Re: My Helmet is my mask

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> To me it's not about the person's identity, and I will grant you the ear

> piece on the floor is gross af, but to me so is the idea of handling

> ones phone in the bathroom, public or private, no call or message is

> THAT important? I would never dream of that, or taking a picture in a

> public restroom.

No it wasnt that important but I figured it was better than texting while driving. The cb radios we use only transmit so far.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > The Dude Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > If it were as deadly as they say why are other countries back to

> normal?

>

> Have you traveled to other countries, or you're just guessing? Something

> tells me you don't leave the 100 mile radius you live in.

>

>

>

> > Why aren't the homeless piling up in the streets dead?

>

> Homeless people were incredibly affected by this, do your research.

>

>

>

> > Why are hospitals been shut from lack of of patients?

>

> This is patently false.

>

> > Why are doctors being told to list all deaths as covid?

>

> Also false, sounds like you've been hitting the Kool-aud pretty heavy.

>

>

>

> > Why dont they tell you about all the people who got the virus that

> have

>

> > recovered or that were asymptomatic?

>

> This is a commonly available statistic, just because Fox News hasn't

> told you doesn't mean it's not there.

>

>

>

> > The amount of people buying into this hoax is beyond belief.

>

> Yeah. I lost a family member to COVID, so you can respectfully eat shit

> and die.

I'm sorry for your loss but your wrong about everything else

In response to the hospitals being closed

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/23/instead-of-flattening-the-curve-we-flattened-hospitals-doctors-and-the-u-s-health-care-system/

In response to countries not on lockdown. The lockdown and idiotic mask bs is far worse than the virus. Many more people have died over other things

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuacohen/2020/05/23/swedens-gamble-on-coronavirus-has-it-paid-off/#e5d3d102dcde

I would blast you on the rest, but I dont feel like wasting my breath on the ignorant.

Screenshot_20200622-135212_Samsung Internet.jpg

Re: My Helmet is my mask

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > To me it's not about the person's identity, and I will grant you the

> ear

>

> > piece on the floor is gross af, but to me so is the idea of handling

>

> > ones phone in the bathroom, public or private, no call or message is

>

> > THAT important? I would never dream of that, or taking a picture in a

>

> > public restroom.

>

> That was my point in another thread about eating out. Peeps go to

> bathroom and have phone out. You can hear the phone conversations the

> alert tones and keystrokes. Any employees that put their phone away

> hopefully wash their hands before going back to work serving food. Then

> they get their phones back out between serving food or customers. How

> many sterilized their phones upon exiting the bathroom and before

> handling your food? Covid19 was a wake up call to my eating habits. I

> avoid eating out like the plague.

I feel you on this, but I worked many yrs in the restaurant industry, loved every second of it, even the bad days, granted this was before cell phones were a thing, but I saw some stuff that would curl your hair and none of the places I worked at ever got sued for food poisoning or shut down for health code violations, what we view as gross IS, and is probably quite potentially dangerous, but so is riding toy motorcycles in traffic, most people in restaurants make an effort to be safe or at least the management does it's best to see that they do, but much of what would make you sick to know will not kill you. I'm certainly not saying unhygienic practices are ok, but they happen and very few really suffer for it. The Phone era has ushered in a new level of filth though, and I do think about that, the germ count on a smart phone is second only to paper money I think. I love eating out, because I enjoy being waited on as I have done myself for so many yrs, I really don't enjoy cooking, unless on a grill, and even more than that I DESPISE cleaning up after cooking, so when it is allowed, I will be back at the counter at the diner, with a very happy smile on my face. I don't think your wrong for your choice, I find the level of risk at all but the dirtiest places worth it for the luxury of not cleaning up after myself. :) There ARE places I will not go, but I would not have gone before the pandemic either, I know of an amazing Chinese place downtown, been there since '77 I believe, I worked for a temporary off shoot location in the mid-'80's, the food is beyond amazing, but I have seen the kitchen, total 3rd world standards, it shocked me, but I had and have until covid eaten there every year since, and never been ill, nothing but satisfied. Place is owned by one family, not a chain, and the food is to die for, not literally. ;) We are hyper-sensitive to clean...not a bad thing, but it does not need to be as intense a worry as it is to some. Best way to judge a place is to check out the restrooms, if they are nasty, the kitchen is prob worse, go somewhere else. A good way to avoid issues is to be very gracious to the staff, don't bark orders, treat your server like a member of your own family, be patient, the work is harder than it looks, and TIP. From experience, you will be remembered, and effort will be made on every visit you make in the future to see your experience is above average. Be a dick, and you may well get some "special sauce" in your order. Seen it, and seen the same asshole come back next week none the worse for wear, so yeah. Like everything else in life, you reap what you sow. Restaurant people are some of the coolest, hard working and accepting people I have ever had the pleasure of working for and with, if I can find a way back into the industry I would like to go, even though it would mean a pay cut, it's all about fun, but be a dick to them, they will find awful ways to mess with you. They are not furniture, they are people with lives just like you.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > To me it's not about the person's identity, and I will grant you the

