where to search for rental homes

I used to rent houses off craigslist, you'd make a list call people see 'em and rent one. Now it seems to be ~95% scams or "rent-to-own" deals or rental property management BS. and then all the like rent.com or trulia are all just big commercial units.

Is it facebook marketplace too now?

trying to find a home for my mom near here. craigslist seems totally useless now.

Re: where to search for rental homes

Pushrod Fifty /

Try a real estate agent, they can show you multiple places at one time and the owner pays their comission.

Depending on your mom's age check the local Senior Center for advocacy groups that help find housing for older folks.

They also may direct you to a local agent or agents familiar with the area and you can trust.

I use Zillow. It also helps to just drive around the area you want to rent in and call off the signs in yards

Overpriced Parts /

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Try a real estate agent, they can show you multiple places at one time

> and the owner pays their comission.

That’s ^ a Good option

And maybe try this:

https://www.forrent.com/find/OH/metro-Cleveland/Cleveland+Heights/extras-House-Townhouse

thanks y'all, we've been doing some driving around and found some maybe's. My mom's a tricky lady to please, she has a hard time committing, and also has attached some weird negative stigma to renting as she's owned all her life. She wants to buy a place here, but I'm like dud, rent a place 1st so you can actually have an idea what you're getting into and actually look at places before you commit to buying from a state away. She's in Schenectady, outside Albany ny now

Trulia, Zillow, or Remax searches always covered me. Craigslist was hit or miss and the "good" ones were always cross posted on one of the above.

yea, most of my adult life up to even just 5 years ago we had great success with craigslist, but to the prior topic - it's time to bury craigslist. Trulia and Zillow have been on point so far.

My tried ,and true way has always been just riding around looking for places that have for rent signs up outside.Thats how I got my place I have now.Or you could maybe just go straight to a rental agency,and ask what they have .

todd amundson /

Hey what’s average pricing for a two bedroom one bath bungalow out there?

Overpriced Parts /

> todd amundson Wrote:

> Hey what’s average pricing for a two bedroom one bath bungalow out

> there?

There’s very few tiny houses like that here and in Heights area Cleveland Heights,, shaker heights Etc,

Most houses are huge but there’s a small section of streets a few miles away from my hood that used to be small bungalows/cottages/summer houses that were for rent by the week or a month during the season when Geauga lake amusement park and Sea world were still open

They were pretty much the only houses in the area before all the new homes and country clubs got built around them So some smaller older houses are for rent or to buy for pretty cheap considering how nice the area is with parks, nature, winding country roads and how convenient it is with shopping Centers, Target and Walmart is in walking distance,

Area is safe and is one of the best places to live in Ohio given everything including climate

C861841F-D72C-4FEE-985C-DDAA995B957F.jpeg
CED1E1B6-6B93-43D4-876F-1D9DF942B755.jpeg
2CE4DB3E-BA45-46E1-B14A-244303CC1215.jpeg

That's cool, we always had the best luck in those 'postwar' neighborhoods back when we were renting. We did 6 month leases in big apartment complexes before while we were looking for a more permanent place as well.

Growing up in Parma I lived in a 3 bed 1 bath house in a decent neighborhood that my family paid $70,000 for and built a large 3 car garage in the back yard. Had a pool too. Similar houses are in the 90k range now.

After my mom moved out of my grandparents house we moved in to a 4 bed 2 bath 2500 sq ft split level in a much nicer part of Parma that they bought for $160k (around 2012). Leaving the Cleveland suburbs definitely shocked me with how housing markets are so much more expensive, even in Columbus comparatively. Denver/Cali is on a whole different level though

Overpriced Parts /

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> Growing up in Parma I lived in a 3 bed 1 bath house in a decent

> neighborhood that my family paid $70,000 for and built a large 3 car

> garage in the back yard. Had a pool too. Similar houses are in the 90k

> range now.

>

> After my mom moved out of my grandparents house we moved in to a 4 bed 2

> bath 2500 sq ft split level in a much nicer part of Parma that they

> bought for $160k (around 2012). Leaving the Cleveland suburbs definitely

> shocked me with how housing markets are so much more expensive, even in

> Columbus comparatively. Denver/Cali is on a whole different level though

Wow in the 70s I worked at Parma theater on ridge rd and would commute on good weather days from 114th and Clifton in Cleveland on my Moped!

Parma was very cool back then and still is,

I loved Staying up and watching The ghoul show late night even when I had to get up early and deliver newspapers I loved that he would blow stuff up with fire crackers like models and dolls Even though fireworks were banned in the city!

And when the ghoul show came and visited the Parma theater it was kinda funny,

He was all about Parma and it’s Polish heritage

Froggy was hilarious and Saturday night live Mr. Bill Producers stole the concept from it,

I don’t remember much of Ghoulardi show/guy that came before him it but was great too.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account