Re: Before I ask a question here... are the douche trolls dead yet?

James Wolberg /

Pat- what does that mean? Yep I’m a nut too

James Wolberg /

Thanks Seth. Sounds like you’ve been through it already. Too bad huh? Do you have any insight for my Puch?

The site is nothing, NOTHING! Like it was 10-15 years ago. The trolling and newbie bashing has pretty much stopped. As a 14 yr old I hated it, as a 30yr old. Honestly, I kinda miss the bullshit.

I mean I tell like 15 people a MONTH that you need to jet your carb. it's insane Soo many people buy hundreds of dollars and parts. Build a bike, and need to be told that carbs aren't plug and play. "What do you mean by jetting the carb?" " My engine seized!"........jeebus

You'll be fine, just start a thread with questions and let this one die.

I happen to like all the trolling douchbag dicks.

I don’t like someone dumping on the culture of MA.

I won’t “troll” you for a dumb question. I’m not that guy on here.

But it’s always a good show when some newb decides they are special and don’t have to research.

It’s like the MA checks and balances.

If you are working on something, putting in time reading and wrenching, get genuinely stumped and ask a question, you will get plenty of help.

Why are you so concerned about that?

Would you go to a Hells Angels website with a huge rant about how you completely disapprove with their culture and behaviors? Instruct them on how they need to correct their ways before you grace them with the opportunity to help you pick a final drive ratio.

Every unique personality of this forum is a treasure. I would love to have any of them crash my thread with an unscheduled circus act. If it’s total BS, nobody cares.

If I have it coming, well then...

You sir, probably have it coming. Arrogant tone, long rambling post, simple common sense question that is very easy to search or experiment with different sprockets. You clearly have the ability to build a perfect stock engine but can’t figure out that tall gears will go faster but take longer to get there.

I think this anti-troll character is harder to swallow than the normal troll.

James Wolberg /

Thank for the response, then go to my other post or scroll up to see my specs and question. I’m trying to get advice before I spend more money. Also, the comparison to hell’s angels is pretty silly... just sayin. This is a moped site. Also- which gears would you recommend? Not everyone can just afford to continue to throw money at treats for experiments, and not everyone lives in a city where a neighbor happens to have that 17 x 40 sprocket configuration hangin out so you can just try it. Most people don’t. So take it easy, have a conversation without being pretentious, is all I’m askin. (edited)

And Aaron is right. It has gotten much friendlier here. Lots of stuff gets answered where “wiki” and “use the search function” used to be SOP.

Moped Army isn’t a school for moped enthusiasts or formal training. Don’t make it something it isn’t.

True, but it's also a club that has many official groups across the country.

I read your question.

I’m not gonna take the time to spoon feed the answers by linking posts on MA.

But I know you can search what the safe rpm for a stock crank is.

I know you can see a gearing spreadsheet to get the right gearing for 40mph under 10,000 rpm

Then you just have to make small mods to push your bike that fast.

Why all the drama?

Hells Angels this is not. But mopeds are kinda important here. There is a definite culture to this site that sets it apart from others and I don’t want that sanitized for anyone’s protection.

James Wolberg /

Also, it’s not any more of an arrogant tone than anyone else lays out, my friend. In fact, looking back on historical posts it’s pretty mild, hence my post title. I gust no eeenglishh perty guud.I simply preambled that I’m not a dumbass and am well researched, so I could skip the stupidAss newbie hashing, and perhaps I could skip this sort of nonsense to find a reasonable recommendation before I order more $$ worth of stuff I’m not gonna use. Again, I’d appreciate any recommendations, thanks in advance.

Claymore here has the MOST common moped with the MOST wiki and performance posts yet he can't skip troll posts. It's not hard to skip over shit.

Search all sections and select all dates with specific keywords and you'll find every answer you're looking for. Learn the basics.

Gotta spend days reading.

That's what I did.

That's what you should do.

If you came here humble and said that you're an idiot about this stuff you don't generally get trolling.

But you opened Pandora's box and now here we are.

That being said,

penis

James Wolberg /

There’s no drama. In fact in my first post I asked for no drama (no douche trolling), because that’s what I’ve seen on this website - ALOT! No offense to current members. I apologize for coming on too defensive. It’s just that if anyone looks up moped tech (googling) you get to a thread here that is silly and uninformative. Thank you all for the relevant snippets of info. This thread should also be erased.

Stock crank thread:

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,4291818

Gearing spreadsheet:

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Puch_E50_RPM_and_speed_chart

I think a stock cylinder will need mild porting to hit 40, even geared correctly.