> ear

>

> > piece on the floor is gross af, but to me so is the idea of handling

>

> > ones phone in the bathroom, public or private, no call or message is

>

> > THAT important? I would never dream of that, or taking a picture in a

>

> > public restroom.

>

> No it wasnt that important but I figured it was better than texting

> while driving. The cb radios we use only transmit so far.

I guess I would have answered the text once out of the bathroom is all.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > live ɘvil Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > To me it's not about the person's identity, and I will grant you the

>

> > ear

>

> >

>

> > > piece on the floor is gross af, but to me so is the idea of handling

>

> >

>

> > > ones phone in the bathroom, public or private, no call or message is

>

> >

>

> > > THAT important? I would never dream of that, or taking a picture in

> a

>

> >

>

> > > public restroom.

>

> >

>

> > That was my point in another thread about eating out. Peeps go to

>

> > bathroom and have phone out. You can hear the phone conversations the

>

> > alert tones and keystrokes. Any employees that put their phone away

>

> > hopefully wash their hands before going back to work serving food.

> Then

>

> > they get their phones back out between serving food or customers. How

>

> > many sterilized their phones upon exiting the bathroom and before

>

> > handling your food? Covid19 was a wake up call to my eating habits. I

>

> > avoid eating out like the plague.

>

> I feel you on this, but I worked many yrs in the restaurant industry,

> loved every second of it, even the bad days, granted this was before

> cell phones were a thing, but I saw some stuff that would curl your hair

> and none of the places I worked at ever got sued for food poisoning or

> shut down for health code violations, what we view as gross IS, and is

> probably quite potentially dangerous, but so is riding toy motorcycles

> in traffic, most people in restaurants make an effort to be safe or at

> least the management does it's best to see that they do, but much of

> what would make you sick to know will not kill you. I'm certainly not

> saying unhygienic practices are ok, but they happen and very few really

> suffer for it. The Phone era has ushered in a new level of filth though,

> and I do think about that, the germ count on a smart phone is second

> only to paper money I think. I love eating out, because I enjoy being

> waited on as I have done myself for so many yrs, I really don't enjoy

> cooking, unless on a grill, and even more than that I DESPISE cleaning

> up after cooking, so when it is allowed, I will be back at the counter

> at the diner, with a very happy smile on my face. I don't think your

> wrong for your choice, I find the level of risk at all but the dirtiest

> places worth it for the luxury of not cleaning up after myself. :) There

> ARE places I will not go, but I would not have gone before the pandemic

> either, I know of an amazing Chinese place downtown, been there since

> '77 I believe, I worked for a temporary off shoot location in the

> mid-'80's, the food is beyond amazing, but I have seen the kitchen,

> total 3rd world standards, it shocked me, but I had and have until covid

> eaten there every year since, and never been ill, nothing but satisfied.

> Place is owned by one family, not a chain, and the food is to die for,

> not literally. ;) We are hyper-sensitive to clean...not a bad thing, but

> it does not need to be as intense a worry as it is to some. Best way to

> judge a place is to check out the restrooms, if they are nasty, the

> kitchen is prob worse, go somewhere else. A good way to avoid issues is

> to be very gracious to the staff, don't bark orders, treat your server

> like a member of your own family, be patient, the work is harder than it

> looks, and TIP. From experience, you will be remembered, and effort will

> be made on every visit you make in the future to see your experience is

> above average. Be a dick, and you may well get some "special sauce" in

> your order. Seen it, and seen the same asshole come back next week none

> the worse for wear, so yeah. Like everything else in life, you reap what

> you sow. Restaurant people are some of the coolest, hard working and

> accepting people I have ever had the pleasure of working for and with,

> if I can find a way back into the industry I would like to go, even

> though it would mean a pay cut, it's all about fun, but be a dick to

> them, they will find awful ways to mess with you. They are not

> furniture, they are people with lives just like you.

