This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

2020 Polaris General 4 XP1000 Ride Command

The dogs approve.

3345E97A-02EF-41C0-8229-0CEDC852D7CA.jpeg
B1EAEA73-F2F3-41B2-8AF2-70616F6E17D4.jpeg

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

punkrock randy /

Big $$. You could never be poor w/ views like your’s. Wish I had 15-20K to waste, prolly wouldn’t spend on that tho.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Big $$. You could never be poor w/ views like your’s. Wish I had 15-20K

> to waste, prolly wouldn’t spend on that tho.

Sign and ride baby.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

punkrock randy /

Oh yeah, I’ve never owed credit card companies shit. So I’ve never felt fake rich either I suppose.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Oh yeah, I’ve never owed credit card companies shit. So I’ve never felt

> fake rich either I suppose.

Yeah I hear you. I dont own a credit card. I spend what I got.

Nice buggy by the way. I got a Yamaha dealer down the street and the lot is packed with those things. I like the two seat yellow one with the Kenny Roberts style decals.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

I've always found the concept of credit cards quite bizarre to say the least. Why would you want to go into debt to buy things?

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

punkrock randy /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've always found the concept of credit cards quite bizarre to say the

> least. Why would you want to go into debt to buy things?

Americans love to live beyond their means. This country was built on creating endless debt.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

People want what they want now and don’t have patience to wait for it. It’s a sad thing many fall for and a shady way for a company to make money on. Kind of like check advances / cashing places. People get caught in a cycle. I got rid of all my credit cards about a year or 2 ago... only thing I have now is a debit card and cash.

But then again it shows. My daily driver is a $200 17 year old Hyundai that had a tree laying on it when I bought it. People wonder why I drive it but I have no payments!

Now give Seth a break, maybe he had the cash for it. Regardless it looks like a nice buggy and I hope you enjoy it.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Bas Autowas Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I've always found the concept of credit cards quite bizarre to say the

>

> > least. Why would you want to go into debt to buy things?

>

> Americans love to live beyond their means. This country was built on

> creating endless debt.

Yep.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

"people wonder why I drive it, but I have no payments" I SO agree! Nice side by side, cool dogs too..... Daily, $100.00 3 yrs ago this sept.... about 300.00 in repairs and plates, people laugh, but I laugh at them making the bank rich. I do have credit cards, but only for emergencies. (edited)

001.jpg

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

Y’all crack me up. I’ve been saving a minute for this. I paid cash. Up front. Actually, I went to my bank, asked for a cashiers check out of my account, and handed it to the man at the counter in exchange for the keys. Title will come in a couple weeks. I bought the fully loaded model. It was a hell of a lot more than $15-20 Grand. Now I spend my weekends in the mountains, away from the idiots in town.

As far as credit cards go, I have several. I have a couple cards that I could have paid for it with entirely. But I keep them paid off too. I use one in particular for everything. Collect the rewards points, and pay it off every month. I MAKE about 2-4% return that way, buying what I normally buy.

Credit is your friend, if you use it right. My 2013 F150 will be paid off in a year. It’s at 1.6%. Paying it off two years ahead of schedule. Then I only have my mortgage, and it’s less than your rent. This winter, I am going to pull more cash out of my bank and remodel my kitchen and bathrooms. New cabinets, granite counters, new appliances, Full tile walk in shower in one bath, Free standing soaker tub in the other, and new vanities. Point is, save your pennies, and someday you can afford to play with the big boys. This is the point in life we work for, men- to start enjoying the world around us. Try it.

Don’t be jelly. It would be dumb to go in debt for a toy.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

Nice toy indeed - well done.

Sage advice as well, folks need to focus more on saving their $$$ that seeking another buck to beg from the bank or finance company or credit card. Pay for needs then save for wants so big money does not own you.

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Y’all crack me up. I’ve been saving a minute for this. I paid cash. Up

> front. Actually, I went to my bank, asked for a cashiers check out of my

> account, and handed it to the man at the counter in exchange for the

> keys. Title will come in a couple weeks. I bought the fully loaded

> model. It was a hell of a lot more than $15-20 Grand. Now I spend my

> weekends in the mountains, away from the idiots in town.

>

> As far as credit cards go, I have several. I have a couple cards that I

> could have paid for it with entirely. But I keep them paid off too. I

> use one in particular for everything. Collect the rewards points, and

> pay it off every month. I MAKE about 2-4% return that way, buying what I

> normally buy.

