"I like my mopeds."

Great video but 0:50 is where it's at;

Re: "I like my mopeds."

I am well versed in Appalachian. I thought I knew most of it.

Guy at work called my moped a liquor cycle. Pronounced “licker-sickle”

That was new to me but I love it.

Pushrod Fifty /

Yea mopeds had a bad rap in the 70s. Anyone that rode one was either a serioys drunk, because police rarely DWI'd people unless they were in an accident, and people that had VW bugs and used the ped as a second car.

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yea mopeds had a bad rap in the 70s. Anyone that rode one was either a

> serioys drunk, because police rarely DWI'd people unless they were in an

> accident, and people that had VW bugs and used the ped as a second car.

I got some old school bumper mount racks I want to put on my bug to haul a ped.

Seen those, I think they were for bicycles? Make sure your bumper mounts are solid, I would do some pretty unspeakable things for a solid air-cooled standard bug! :)

Mine is solidish hahaa.

20200530_163224.jpg

Very nice, I can't even tell you the last time I saw an air-cooled in MN, except at the VW show, which is getting smaller every year and I don't think was even held this year. :( What sins does the diamond plate at the front mounts cover? ;) I was so into these as a kid and younger man, I had a silly dream of trying to recreate the whole pan in stainless steel to sell to restorers. I clearly underestimated the market....but man I LOVE those cars, my fave was my '71 super convert....no digital pics, but she was pretty! My dad called it the mobile oil slick.... Your car would bring big money here, if the pan is solid, and the beam....looks great, really takes me back. :)

I had a 74 super. The strut front end was a horrible idea. The torsion bars were indestructible. If I ever get another, it will absolutely be a standard beetle.

I think the diamond plate is just filling the hole from a bumper swap. The original was probably the kind with the crush shock thing and had a bigger hole.

I love simple vehicles (mopeds) and the VW was as simple as a riding lawn mower. Had a very solid feel due to everything being round. Drove through snow like it had tracks.

Wish my garage had one again.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Very nice, I can't even tell you the last time I saw an air-cooled in

> MN, except at the VW show, which is getting smaller every year and I

> don't think was even held this year. :( What sins does the diamond plate

> at the front mounts cover? ;) I was so into these as a kid and younger

> man, I had a silly dream of trying to recreate the whole pan in

> stainless steel to sell to restorers. I clearly underestimated the

> market....but man I LOVE those cars, my fave was my '71 super

> convert....no digital pics, but she was pretty! My dad called it the

> mobile oil slick.... Your car would bring big money here, if the pan is

> solid, and the beam....looks great, really takes me back. :)

It's a new England car so it's not super solid. Floors are decent but the pan under the battery has been replaced and is pretty common. The diamond plate covers the triangle holes from the old shock bumpers. It's a rat so I figured the diamond plate I had sitting around would be fine. Beam was pretty trashed but welded it up with complete rebuild with drop spindles and disc swap. Someone half assed a patch plate

20200306_161754.jpg
20200308_185238.jpg
20200310_173519.jpg

All rebuilt. A buddy of mine stopped by on his trike yesterday

20200327_231737.jpg
20200409_182522.jpg
20200725_120756.jpg

Axle looks great, so does the trike, not seen one of those since the late '70's! Got to be strange to ride!

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Axle looks great, so does the trike, not seen one of those since the

> late '70's! Got to be strange to ride!

Yeah it doesn't steer well with the rake. Guy is fuckin nuts. Never wears a shirt and has a huge chain around his neck and big beard, haha. Super nice guy

I remember seeing groups of those trikes on road trips back in the day, some with trailers, all were ridden by people who looked like your friend, and they all looked happy as hell to be out there. :)

Larry Picarello /

Figures that the moped is a Kinetic.

Like I've always said about them..."third world tough"

I used to use a lot of those terms and slang growing up. My mom's side is really southern VA/Northern NC. I trah 'ta hihed iht, but it'all come out 'ta bit.

I want an old Type 1, but don't think I can fit. Might hafta pull a Hightower.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account