So, your^ long story short, is that employees need to be required to sanitize phone in addition to washing hands before returning to work. There is no way around it. Phones are an addiction for most and its compromising the health of the public.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Yes, and yes it can compromise the health of the public. They need to be sanitized, they should be not allowed on your person while working, we have to leave ours in our lockers at work, (metal shop) and you certainly should have to in a restaurant. I'm still going out for a hot greasy pizza the second I'm allowed to. :)

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Keep an eye on this site and note where the The Dude's state (TX) is on this list.

rt.live

"Universal masking is one of the simplest interventions we can embrace as a way to reduce Covid spread and safely re-open our economy. Other measures with equal or better impact on reducing spread are far more intrusive to our lives. We should embrace easier solutions when we can." - Scott Gottlieb, M.D.

Or we can all just suffer more losses and more restrictions for a longer time.

Why we should wear masks.jpeg

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Dirty30 Dillon /

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > The Dude Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > If it were as deadly as they say why are other countries back to

>

> > normal?

>

> >

>

> > Have you traveled to other countries, or you're just guessing?

> Something

>

> > tells me you don't leave the 100 mile radius you live in.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > > Why aren't the homeless piling up in the streets dead?

>

> >

>

> > Homeless people were incredibly affected by this, do your research.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > > Why are hospitals been shut from lack of of patients?

>

> >

>

> > This is patently false.

>

> >

>

> > > Why are doctors being told to list all deaths as covid?

>

> >

>

> > Also false, sounds like you've been hitting the Kool-aud pretty heavy.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > > Why dont they tell you about all the people who got the virus that

>

> > have

>

> >

>

> > > recovered or that were asymptomatic?

>

> >

>

> > This is a commonly available statistic, just because Fox News hasn't

>

> > told you doesn't mean it's not there.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > > The amount of people buying into this hoax is beyond belief.

>

> >

>

> > Yeah. I lost a family member to COVID, so you can respectfully eat

> shit

>

> > and die.

>

> I'm sorry for your loss but your wrong about everything else

>

> In response to the hospitals being closed

>

> https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/23/instead-of-flattening-the-curve-we-flattened-hospitals-doctors-and-the-u-s-health-care-system/

>

> In response to countries not on lockdown. The lockdown and idiotic mask

> bs is far worse than the virus. Many more people have died over other

> things

>

> https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuacohen/2020/05/23/swedens-gamble-on-coronavirus-has-it-paid-off/#e5d3d102dcde

>

> I would blast you on the rest, but I dont feel like wasting my breath on

> the ignorant.

I'm dying at The Federalist hahaha, and linking Sweden to "why does every other country have this beat?."

Get back to backing Blue Lives and beating your meat

Re: My Helmet is my mask

https://www.climatedepot.com/2020/05/23/physicists-new-study-why-masks-dont-work-how-governments-are-operating-a-science-vacuum/

The simple fact is if your not sick the mask doesnt do anything, even the WHO has admitted that. It's a virtue signal, a safety blanket, a false sense of protection.

If you want to wear a mask you have every right to do so, but dont make other believe your narrative that you've been duped into.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

I think wearing a mask only saves you from spreading it if you have it, that's enough for me, but I certainly don't wear mine in the car or outside as I see many do, only in crowded stores.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Aside from genetic stock that does not allow a full productive life, people die early from one, or a combination of these three things: distracted, stubborn, stupid.

Please dance around that...

Re: My Helmet is my mask

^ According to that I should have died yrs ago...lol... ;)

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Dude, you use all the YouTube trigger words, and it's worse than a Russian bot.

Everyone who screams "do your research!" Hasn't done any themselves, except when it comes to what they want to hear. "research" isn't believing what some unemployed "woke" guy who converted his garage into a YouTube studio tells you.

