Fortunately... Unfortunately

I’ve been in quarantine(s) for over a month.

Fortunately I’ve got MA OT to keep me company.

Re: Fortunately... Unfortunately

You're welcome.

Next post is supposed to start with:

Unfortunately...

And so on.

Unfortunately I didn’t make that clear.

Okay, now start (edited)

Unfortunately I've been stuck for three months

Fortunately I have my mopeds and dogs to keep me from losing the rest of my mind.

Fortunately, I've been laid off since march something, got my unemployment right away, and finished a few bike projects, and found some more, so I've been working almost full time on that.

Unfortunately, my Ducati motor doesn't want to cooperate, and I have to split the cases again to find out why it won't shift, and I still need a tank.

Also unfortunately, I rebuilt a totally f'd up piece of crap V1 kickstart motor, new bearings, seals, crankshaft, ignition, polini kit, sprocket shaft and clutch, got it running, new ignition needs to be slotted more to time it, kicked it over and the shaft fell out because the snap ring popped off. Probably. But I haven't cracked the case yet to see why. That was two days work down the drain.

Fortunately, I put my pedal start back on (the Lazer) after putting new seals, bearings, blue springs, etc and it's faster and smoother than ever.

Unfortunately, my virus bonus unemployment ran out, but fortunately, I saved a lot of it since I only spent money on food, smokes and mopeds, so I can coast for awhile til everyone in California dies and I can go back to work.

Kinda getting it. Not supposed to do both a fortunate and unfortunate. It stalls the ad lib.

Fortunately, Treats is still working in California and they shipped me the stuff I need to build a new engine.

I built so much crap but without someone to show it off to and ride em around with all I get outta the crap i'm building is the frustration of constantly fixing it. its crushed my motivation, all the time, none of the motivation

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I built so much crap but without someone to show it off to and ride em

> around with all I get outta the crap i'm building is the frustration of

> constantly fixing it. its crushed my motivation, all the time, none of

> the motivation

For real, man. Fo real.

Lately I just go out to the garage and sit & look at em. No motivation

Fortunately, mopeds will last long enough for a vaccine or natural immunity to happen.

I have been pondering the idea of building an all wood moped. Laminating with fiberglass. Sorta an old school airplane wing looking frame and bow limb type springs. Not because it’s best or necessary. But because it will take forever and I have too much free time.

Unfortunately there was a pitchfork in the haystack

Fortunately,

Horses ate the hay before WillD jumped in.

unfortunately they were meat eating carnivororses, unsated by their meal of hay they moved in for the kill, dull eyes glazed over with one solitary focus- rending flesh from bone. was there hope? nay! NAY, for the bad pun only angered them further and turned their steady unrelenting advance into a frenzied attack of tooth and odd toed ungulate un-cloven hoof

Fortunately, a hay intoxicated herd of carnivororses can become canibicarnivororses. In the frenzy of gnashing, blood, and entrails, they didn’t realize they were eating each other; and themselves.

WillD, covered in blood and horse shit, clambered through the convulsing pile of hot hemorrhaging carcasses unscathed.

Pushrod Fifty /

You can always count on mopeds to unclutter your mind and busy you around the garage.

Unfortunately, I can’t get that time back I spent reading and participating in this thread.

Fortunately, it wasn’t much, and there’s still hope this thread can be revived.

Overpriced Parts /

> Seth B Wrote:

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I built so much crap but without someone to show it off to and ride em

>

> > around with all I get outta the crap i'm building is the frustration

> of

>

> > constantly fixing it. its crushed my motivation, all the time, none of

>

> > the motivation

>

> For real, man. Fo real.

>

> Lately I just go out to the garage and sit & look at em. No motivation

Yeah I’m looking at the Magnum MKII (originally MKII) or Magnum II project now like I do during my one of many insomnia nights I have several times a week,

Contemplating what I should do but no motivation to start on it because for one I have to move several things around and put something in its place just to make room to start/have space to work on it. (My son and and I just finished a maxi project don’t know what we’re gonna do with it yet and now even less work space)

And number two I got enough magnums so after built, tuned and ridden for a while would probably have to go/be sold.

