These revel riders are getting out of hand

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Re: These revel riders are getting out of hand

They call it gods waiting room for a reason.....what a bunch of morons!

punkrock randy /

I need more funny things like this in my life🤘🏼 Stubborn old assholes. Wait, was one of them =D~onFlohiO??!?

Overpriced Parts /

It’s the same thing if you riding a stock Moped or a ebike going only 20-30mph, It’s very dangerous not to keep with the flow of traffic.

Stock speed slow take off mopeds are good for a campground or housing development use basically, to go anywhere far on a open road with most stock models of mopeds and ebike/escooters is risky especially with today’s distracted hurried drivers,

I’ve seen several close calls lately (and aftermath of a accident) on Single lane Mostly no passing roads with the car in front of me trying to pass a slow Suv going just a few miles slower then speed limit only to find out a ebike/electric scooter was in front of the car they were passing and had to squeeze between oncoming traffic and bike.

At the same time, if people can't manage to drive on the same roads as slower mopeds or ebikes without causing an accident, I think the fault belongs to the driver. but you're right theres a small percentage that still with the huge volume of drivers makes up a significant number of distracted drivers who acn't handle minor inconveniences or having to devote attention to what theyre doing

I know a guy who works for revel and rides mopeds

hahahaha @ morons who think that "the speed limit" is the speed you more or less have to go or there is something wrong with you and you deserve to be injured... PHOQUE THAT - stay to the right and do whatever speed you want, only time it is unlawful is if there is a minimum speed posted OR you are not to the right of the lane.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> At the same time, if people can't manage to drive on the same roads as

> slower mopeds or ebikes without causing an accident, I think the fault

> belongs to the driver. but you're right theres a small percentage that

> still with the huge volume of drivers makes up a significant number of

> distracted drivers who acn't handle minor inconveniences or having to

> devote attention to what theyre doing

>

> I know a guy who works for revel and rides mopeds

I just met this guy, he swung by my shop to grab a grande.

SMALL WORLD

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Kens Public Service Announcements. Good stuff.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I will concur with WillD tho, mopeds and scooters are legal on road vehicles, at any speed they are capable of.

Just because the dude behind me wants to go 15-20 over, doesn't give them the right to pass the solid line or endanger the rider/drivers on the road.

I can't believe a moped or a power chair would be legal on the bridge shown, just like you can't walk, ride a bicycle or a moped on a highway. Those wheelchair things are how disabled people "walk" so they should be ok anywhere a pedestrian can go, but there ARE for good reasons places you are not allowed to walk. I bet one of those guys was Don.... ;D Living his life don't you know...

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

My first moped rally was first time I think I was on any major 55mph roads going slow but it’s either enjoy life or die on the couch I guess. Or both.

it wont let me open the link

I once rode over the queensboro bridge on an express SR, coincidentally riding dubs with the aforementioned friend haha

It was definitely not safe haha, but no regrets. Once we realized everyone else was still in Queens we decided NOT to risk the bridge again and enjoy a romantic tour of manhattan. Got lots of catcalls through the village of gentlemen hollering "room for three?"

That bridge has double solid yellow lines. That means NO passing period! Wouldn't matter if they were off to the side or not. One could not pass without crossing a double yellow. Honestly they have no plates and are not intended for street use. They need ticketed and impounded.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> it wont let me open the link

>

> I once rode over the queensboro bridge on an express SR, coincidentally

> riding dubs with the aforementioned friend haha

>

> It was definitely not safe haha, but no regrets. Once we realized

> everyone else was still in Queens we decided NOT to risk the bridge

> again and enjoy a romantic tour of manhattan. Got lots of catcalls

> through the village of gentlemen hollering "room for three?"

The Queensborough is the easier bridge to cross, given how flat it is, but it can be hazardous. Really a toss up between the WillyB and that for safety. If I was cruising two up like that, I probs would have just blasted the pedestrian rather than wind up a pancake.

Next time you're in NYC hit us up and I'll give you a bike to wonk out on.

Ken said: ` It’s the same thing if you riding a stock Moped or a ebike going only 20-30mph, It’s very dangerous not to keep with the flow of traffic.'

This is true. Today there were FOUR 20 mph electric `whatsits'( looked like mini-bikes) in front of me doing my 35mph on a 2 mile straight stretch with no passing allowed.

I ran the Aerostar within 50 feet of them and followed them ,protecting them from a nut who was riding my bumper,ready to pass.

They were just a Mother and her kids,looked like. At the light they pulled over and let everyone by.

I always use a canoeing analogy when talking about motorcycle riding.

If you aren’t going faster than the current, you have no control.

Not 100% right. Not saying go 30mph faster.

Just easier/safer to see what’s ahead and deal with that than driving in your mirrors and hoping to get out of the way of someone about to rear end or mirror slap you.

I ride mopeds for fun and motorcycles to get places. If I was going to commute with a moped (got to have an understanding boss for that) I would absolutely need it to go faster than the traffic on the roads I was on and stop as fast as anything on that road.