It's like all the people saying "it's just the flu..." And then saying "the flu kills more people than..."

I don't want a fucking deadly flu, either. Or even a non-deadly flu. The flu sucks.

Or "...but the mask causes hypoxia and you can die from rebreathing your own co2..." That's bullshit, too. Many atheletes wear special masks designed to inhibit oxygen intake to train for high altitude events, and to strengthen their lungs.

The WHO isn't lying, the CDC isn't either, and both are working harder than ever to understand a new strain of virus.

Bill gates is a great philanthropists, and has spent millions to help our country, as well as others, and he wasn't kicked out of India, and didn't kill a half a million children in India and Africa. He's on great terms with the New Delhi prime minister, as is evident by their recent meetings.

The list goes on. Any covid-19 conspiracy can be debunked with a five minute search on Google.

Besides all that bullshit, yes, I've worn my helmet as a mask. But only for short liquor store runs.

And it's nice to see that (most of) the moped community is staying safe and taking precautions. Unlike a lot of the idiots I see in orange county. Fuck Huntington Beach.

Personally, the only time I leave the garage is to get smokes, food, and parts... (edited)

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Brit Wilkens /

Ah man...you guys got us kicked to off-topic. Attempt to contribute positive moped content_failed.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If it were as deadly as they say why are other countries back to normal?

>

> Why aren't the homeless piling up in the streets dead?

>

> Why are hospitals been shut from lack of of patients?

>

> Why are doctors being told to list all deaths as covid?

>

> Why dont they tell you about all the people who got the virus that have

> recovered or that were asymptomatic?

>

> The amount of people buying into this hoax is beyond belief.

I think someone is real dumb and selfish. But there are alot of these someones who think they're somehow smarter than everyone else just by being contrary to popular consensus.

It's like flat earthers, theyre fucking morons who believe with all their hearts that they know better than everyone else and can thumb their nose at all the fools, all the while blindly ignorant of science and reality - they cling to this total bullshit because it gives them a special sense of superiority,, despite being wholyl undeserved.

But this mask thing has another element which is that for most people the disease is still rather intangible, they've not been directly impacted by it except to be inconvenienced by the response to it (btw, that means our response has been working...) but it makes it VERY tempting when some pundits and clowns start claiming you don't need to endure that inconvenience. It's extremely tempting to latch onto the narrative that you don't need to inconvenience yourself to prevent your suffering and more importantly that of others.

but i'll still indulge your idiocy despite recognizing you've almost certainly holed yourself up in this cozy blanket of ignorance and my reply will not phase you

-other countries are NOT back to normal, however many have been able to enact more effective responses because people WERE willing to wear masks and respect expert guidelines, and because testing was more readily available and better implemented. This continues to affect everyone everywhere however, im amazed you dont recognize that but ignorance is bliss i guess.

-homeless ARE dying, lots of them, and worse many are probably dying without being recognized, people love to use this BS that hospitals are over-reporting covid deaths but there are a lot of people dying who arent even getting the chance at treatment. so to your other point, you're wrong. Quick rhetorical question, did you know nobody has ever died of AIDS? They die of other diseases that their body can't fight off. My point is that even if you don't die directly from a disease, when you would have otherwise lived, then attributing the death to that disease is a no brainer. but they don't list all deaths as covid and nobody told them to. you are misinformed.

-they absolutely are talking about people who arent symptomatic and who have recovered. you clearly need to re-evaluate your sources of information.

-this is not a hoax. you are just willfully misinformed because it grants a false sense of security and/or superiority, but as much as I'd love for it to be fake, it's not, youre just wrong

Re: My Helmet is my mask

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> In response to the hospitals being closed

>

> https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/23/instead-of-flattening-the-curve-we-flattened-hospitals-doctors-and-the-u-s-health-care-system/

>

> In response to countries not on lockdown. The lockdown and idiotic mask

> bs is far worse than the virus. Many more people have died over other

> things

>

> https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuacohen/2020/05/23/swedens-gamble-on-coronavirus-has-it-paid-off/#e5d3d102dcde

>

> I would blast you on the rest, but I dont feel like wasting my breath on

> the ignorant.