5C188B5C-3DCD-44A5-8013-E34000E2CC98.jpeg

The same things go through my head like it did a few nights ago, a week ago, month ago, year ago etc. should I completely restore the tank (which is nice inside) or just put it on with minor fork dents on it?

Should I use brand new five star wheels that cost $320 for both of them not including the hubs So with hubs, new 2.75 tires that are in the picture and tubes it would be like $450 or should I use a cheeper though in excellent shape spoke rims cheeper tires and tubes For 1/2 price of that? I got a set of flakes from a pinto2 but they’re for spares,

Should I source all perfect parts like fenders, Side covers, trunk, rack dash, pedal crank pedals, new chains, mint controls, switches, cables etc. or use old unrestored covers, used chains, and cables, Rusted/scratched fenders, rack Lights, old switches etc.?

There will still be some stuff needed either way like switch bases, chain covers, trunk door, hardware, fasteners etc.

Spring forks, hydro or aftermarket? I got first two though they need some work done to them and I would rather hang onto the hydraulic one for a spare, shocks with some rust on them or new?

Should I just put on a stock engine doing minimal work, should I rebuild the stock engine? should I keep the stock engine bottom and go withmild/cheep kit, cheep carb and pipe? should I rebuild the engine and kit it or go all out with a high-powered rebuilt engine and expensive carb and pipe?

Even putting it together the cheapest stockish way would cost some money not considering what I paid for it to begin with so I’d be lucky to get my money back selling it with not including my time but I only like to build something halfway nice and half way fast, a not so nice looking stock bike to me is a campground/farmers bike,

Well I’m done looking and contemplating for today I’m gonna try to go to bed probably going to do the same thing tomorrow, next day, next week

Unfortunately,

Roffman is stuck in moped builder’s analysis paralysis and WillD needs him to finish a bike for him so he can go home and take a shower.

Fortunately, MAP (Moped Analysis paralysis) doesn’t last too long. Usually.

Fortunately, I put new headlights and rear speakers in my Honda Civic yesterday so I got a break from frustrating moped problems.

Overpriced Parts /

> Papa _ Wrote:

> Unfortunately,

>

> Roffman is stuck in moped builder’s analysis paralysis and WillD needs

> him to finish a bike for him so he can go home and take a shower.

That bike project is in my lower level, A bathroom with shower is about 25 feet away ;)

unfortunately the bathroom is even lower priority on the fix list than the magnum, and rw sewage is backing up the shower drain

Fortunately (?), WillD doesn’t care about a shower anymore. The Prion disease that caused the carnivororses has penetrated his blood brain barrier and began to take hold of his mind.

unfortunately my smell has offended and dispersed any would-be prey. no shit I really fucking stink right now. I mean not working and just curling up in this stuffy side office room with nobody to impress i'm not even using deodorant, i'm pretty stinky.

Fortunately... Internet.

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> unfortunately my smell has offended and dispersed any would-be prey. no

> shit I really fucking stink right now. I mean not working and just

> curling up in this stuffy side office room with nobody to impress i'm

> not even using deodorant, i'm pretty stinky.

Yuck I hate B.O.

Unfortunately,

Corona virus stops the sense of taste and smell. So, even though Roffman has fled to safety, a group of infected people are heading to Roffmans house to get one last ride on those sweet sweet magnums. Not realizing their fate awaiting them there.

punkrock randy /

Fortunately I have continued having work through this pandemic.

Unfortunately some of that work is to install a camera system in an old cold war era secret bunker. Each state had one to hide away top officials in. More dead mice and whatnot in the bottom than I’ve ever wanted to smell decomposing.

72F71114-6322-46EF-ABB5-8046AF76D55B.jpeg
46393E13-CBD6-4A70-89E8-B85F4D122766.jpeg
9B9C7489-42DB-4C01-935F-2CD3E60DD2F8.jpeg

cool! Fortunately I know the installer and can ask

"where's the camera system and how do I turn it off if I want to explore weird old bunkers"

Overpriced Parts /

Those bunkers are so cool I definitely would love to turn one into my household But it would have to be near where I live now Because I love the area!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account