Asking a lot from a moped.

Higher speeds increase the risk of getting seriously injured. Sure some Karen can hit you with an SUV, but lower speeds decrease that risk.

Higher speeds make you less visible, make you less aware of danger and will just make you fall harder when you fall.

These are all well researched subjects, its not rocket science.

Yeah. I figured I’d get a response like that.

I was trying to give the visualization that it’s better to be moving forward in traffic than being the slow one constantly being overtaken.

You can accomplish that by going 1mph faster than the average speed of traffic.

I’ll gladly risk the danger of ~5 mph extra to be concentrating on the road ahead and not what’s coming up behind.

And if you’re going slow and ignoring what’s behind you, trusting all the approaching vehicle drivers to watch out for you and keep you safe...

I'll finish for Papa, since Bas is pretty slow.LOL!

.........then yer gonna be disappointed. You can't trust people behind you. Get out of the way if you're slow.

Fuck off you homophobic piece of shit.

Dirty30 Dillon /
DmbzJspWwAEprcQ.jpg

Don,

I’m not saying they should get out of the way.

I just don’t feel like I’m making a good decision to take a slow vehicle on a fast road.

And making a moped keep up with traffic while also being safe is not practical.

That’s why my mopeds are for backroad fun rides and proper street bikes for commuting.

Wish it wasn’t like that. German roads and drivers are much better with mopeds. I’m sure I’ll miss that when I get back home.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > it wont let me open the link

>

> >

>

> > I once rode over the queensboro bridge on an express SR,

> coincidentally

>

> > riding dubs with the aforementioned friend haha

>

> >

>

> > It was definitely not safe haha, but no regrets. Once we realized

>

> > everyone else was still in Queens we decided NOT to risk the bridge

>

> > again and enjoy a romantic tour of manhattan. Got lots of catcalls

>

> > through the village of gentlemen hollering "room for three?"

>

> The Queensborough is the easier bridge to cross, given how flat it is,

> but it can be hazardous. Really a toss up between the WillyB and that

> for safety. If I was cruising two up like that, I probs would have just

> blasted the pedestrian rather than wind up a pancake.

>

> Next time you're in NYC hit us up and I'll give you a bike to wonk out

> on.

this was the MPG rally I think? like pre upjet maybe even?

I'm watching CBS THIS MORNING, and they keep calling them mopeds.

I ride bicycles a lot, always on the road, so I'm pretty comfortable with going slower than traffic. I got knocked by a mirror once, and had some pretty awful folks get real upset about it, but that still seems like their problem rather than mine. Definitely had one dude go psycho at me and actively try to murder me with his car, so that inspired some due caution. But the only accidents I've had, mopeds bikes motorcycles etc have pretty much been exclusively drivers impatient and/or not paying attention at intersections.

or me being an idiot and asking for it. but that's not really an "accident" then is it.

Dirty30 Dillon /

https://nypost.com/2020/07/28/man-dies-after-crashing-revel-scooter-in-queens/

Revel is suspending service in NYC until they can ensure people riding are safely equipped to do so.

^ No surprise, they may not be back, those bikes look pretty big, and to allow people with no experience to ride them is just asking for trouble, we take our riding skills for granted, most people can't chew gum and walk at the same time, much less lean to ride safely from a video, helmets or not, people are going to get hurt and killed, not sure how anyone insures services like this? At least these bikes are fit for the road, those lime and bird things are an even bigger menace, except they are slower.

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

I personally don't see how this is Revel's fault. Sure, they are providing the vehicle, but as a rider you are responsible for what you do. I don't think this will be the end of Revel, but i'm not sure what they will need to do to appease big brother. I feel like

Sure the NIU bikes are kinda big but they are pretty stable for being a scooter and have lovely brakes. It's just weird i guess because i don't think most people are fit to operate any vehicle in the city be it a car, bicycle, moped, scooter, whatever.

In terms of the article; 3:15am and he slams into a light pole. Guy had to be fucked up, maybe not but...

It all just reminds me of the "Mopeds Are Dangerous" stickers. Like dont be a jackass. idk. I like Revel.

"I don't think most people are fit to operate any vehicle in the city" THIS is the problem, it is safer to rent cars, as if you have a dl you have had at least some experience with them, where most have never ridden a scooter. I thought the same thing when reading the accident info, had to be wasted. How do you prevent that? Sure Revel is not at fault, but they are down a bike, bad publicity and the fool will sue them anyway, even if he loses, they have to pay to defend themselves, I wish we had Revel here, would love to test out one of those bikes, maybe even buy one when retired from service, but it seems too dangerous to let just any meathead off the street rent one. Sadly the age of personal responsibility has passed, people think if there is something there it must be safe for me, never mind they have never done it, or are under the influence etc, if you OWN that bike, you have a vested interest in it, and have the skills to ride it safely.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Ban Hertz renta car! Cars crash and people get hurt hurr

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account