Did you read that forbes article? I'm not sure you did, it's supporting the opposite of your original posts: specifically that sweden has had worse mortality by not adopting masks, specifically that their strategy is not working... plus it's from a month ago and has only gotten worse, meanwhile their "herd immunity" has also not materialized, so not only did they fail to contain the virus as well as countries implementing stricter measures, they've also failed to see the expected benefit of accelerating it - people dying needlessly.

and your other citation is an opinion piece from a far-right media outlet... sorry that's not fact dude. that's opinion. AND the entire point is that we didnt see this surge in cases so what was the point of lockdowns? SERIOUSLY? the reason we didnt see wild surges is because of the lockdowns... that logic is really fucking dumb. I dont need to wear safety glasses because everytime I have, I've never had any shit get in my eye. so theyre clearly unecessary. Why even wear a helmet - I crashed while wearing one and I came out fine, so clearly I didnt need it? I cant even wrap my head around how idiotic that article is.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

People don't die from AIDS, either. But from complications from a weakened immune system.

Do you make guys wear condoms when they're banging you at truck stops?

Re: My Helmet is my mask

> baird co Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> People don't die from AIDS, either. But from complications from a

> weakened immune system.

>

> Do you make guys wear condoms when they're banging you at truck stops?

that was my point

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Also definitely if i was hookin up at truckstops i'd wear condoms, that's a fair point. dont engage in risky behavior without due protection. except at least with respect to condoms you're mostly protecting yourself, whereas with covid, your recklessness could be also endangering everyone else around. Like I'd only be endangering myself and a partner (maybe a few partners), consensual partners aware of the risk and willing to take that risk together if I was looking for a quick lay at a truckstop or whatever, but going out and breathing my sputum all over a grocery store might wind up unwittingly killing someones unsuspecting granny and that's way more selfish.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Norway: 250 deaths

Sweden: 5000 deaths

Guess which of the two had a lockdown.

Over here infection rate has gone down so much that we can kind of lead a normal life again, but we still need to keep 6ft apart and wear a mask when taking public transport.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Fucking Christ I thought don was bad.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

I'm amazed people still using the "well sweden!" argument when it's proven itself sadly a failure, however this is one of those times it really sucks being able to say I told you so. Like I really wish that the recklessness would've worked out OK, but it didn't and people died needlessly on a gambit.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

punkrock randy /

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> This thread. Smh.

Cause your head so empty. Shakes more easily than most. I bet the Dude’s head never stops moving. You guys are full on retards

Re: My Helmet is my mask

punkrock randy /

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> https://www.climatedepot.com/2020/05/23/physicists-new-study-why-masks-dont-work-how-governments-are-operating-a-science-vacuum/

>

> The simple fact is if your not sick the mask doesnt do anything, even

> the WHO has admitted that. It's a virtue signal, a safety blanket, a

> false sense of protection.

>

> If you want to wear a mask you have every right to do so, but dont make

> other believe your narrative that you've been duped into.

People walk around for a while spreading it before they know they’re sick you stupid shit . You don’t understand masks but that doesn’t really surprise me. I assume if you tried to wear one you’d probably just start chewing on it and consume the thing because you’re a fucking idiot

Re: My Helmet is my mask

punkrock randy /

Also, I’m very sry to hear about your mother Gator. My lady’s a nurse and that’s part of what burns me with these ppl. They are so ignorant and will draw out dealing with this pandemic. And cause countless unnecessary deaths because they deny science.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

punkrock randy /

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Their identity was kept hidden, no other pics were taken but I couldn't

> believe that someone would let their ear piece lay on the floor of a

> truck stop.

>

> Phone was out for an unrelated text to friends to find out where they

> were on a recent road trip.

You’re a disgusting perv. Seek professional help immediately sir.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

God I love stirring the shit with you guys, it's so easy. I'll have to do it more often.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Classic reaction of an empty headed toilet perv.

Re: My Helmet is my mask

punkrock randy /

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> God I love stirring the shit with you guys, it's so easy. I'll have to

> do it more often.

We are well aware of your love for shit. No need to reiterate

Re: My Helmet is my mask

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Classic reaction of an empty headed toilet perv.

Once he's used up all the glory holes in Toiletwater, TX, he heads to MA to stir up some shit.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account