>

> Credit is your friend, if you use it right. My 2013 F150 will be paid

> off in a year. It’s at 1.6%. Paying it off two years ahead of schedule.

> Then I only have my mortgage, and it’s less than your rent. This winter,

> I am going to pull more cash out of my bank and remodel my kitchen and

> bathrooms. New cabinets, granite counters, new appliances, Full tile

> walk in shower in one bath, Free standing soaker tub in the other, and

> new vanities. Point is, save your pennies, and someday you can afford to

> play with the big boys. This is the point in life we work for, men- to

> start enjoying the world around us. Try it.

>

> Don’t be jelly. It would be dumb to go in debt for a toy.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

about 300.00 in repairs and plates

Yours is doing better than mine. So far Ive put a windsheild on it, timing belt kit, all new hydraulic clutch master / slave cylinder, some brake lines, flex / back exhaust, etc... but still way cheaper than a payment. Its a 5 speed hatch back with good working air, Im in heaven!

Credit is your friend, if you use it right.

Dave Ramsey will stone you for this.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

Wasn't ripping on you, credit can be your friend, but most don't use it right, not even close. Only thing I can see going in debt for would be a house, but at my age why, no one to leave it to and not going to be around forever anymore. If I ever do debt for a car, it would be a custom something, nothing off a lot, like a Subaru powered vanagon, or a restored old school convert, you know something cool, not a boring modern car/truck. Dogs look like they are having a blast! :)

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

punkrock randy /

Lolz, not jelly in the least. My Toy cost a fraction of what yours cost. And I can rip 80+ mph en route to camp in Colorado mtns😘

39024521-925F-40A8-905D-546D70A7F73D.jpeg

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> about 300.00 in repairs and plates

>

> Yours is doing better than mine. So far Ive put a windsheild on it,

> timing belt kit, all new hydraulic clutch master / slave cylinder, some

> brake lines, flex / back exhaust, etc... but still way cheaper than a

> payment. Its a 5 speed hatch back with good working air, Im in heaven!

>

> Credit is your friend, if you use it right.

>

> Dave Ramsey will stone you for this.

Going to have to do tires before winter, and in my mind the timing belt, no idea when if it was done, but it just runs, the ac works, started at -26 2 winters ago...just wish it was a stick shift. :) Oh yeah rear brakes are due, have all parts, shoes/drums/hardware kit, buying online parts were like $120.00, did not count that as not on car yet, riding around in trunk until I get around to putting them on, got a week off coming up here, will throw them on then. All told, even with all that work that is like 2 average car payments for 3 yrs of driving, with new tires I would drive this thing anywhere.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

You’re cool, Stephen. I know you weren’t ripping me. We may not always see eye to eye, but we get along. The doggos love it. We paid an extra $2000 for a four seater, so we can take em along. It’s crazy what we spend for our pets. I love my dogs more than I love most people.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Lolz, not jelly in the least. My Toy cost a fraction of what yours cost.

> And I can rip 80+ mph en route to camp in Colorado mtns😘

^ Sweet! :)

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You’re cool, Stephen. I know you weren’t ripping me. We may not always

> see eye to eye, but we get along. The doggos love it. We paid an extra

> $2000 for a four seater, so we can take em along. It’s crazy what we

> spend for our pets. I love my dogs more than I love most people.

Most dogs are way cooler than most people, I can honestly say I have only met one asshole dog in my life, can't say that about humanity! :D

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Lolz, not jelly in the least. My Toy cost a fraction of what yours cost.

> And I can rip 80+ mph en route to camp in Colorado mtns😘

Nice ride. I like those. To each their own. But I’d just take the truck if I wanted to ride the roads. Have fun in camp. I’ll be out on the trails. Don’t wait up honey, I won’t be home by dark.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

Yeah I mean I don't know why y'all are shitting on credit cards, people just don't know how to use them. You treat it like a Debit Card, spent only what you have and you're rewarded with better fraud protection, cashback rewards, and a good credit score giving you a low interest rate on the stuff you have to finance (good luck getting a mortgage/favorable interest rate on a mortgage with no credit)

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

punkrock randy /

Lol, 2 extra seats cost more than half what i paid for LC🤦🏼‍♂️ Have fun, I’m sure it’s a blast. If only they were manual with a clutch. Not much of a comparison, but that’s why i like the sounds of that Mahindra Roxor. If I were a farmer, I could definitely justify one🤑

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah I mean I don't know why y'all are shitting on credit cards, people

> just don't know how to use them. You treat it like a Debit Card, spent

> only what you have and you're rewarded with better fraud protection,

> cashback rewards, and a good credit score giving you a low interest rate

> on the stuff you have to finance (good luck getting a mortgage/favorable

> interest rate on a mortgage with no credit)

"A good credit score" is just a scam by the banks to force you to get a credit card, you know that right?

