Cheapest motorized thing with shipping available

Looking for something with a small gas engine just to ride around my property

I know that if I wanna find something good I'm gonna have to rent a truck and drive somewhere, but I was wondering if anyone found any cheap Chinese crap on ebay that fits my vague description and can be shipped.

I found this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTOTEC-GAS-49cc-MINI-CHOPPER-AIR-COOLED-ORANGE-/264808142125?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

Any other dumb, probably-gonna-break-after-a-week, stuff is appreciated

Re: Cheapest motorized thing with shipping available

I bought this for my son from amazon in Germany.

125cc, manual clutch, 4 speed.

$700 shipped.

It needed the wiring fidgeted with to get it running. The connectors were so sloppy and loose.

Hauls both of us ~250lbs easily and besides the wiring connection, seems to be well made.

Pic might help 🤦🏻

The listings are confusing sometimes. Don’t get the $500 50cc toddler one.

Look specifically for 110 or 125cc and manual transmission.

FCA667EE-323F-467E-8344-9D5FA239714E.jpeg

Apparently American amazon and eBay has banned the things or lost inventory.

Can’t find them anymore but they used to be all over amazon. Creeping in with adds.

This site has them:

https://gokartsusa.com/125cc-dirt-bikes-2.aspx

But they’re listing them for $799 and that’s probably before freight cost.

That’s getting into the price range of, “why not just buy a used Japanese factory brand?”

Still, I wanted to mention it because I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and power for the price of my son’s bike.

Pushrod Fifty /

Chinese shit, Im so happy that they arent available.

I'd look at traditional mini-bikes over that thing. I've seen them on sale at tractor supply around black friday or Christmas.

I've looked on gokartusa before and the stuff was enticing, just way to expensive considering there's quality stuff from reputable OEMs in that price range

My wife told me today that there’s a place 2 hours from us selling the 50cc dirt bikes for 150€

That’s more like the actual price of these things.

To let my kid tear it up, I think it’s worth that much.

I totally agree that paying near $1K is silly for a Chinese bike.

The one I got was definitely worth the $700 paid though. So, I’m torn. Chinese stuff is getting better. It’s a fact.

MICHAEL FRENCH /

Engine kit on your bicycle from places like bike berry or gas bike net like 200 bucks for a complete kit, i have 2 on beach cruisers, one has about 1500 miles on it through this quarantine, Running great still

I've heard those things just rattle themselves apart on any forum that mentions them

I'd always been interested though, just dissuaded because of the bad rep.

Might look into that now...

> Jamie R Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've heard those things just rattle themselves apart on any forum that

> mentions them

>

> I'd always been interested though, just dissuaded because of the bad

> rep.

>

> Might look into that now...

I think it depends on the brand you get. Some of them like ssr and apollo are pretty good. My buddy got his kids into motocross and wanted to ride a little with them and didn't want to spend alot on himself so he got an apollo 125 with clutch and the Thing would wheelie for days and could do a triple with his 160 pounds. They make tons of aftermarket shit for them. There is a few private tracks around here that you can only race little pit bikes. My buddy has a little Suzuki 110 with clutch less shift and it rips pretty good with my 220lb ass. Super fun little bikes. I am tempted to toss a piranha 140 on this but don't realy want to hack it up.

20200730_223136.jpg

Try looking at "Taco Minibikes" way low cost and you can put what you like for power in it. I had one when I was four or five and it ran forever. Wish I still had it.

My friend bought a Coleman minibike and he likes it.

Why not look for a used old mini bike? I've found quite a few under 100 bucks and probably only need a little tinkering to get running plus itll last and you can get your money back if you were to sell it in the future.

there's a guy at my work asking me fore something similar. It seems the days of $100 minibikes are gone, In the past year I've not seen one under 500 that wasn't wholly trashed.

You can pick up a rigid minibike with basically those harbor freight predator motors around 500 new though. Probably a good option for bopping around your property.

Honestly those honda clones like papa posted are pretty decent, they're not gonna last hundreds of hours but they're cheap and suspension and brakes are very good for the price.

Personally I'd be getting cheap old trash and making it work cuz that's fun and cheaper but it doesn't sound like what you're looking for.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

I just got a K-pipe 4 months ago. Sticker was $1666 and it’s awesome. Two year warranty from a local shop and all. So far only had them weld the shifter bolt as it snapped on me.

Smooth racing tires though but you could easily replace them with dirt ones as they’re just a hair above moped sized and 17”

> Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I just got a K-pipe 4 months ago. Sticker was $1666 and it’s awesome.

> Two year warranty from a local shop and all. So far only had them weld

> the shifter bolt as it snapped on me.

>

> Smooth racing tires though but you could easily replace them with dirt

> ones as they’re just a hair above moped sized and 17”

Kymco makes pretty good stuff. Had a guy at work with a 250 scooter. Grand dink, haha. He rode and hour each way to work on 45 to 50 mph. Never had a problem. Very nice honda clones

Kymco is an excellent make. WAY better than the china crap.

Pushrod Fifty /

The Honda shop was selling Kymco shifty 50s a few years back. Looked pretty cool.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I tried to rent a kpipe, I did rde it a bit, I actually wound up on a kymco scooter. kpipe is cool

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

K-pipe had so many good ideas that don’t seem to be legal lol

Like the side alien looking blinkers in the front. They’re fake bulbs. I gotta wire them up someday.

And the recalled heal-toe gear shifting. I want that so bad.

yea the old supercubs had faux "winker" lights on the handlebars. some places and later models got actual blinkers wired up but most were just fake bulbs. and the heel toe shifting too

The passport has it's stalk blinkers coming from where the bar-mount ones should be, Zuma has spot for blinkers in the tail light housing, but has stalks cuz us law.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account