Look at those two things and decide where you want to be. Spinning real fast and hitting 40 or really really fast and hitting 40. But I think it’s safe to say it’s gonna take cylinder mods or a kit.

It also depends on if you ride flats or monster hills.

E50s can do both well if you build it right. But stock.....kinda meh.

I suggest getting a treats reed kit and maybe an estriol side bleed and bigger 19mm clone carb and blast. So much low end. Then gear way up. I ported one and was blown away how tall I could make the gearing and still climb mountains

James Wolberg /

Penis to you as well 😁🙏🙏. I’m just looking to not waste money on parts I won’t use. I’m thinking I should follow past advice on this site, which crazywane pointed to 17x40.... in one post... another he said another thing. Before I spend another $100 on stuff, I really appreciate your guys advice (edited)

James Wolberg /

Hey Papa, thank you for all your insight. Though I think you may be wrong on one point- This is pretty much the only in depth moped school out here. I guess at least in my experience.

Look, I'm the cheapest mother fucker you'll ever meet. Every dollar you spend on a moped is a waste

Take advice or fuck off.

17/40 on a stock setup is a joke

It will suck shit. Don't listen to Wayne. If you do all the mods he would do then maybe, but otherwise you're rolling an anemic motor.

Get a reed kit and countersunk head, decent fat pipe, and a 19carb and you'll kick ass.

If you want to keep the stock setup, 16/45 or maybe 17/45 if you're only riding flats

Get a 65 cc airsal easy 50 with a bing and a proma. Gear out a little and all set. Just make sure to install a new crank or you'll be shredding your brass bushing.

If you get a low revving kit (under 9k) you can run stock crank with no prob. Use the torque and keep the crank

Be like:

1687A39D-B04C-443A-B658-8C28E582A9D7.jpeg

Overpriced Parts /

The OP Is a troll beyond belief, I can’t believe how stupid people are nowadays,

I mean basically between six and eight years old when I was dealing with mini bikes and go carts how dumb these MF‘s are nowadays I mean really most should is just jump right into active volcano cause they have nothing to add or nothing to contribute to today’s society!

> JBOT Admin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Claymore here has the MOST common moped with the MOST wiki and

> performance posts yet he can't skip troll posts. It's not hard to skip

> over shit.

>

> Search all sections and select all dates with specific keywords and

> you'll find every answer you're looking for. Learn the basics.

>

> Gotta spend days reading.

>

> That's what I did.

>

> That's what you should do.

>

> If you came here humble and said that you're an idiot about this stuff

> you don't generally get trolling.

>

> But you opened Pandora's box and now here we are.

>

I know I'm late to the party, but this^^^ is the clearest and most on-point response.

The Puch Maxi is the the Honda Civic of mopeds. Everyone has them, everyone has 4 of them. There are literally dozens if not hundreds of threads about the same bike with the same question. They all have various setups but with the sheer volume of posts, and the limited number of iterations of bolt-on combinations, your bike is not that unique that someone hasn't already done exactly that. Four times. I guess I'm saying I don't buy the idea that you are well-researched.

Anyone with a strong educational background will know about skimming and scanning. It's a reading strategy where you quickly look over information to find what you are looking for. In other words, just skip the stuff you don't need. (Ignore the troll posts.)

Lastly, you don't need to announce your competence. I've found that if you ask a question intelligently, you'll get an intelligent answer. Trolls may always be with us, but generally they feed on the weak of mind and the lazy. I'm still a relative newcomer, but even in my short time I've seen thread after thread with the same inane questions. Basic beginner questions that are already answered ad nauseum. Don't believe me? Just look for the number of "how much is my bike worth" threads and you'll get an idea. (edited)

The lazy and the stupid, mmmmmmnnnnnnn

Wesley Ambrosini /

Well I tried

Too many words. Makes my head hurts to see so many words saying nothing.

There's a post on the general forum about a taotao and nobody has said anything mean to the guy. The only troll here is you

Yeah. I won't bother a taotao guy too bad. They just don't know.

But sink guy has a controlling way about him that is offputting.

It's nice to be in mostly agreement here with the community.

What Ike Pipe said.

> JBOT Admin Wrote:

> The lazy and the stupid, mmmmmmnnnnnnn

Damn, I'm late to the party again. Looks like the fire is burning well tho, thanks to jbot.

Worst fake acct ever?

Good luck with this

JBOT Admin Wrote:

> > JBOT Admin Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > The lazy and the stupid, mmmmmmnnnnnnn

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account