RIP Secoriea Turner

8 year old tragicly killed in a tragic time that needs to end......you are in a much safer place now little angel...get your wings and fly high..

Re: RIP Secoriea Turner

So young. I hope the evil monster or monsters are brought to justice and burn in hell for all time

They've got to get this stuff under control. Look at Chicago...……….way too much lawlessness allowed. Weak officials not enforcing laws and sentences.

Yes Don, ban guns!

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yes Don, ban guns!

Like Chicago?

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> They've got to get this stuff under control. Look at Chicago...……….way

> too much lawlessness allowed. Weak officials not enforcing laws and

> sentences.

"Stuff"?

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> So young. I hope the evil monster or monsters are brought to justice and

> burn in hell for all time

I agree and if there has ever been a need for justice this is the time for it.....it was senceless stupidity....i guess this has hit me so hard because i have 3 grand daughters that just turned 9 and i think how it would be how it would effect me if something happened to one of them...my heart goes out completely to the little ones family..

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > They've got to get this stuff under control. Look at Chicago...……….way

>

> > too much lawlessness allowed. Weak officials not enforcing laws and

>

> > sentences.

>

> "Stuff"?

Evil. I am going to ask you and the others not to come in this thread trying to stir things....i started this to honor a murdered child and want to keep it as such...i appreciate and thank you all if you will do that please..

> Seth B Wrote:

> > Bas Autowas Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Yes Don, ban guns!

>

> Like Chicago?

Even though Chicago is on the right track they unfortunately haven't banned guns.

Yes, ban guns. Like Mexico, it's worked out great there!

Oh and maybe like drugs here, that's worked out great too!

Doesnt matter how many laws you put in place, people that commit crimes are still gonna commit crimes. You'll just pull the guns out of law abiding citizens hands.

Over here only criminals and cops have guns and they both only use them to shoot criminals. Works perfectly.

One of my neighbors was an illegal arms dealer and he got 10 bullets in his back last new year's eve, the neighborhood is a better place since.

Dirty30 Dillon /

This is a tragedy amongst tragedies, but saying we need to "end all this stuff" is useless.

She is (so unfortunately) one of dozens of cases of innocent people killed by gun violence in the last year or so.

Anyone guilty of shooting someone should be charged.

Whether it's this armed civilian or Jonathan Mattingly, Brett Hankison, and Myles Cosgrove who shot Breonna Taylor, amongst a pile of other PO's who are guilty of misuse of their firearms and power.

I mean it seems pretty clearly that this tragedy is the result of two factions both assured that theyre right and the opposition is dangerous, and both weilding guns and ready to use them. It's what happens when a "good guy with a gun" comes against a "good guy with a gun and a differnt position"

Like there was some other dude in atlanta got shot at for pulling out an AK47 after driving through a protest. 100% the "good guy with a gun" narrative applies equally to both sides. on his end, pulling out that gun to protect himself against the perceived threat of a large "dangerous" crowd - you could totally argue he was the "good guy with a gun" in the right trying to defend himself.

But at the same time, in this day a man obviously agressive to your position pulls up to a crowd of people with an assault rifle, you had better shoot that man to prevent a mass killing. Shooting someone for pulling out a weapon near a crowd is exactly what a "good guy with a gun" is supposed to be doing

anyway when guns come down to it, inevitably they cause more harm than good more often than not. I'm not trying to argue here banning or anything but that's an important reality to recognize, far too often there's no clear good guy or bad guy, just people and guns.

Also relating to the chicago ban guns point, does anyone here believe that Chicago would be safer if they had easier access to guns? (i'm just south of chicago now)

Our culture is too "sick" to allow most people to have guns, we simply are not smart enough. But there are something like 2.3 guns for everyone here, so not sure what can be done. As to the little girl, a crying shame, but no less so than all the kids killed by "stray" bullets every year. There was a comedian that had the right idea about this, can't remember who, but the idea was make a bullet cost $10,000 dollars, there would be no more "stray" bullets! :)

Stephen lamented: `Our culture is too "sick" to allow most people to have guns, we simply are not smart enough.'

I really didn't think you considered yourself dumb,Stephen. Maybe you SHOULDN'T own any guns if you have that low of self-esteem.

BTW, speak for yourself.

I'd still rather have the right to defend myself than wait for the police to show up. Apply the "because a bad person had a gun so nobody gets guns" doesnt work. People will still get guns, or they'll use some other method of killing. Also saying that if I bullet was expensive it would cut down on strays, that wouldn't work either because most people still can make their own ammunition, hell they can make a gun in prison with simple tools so that wouldn't stop it either.

It's a cultural thing with propping up shooters names in media for 5 minutes of fame, its parents not teaching their kids about responsibility and firearm training, it's the pop culture advocating violence.

People have always killed people, there were wars and mass killing before guns were around too.