Why would you borrow money to pay for things and then pay back the borrowed money? That's completely backwards.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

It is, but if you want a house, and like most people "need" a newer car just so you can get to work, you need a good credit score so you don't get gouged in interest, and qualify for a loan at all. Just because you have credit does not mean you have to use it, but it is part of the game here. Better to play it, than be played by it. I don't want a house or a new car, but having a good credit score is important to me, emergency's don't cost as much, and secure in the knowledge I can have any of my cars fixed and will never be without a ride is nice. It also helps your insurance rates to have good credit, it should not be a factor, but it is.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Nick Haber Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Yeah I mean I don't know why y'all are shitting on credit cards,

> people

>

> > just don't know how to use them. You treat it like a Debit Card, spent

>

> > only what you have and you're rewarded with better fraud protection,

>

> > cashback rewards, and a good credit score giving you a low interest

> rate

>

> > on the stuff you have to finance (good luck getting a

> mortgage/favorable

>

> > interest rate on a mortgage with no credit)

>

> "A good credit score" is just a scam by the banks to force you to get a

> credit card, you know that right?

>

> Why would you borrow money to pay for things and then pay back the

> borrowed money? That's completely backwards.

In America if someone steals my bank card information and empties my bank account I'm without money for 3-8 weeks while the bank fights with me over whether or not someone stole my card. With a credit card I file a report and get that shit back almost right away, and no money ever left my hands. It costs me nothing to have a credit card, when you pay it off every month (not spending money you don't have means you pay it off every single month) you get no interest accrued. I get 2% cash back on restaurants and gas, and 1% back on everything else. So when I spend $40 on gas (which I have to do every other day to get to work) I get $.80 back. That shit adds up, and it costs me literally nothing.

If you're not financially retarded there are no downsides to using credit cards instead of debit/bank cards. In 4 years of having my credit card I have never paid a cent of interest and I have gotten approximately $500 in cash back from my purchases on the card. Also I have such a good credit score now that I can afford to buy a house in the city I live in (and want to stay in) within the next year or two (I graduated university this May), so I'll be ready to buy my dream home at a low interest rate when I find it.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Lol, 2 extra seats cost more than half what i paid for LC🤦🏼‍♂️ Have

> fun, I’m sure it’s a blast. If only they were manual with a clutch. Not

> much of a comparison, but that’s why i like the sounds of that Mahindra

> Roxor. If I were a farmer, I could definitely justify one🤑

Well there you go. It’s justified. But it won’t get much use on the farm. I have a tractor & four wheeler for that.

Manual with a clutch would be nice. But it’s belt driven CVT, with primary & secondary clutches (variators) with high & low range. Like a 1000cc four stroke, four wheeled two speed moped with dual variators. And no pedals. Pretty badass, actually. It hauls ass. Stock, it runs about 70mph. I’m still breaking it in, and haven’t gone over 50.

I got the XP model, for 14” of suspension travel, and 13.5” ground clearance, and Walker Evans needle shocks. It rides better than my truck.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

punkrock randy /

Not standard roads i take into and thru mtns, but i gotcha.

15DF75C3-5910-4674-9E34-082162C76D32.jpeg

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Bas Autowas Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I've always found the concept of credit cards quite bizarre to say the

>

> > least. Why would you want to go into debt to buy things?

>

> Americans love to live beyond their means. This country was built on

> creating endless debt.

Let me rephrase that ^^^. This country was railroaded into endless debt shortly after its beginning.

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

Nice ride Seth. Good on you for not going in debt. My dream would be to sell off everything I own (except the Nikon) and travel the country on back roads and trials whilst pursuing my hobby of photography. (edited)

Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

Colorado is awesome. I definitely plan on riding a lot there. And Utah. I freaking love Utah. The combination of desert and mountains and rocks.

I gotta get off here. Time to go out for breakfast and ride.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account