Harbor freight 2stroke generator

Tweaker trash /

I got this hf two stroke generator about 2 years ago at a flea market that I payed $5 bucks for and didn’t think would run. I took it home clean the gas tank, air filter, carb, etc... and it started right up. It’s looks like absolute junk, Everything is smashed in & dent Or missing Something (looks like they threw it down a mountain) but dam does she perform. Iv taken it thrue the ring, iv even left it outside a few times during rain storms, & I use It to burn off old gasoline. This thing does not care! I’m using right now to power my small Bed room. It’s a beast!

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-watt-max-starting-2-cycle-gas-powered-generator-epacarb-63025.html * Moved to this forum by grahammotzing(edited)

Re: Harbor freight 2stroke generator

Always wanted one, thanks for the review, can usually get them for 99.00, but I like your price better! Would be good to charge a battery bank or if it would run small microwave would be awesome for camping. Are people even having garage sales anymore?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

garage sales - yes.

I got one for free and another for like $20. both ran with fuel system cleans and do a great job. I run power tools off them when working in the yard. my real question however is would it be able to start and run a fridge?

Get one of those really small fridges an I'm sure it will. Like the kind that are for your car. Basically a plug in cooler.

I dont think they will run a fridge. I use small 2500 watt inverter gems and they work great. Also super quiet. I ha e a large 6k that I haven't used in years because the inverters are so nice and efficient

Terbo Speghetti /

Not tryna be a downer, but this seems like an off-topic post to me.

But hey, this is great news. I've always been wishy washy about getting one but your rave review put me over the edge

I've got one of those too... black Friday special one year priced at $79 or something. If you read the reviews, they tell you that checking all the bolts / using loctite, possibly changing the spark plug and proper break-in is the key.

Mine has always started and ran with no problems... 900W is "peak" I think and it'll run some tools / fans / simple shop lights but wouldn't run my pressure washer or anything like that. I also drain the fuel before storage so it doesn't gum up.

Maybe the original poster was thinking about using the engine in a bike?

Dirty30 Dillon /

I've also been looking for a small genny for camping/using power heavy tools, and while the price on this is nice, they are FUCKING LOUD.

I'm holding out for a nice used Hondar unit, or something similar

It will not run a full size fridge. Sadly not enough watts for when the compressor motor starts up. You need about 1700 watts for a regular household refrigerator. But they are light and portable (and loud). I ran a TV, fan, and light off one when camping.

I usually run it in a cardboard box with the exhaust side cut open which muffles it pretty good

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I was able to run my electric pressure washer off mine, did just fine. ive also ran my 6hp shop vac, power drills, and other tools. i even tried my cheap harbor freight mig welder but that was a no go.

SOmeone mount one under a maxi frame so this is not off topic

Dirty30 Dillon /

Someone slap a biturbo and a Tomos speedo permanently glued @ 50mph on it.

I picked up an equivelent one for free a few weeks back. It has been sitting for god knows how long in a barn. I added some mix and it started up after a couple of pulls. Then yesterday, I went to clean it up to sell (already have a silent suitcase generator) and it would not start. I checked the fuel was flowing to the carb, it has strong spark and I clean the air filter. The only time it would fire up, was if I dropped some mix in the spark plug hole and it would only last until that fuel was used. My next step is to pop the carb off and give it a proper clean, but it looks a bit complex. There is a very strong possibilty there was super old gas in it and maybe blocked somewhere.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Hard tellin not knowin, but my guess is it's a clogged carb.

I have this inverter:

https://www.firmanpowerequipment.com/shop/inverter-w02981/

I bought it at Costco for around $500. I love it! It’s super quiet- it’s as quiet as the 2000w Hondas, but way more power, & it’s made in USA with a lifetime warranty. I use it dry camping, and as backup power for my fridge & Toyostove oil furnace in power outages.

nice. I always wanted to make a simple 2 stroke in a box just to leave places and make shitloads of noise

Pushrod Fifty /

If you kit it, should power a keg cooler.

Yeah I'd maybe grab one just for kicks.

They are AC so you can't speed then up for more power unless you want like 70 hz

I have a China 80cc 4t ohv motor I've been meaning to bolt a 130 w alternator off a car on to for charging my batteries in my camper, right now I generate ac then it goes into a battery charger, kinda dumb

So you putting on a moped or nah?

Overpriced Parts /

> Jax Rhapsody Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So you putting on a moped or nah?

Is this generator gonna go on a moped with pedals? No ? Then off topic silly!

Haha now in off topic. I have a generac 2200 and an old harbor freight 2500 inverter. Both are awsome. I have used the honda 2000 for work for years and they are awsome. The generac I have is the newest version and also labeled as craftsman and a few others. I got mine from ebay from a pawn outfit for like $350 shipped new I. The box and can hang out and talk next to it while running as it is so quiet.

I saw some video of a guy who had an electric motorcycle, ran outta power and drove it with a diesel generator on the back

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I saw some video of a guy who had an electric motorcycle, ran outta

> power and drove it with a diesel generator on the back

That is cool. Be cool to make a crazy chitty chitty bang bang that runs on a bunch of shit. Gen running an electric motor would be fun. Probably make some good power with the high efficient motors now.

I've heard that generac is pretty good for the money. I'm debating dropping a couple hundred on the 100w solar panels or one of those in the near future for my camper. As it is, it takes me about 2-3 hours of running my Honda 1k to charge battery every other day to power the pump, lights, etc. Solar panels would handle it no prob and never worry about running the engine, but the 2kw genset could handle more 'other stuff' and maybe more versatile? I dunno, we just had a kid so camping is out this summer, I got till next year to decide

Tweaker trash /

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> SOmeone mount one under a maxi frame so this is not off topic

I actually had this idea to mount the entire generator to a moped and use it to power an electric motor and when parked still be a generator. Lmao

Only problem is it shakes like crazy

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account