Johnson Colt outboard, not a moped but I'd trade it for ped(s)

FB_IMG_1591387378931.jpg
IMG_20200710_173423404.jpg
IMG_20200710_173322183.jpg

80's Johnson Colt 1.2HP

single cylinder, two-stroke, rebuilt/refurbished w new carb stuffs, gaskets, water pump, etc.

runs great, 360* tiller, direct gear drive, 24lbs, onboard fuel tank

I'd be into clean complete stock bikes like: full rigid square seat post '74/5/6/7/8 Ciao, '79 red n black Hobbit PA50-I, Gloria Blanco w V1

Re: Johnson Colt outboard, not a moped but I'd trade it for ped(s)

With so little HP you are better of with an electric outboard these days. Johnson 2 strokes are also a great way to waste gas.

And electric bikes are more advanced, efficient and reliable than 70's 80's two stroke mopeds but here we are :)

faster than my 40lb Minn Kota (even a 55lb thrust electric is still under 1HP) and hella lighter to take places than carrying around a monster deep cycle battery

Sure wish you were closer ..those little motors are perfect for running the back water and inlets on the river on a 10 or 12 ft alum boat...

I love those little johnsons. I had a 2 hp like it. Ended up selling it and got a larger Yamaha for my 1956 12 foot feather craft car topper.

Pushrod Fifty /
159459811269254770914.jpg

Had one just like, I brought it a few years back, like 1987. Hard to find small 2t's nowadays. Lucky I found this Nissan 2.5 on cl for $50.00. After going through it, its a 1 to 2 pull start cold and will plane out my dingy for about 45 min. on a tankfull.

I think I got a parts tohatsu 2.5 motor if you need any parts. I think I also got like a 2.2 Suzuki.

Pushrod Fifty /

I would if one is complete and I can get it running.

oh cool, we had a similar one on a boat at our old atlanta shop. I traced down it's problems to the CDI, but the replacement cost was over 100 bucks and that was way more than the boat was worth. In the end we took a brief effort trying to reclaim the boat's trailer to haul bikes, decided that also wasn't worth the effort (mostly of having a nonrunning boat with no way to move it) and I think I gave it away. Mghtve gotten 75 bucks for it. Honestly I might've paid someone 75 bucks to take it. I don't really remember anymore. boats are fun but super impractical if you're not right on water.

108728184_3421364287883387_9118375579773260141_n.jpg
115977778_3421364197883396_6280764133706912512_n.jpg
109777615_3421364147883401_143761055196949641_n.jpg

this Colt doesnt have a new home yet but i picked up another air-cooled gamefisher 1.2 and with a lil digging through my stash for a fender bushing (sachs or avanti i think) , hobbit variator roller cage screws and vespa airscreen plus a random plug boot and airbox base... a lil elbow grease and its picked up, fixed, running and sold in the same weekend

^nice!

Bought this Johnson 9.9 yesterday.

IMG_20200801_212441.jpg

Has electric start, still need to convert to remote control but taking it for a test spin today.

Anyone here know which Japanese company made these? It says Bombardier on the hood, but made in Japan on the engine.

Pushrod Fifty /

Tohatsu makes most of the small outboards for all of the brands except Honda, but Bombardier does make their own larger ones. Bombardier brought out OMC- Johnson, Evinrude in the early 2000s.

IMG_20200719_095241430_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200730_182128500.jpg

I fixed and re-homed a buncha these this summer. Picking up a gamefisher (Sears/Tanaka) 3.0hp Friday. I have a thing for those lil light, loud, air-cooled thumpers. (edited)

> Monti S Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I fixed and re-homed a buncha these this summer. Picking up a gamefisher

> (Sears/Tanaka) 3.0hp Friday. I have a thing for those lil light, loud,

> air-cooled thumpers.

Haha I got a couple of little Nissan tohatsu thumpers that need a free home. Parts engines. I love my little 4hp yamaha thumper

Pushrod Fifty /

Looking for a 4hp 2 stroke for my dingy to get me up the CT river with a little more speed than the 2.5, and have a remote tank. The 4hp twins run quieter and are the lightest for the size.

I used to have a lil 4hp tomos two stroke. Very light, relatively fast and pretty indestructible . Don't know if you have them in the US though.

Pushrod Fifty /

Never seen a Tomos outboard here.

I've seen a pic of one, think it was on here, but I suck at the search thing.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account