We have the 2nd ammendment because we just fought a revolutionary war against a tyrannical government and that quite possibly is going to happen again.

giphy-56.gif

> The Dude Wrote:

> It's a cultural thing

Culture can be changed, get rid of all the magnum sucking dickheads.

> The Dude Wrote:

> I'd still rather have the right to defend myself than wait for the

> police to show up. Apply the "because a bad person had a gun so nobody

> gets guns" doesnt work. People will still get guns, or they'll use some

> other method of killing. Also saying that if I bullet was expensive it

> would cut down on strays, that wouldn't work either because most people

> still can make their own ammunition, hell they can make a gun in prison

> with simple tools so that wouldn't stop it either.

>

> It's a cultural thing with propping up shooters names in media for 5

> minutes of fame, its parents not teaching their kids about

> responsibility and firearm training, it's the pop culture advocating

> violence.

>

> People have always killed people, there were wars and mass killing

> before guns were around too.

>

> We have the 2nd ammendment because we just fought a revolutionary war

> against a tyrannical government and that quite possibly is going to

> happen again.

Yeah but making it more difficult almost certainly would cut it down. Thats pretty obvious. Most of the shootings arent bad guys or good guys, theyre suicides accidents and hotheads momentarily losing their cool. All pretty easily minimized if not entirely eliminated if guns were ejust harder to get or actively registered to remove from repeat priblems.

Fuck me im a sucker. This wasnt the point.

It's too late to make them harder to get, it's like trying to regulate smart phone use, a great idea, but with so many around impossible to enforce.

Yea but again i cant get on board with the "its too hard to fix so lets do nothing" argument either. I dont know how to fix it but even just something would be nice instead of repeatedly witnessing viilencw and saying meh, we cant stop it so, hope for the best i guess. Dont get shot!

You would have to change people's attitudes about violence, cause people to care, to not hate. Good luck with that! Our society glorifies violence, it's everywhere in entertainment and media, even the news, if anyone bothers with that. Only thing I can think that might help, is to double the penalties for committing a crime with a gun, make it a fed offense, no good time, no parole etc.

Don't get shot!

punkrock randy /

Weird that Pops doesn’t feel bad for protestors getting run down by his type of people. They were children once too. And black kids with toy guns get murdered by cops with real ones. Does that even make you think just a little?

So what type are you saying i am supposed to be.....you have not seen me post anything about protestors should be hurt,run down or anything....i said it all needs to stop...there have been very few peaceful protests without incident....i feel bad for any that have been hurt or killed...i feel à little more sadness for Secoriea because i have 3 grand daughters her age and it makes me think something like that could happen to them... it is bad enough when it is adults involved but she was an innocent child that had no part in any of it in any way ....it needs to stop before more like her are hurt or killed

Dirty30 Dillon /

"Very few peaceful protests without incident"

They have had protests every single day since George Floyd was killed here in NYC. There are plenty of multi-thousand + people demonstrations that have happened without incident. The difference hasn't been the protestors, it's been whether or not the police decide to bring tear gas.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> "Very few peaceful protests without incident"

>

> They have had protests every single day since George Floyd was killed

> here in NYC. There are plenty of multi-thousand + people demonstrations

> that have happened without incident. The difference hasn't been the

> protestors, it's been whether or not the police decide to bring tear

> gas.

The difference is also where you get your information from. Rightwing media will probably sell you murder and pillaging on a daily basis just to keep their flock scared.

punkrock randy /

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> there have been very few peaceful protests

> without incident....

That’s a lie, I’ve been going. Funny how 100% I’ve encountered have been peaceful. But it’s very unlikely you have actually been to any at all. You speak from 0 personal experience.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> "Very few peaceful protests without incident"

>

> They have had protests every single day since George Floyd was killed

> here in NYC. There are plenty of multi-thousand + people demonstrations

> that have happened without incident. The difference hasn't been the

> protestors, it's been whether or not the police decide to bring tear

> gas.

Maybe was a bad choice of words and i hate to have to say bas is somewhat right as to news media.....you're there in the city experienceing all that going on and i am where we don't have it so i guess i am basing on news but either way my point is the riots where there.is detruction of peoples property looting and hurting and killing needs to stop...none of that will help the cause...i feel fortunate at times because i do live where.i do and though you like the big city life i think about people i actually know and people.on here that i don't know but have had a connection with....i hope no harm or destruction comes to any of you...i felt the same about the virus spreading and all.of your lives changed so drastic....i have been blessed there also..

"Evil. I am going to ask you and the others not to come in this thread trying to stir things....i started this to honor a murdered child and want to keep it as such...i appreciate and thank you all if you will do that please.."

THAT is some funny shit.

These old guys are so fucking transparent.

punkrock randy /

Don’t worry about us civilized folk in the big towns Pops. We’re not scared of revolution and change. And these protests need to continue, lest we forget why we’re having them.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account