthy promotes innovation, those truly wealthy got there not by innovation but by expoitation, I don't think someone would be any less motivated to raise themselves to be millionaires, but those who are millionaires driven to be billionaires keep amassing frther wealth by actually squashing innovation of others, buying and incorporating or just dismantling smaller competition, the further enrichment of the ultrawealthy I would argue is more detrimental to business owners. When a small business can't compete with online giants because those mega companies can actually take a loss on sales and just make up for it in speculative gains in the stock markets, then both the stock market and protecting megawealthy are to our collective detriment. I think it's got to be a balance and carefully done but a lot of the policies largely feared for being too socialist actually represent tax codes that were present during some of America's best prosperity, innovation and growth, and seem well vetted to promote investment in jobs and physical growth as opposed to focusing companies' goal structure just to benefit the shareholders and executives

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> > Pops Peds Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Well thats all your ideas..just like i have mine..i won't get in to

> any

>

> > back and forth with you or anybody because you all have the idea you

> are

>

> > right and anybody else is wrong and trump is no good..no need to do

> any

>

> > more than say what i think..i'll stick where i am

>

> If this same whiny shit is the only thing you can ever say on every

> fucking topic, why bother posting?

>

> Grow some balls or go home, and for christs sake, try getting some news

> from anywhere other than fox news.

>

> I’m sure that’s where this “kamala=hillary” crap came from. For fucks

> s sake man. Get a clue.

Word^^^^^^^

"I appreciate you trying to detract value from my opinion by citing to my credentials (of which you know nothing about me) but Im not interested in that type of debate."

What credentials do you possess that I called into question? I'm merely citing first hand accounts from family who reside in Virginia and have LITERALLY spent their entire lives in the millitary and civil service sectors.

So when your opinions are shit without any basis on real world ramifications of Trump's actions and the effect it has on actual day-to-day operations of world government, then it's no wonder you "don't wanna have that debate".

"I think he stalled at the beginning and could have done certain things better. But honestly I dont see how it would have been handled much better given the lack of knowledge of this situation. No one ever died due of lack of hospital beds or lack of a ventilator. Im not saying he did a stellar job at this, but i also dont believe Obama would have done much better."

OBAMAS TEAM SAT TRUMPS TEAM DOWN BEFORE INAGURATION AND WARNED THEM ABOUT HOW TO RESPOND TO THIS EXACT SCENARIO.

SO TRUMP DISMANTLED THE ENTIRE PANDEMIC RESPONSE TEAM

YOU'RE AN IMMENSE FUCKING IDIOT

It's easy Papa,

If Twitter didn't exist, Trump wouldnt say such bad things. Therefore it's Twitter's fault.

/s

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account