Re: Cellphone Cameras

Papa _ /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Aaron,

Polaroid film has never been cheap. That's an incredible investment to not show off somehow.

Truth be told, I hate people taking pictures all the time now. Photographers have a job to do. That's one thing. But, all these cell phones out everywhere, all the time really peeves me to the point of being pissed off.

It feels like the majority don't know how to appreciate beauty or art anymore. It's just fodder for their vain social media. I'm probably wrong about some of that. We all get to have opinions.

Sometimes even I want to capture a moment though and the cellphone camera has brought that into such easy access. Like, my kids riding their bikes w/o training wheels for the first time. I try not to let it spoil things that are too precious to taint with distraction.

I fear the day that the audience at an opera will all be holding their phones in the air making shit recordings of the performance to brag about how cultured and diverse their interests are.

So, if you don't have any cell phone pics, do you mind sharing a favorite film one? or is that a different thread already?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account