Absentee ballot request

Just got a form in the mail to request an Absentee ballot, I guess in MN you don't need an excuse to do this, and they are getting the word out due to the virus. I'm totally doing this, not only due to virus, but because it is so much more convienient! Any other states going this route?

Re: Absentee ballot request

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Ive heard alot of discussion about this... some feel it will aid to fraud??? Honestly i know little about that but sounds like a nice idea during the pandemic. I need to find out if Ohio is doing it.

Re: Absentee ballot request

There are 4 or 5 states that do automatic absentee ballots and Minnesota isn't one of them, so i'd be cautious.

Re: Absentee ballot request

I don't see how it could lead to fraud unless someone in your own house who knew your ss# and DL# sent it in. I thought you had to be in the military and stationed oversea's or something to do this, gld you don't. May be a MN thing as it was pointed out in the letter you don't need a reason to request one here, I think it will get more people voting as they don't have to leave home and stand in line somewhere, and we can all agree how important this election season is.

Re: Absentee ballot request

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> There are 4 or 5 states that do automatic absentee ballots and Minnesota

> isn't one of them, so i'd be cautious.

It's not automatic, I have to request the ballot, what I recieved in the mail was a request to get said ballot, sorry I was not more clear.

Re: Absentee ballot request

Ah okay, yeah Minnesota does have "no excuse needed" absentee voting.

Voter fraud has never actually been a thing but it is a scare tactic from racist republicans to get as little minorities to vote as possible, just like they do with gerrymandering.

Re: Absentee ballot request

^agreed, I really think this will help get more votes out, especially among the poor, and even though snail mail is archaic, it seems less likely to be hacked than an internet platform, but once that can be made secure, I bet we would get a much larger turn-out. Problem is people can have many isp's, but most have only one residence, and of those who have several, one is always primary.

Re: Absentee ballot request

Bas...……...talking about US elections...…….LOL!

Re: Absentee ballot request

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ah okay, yeah Minnesota does have "no excuse needed" absentee voting.

>

> Voter fraud has never actually been a thing but it is a scare tactic

> from racist republicans to get as little minorities to vote as possible,

> just like they do with gerrymandering.

Correct! Republicans know that if universal mail-in voting was set in place, giving EVERYONE equal opportunity to vote, a republican would never hold a high office in this country again. Several have been quoted saying as much.

And yes he is, Don. Take it as something you should be ashamed of. An intelligent person in a different country knows more accurate information about voting in your country than you do. But then again you probably get your news from the television or screenshots of trump's twitter, so I'm not surprised.

Re: Absentee ballot request

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Bas...……...talking about US elections...…….LOL!

Yeah factual information presented by somebody impartial how hilarious

Re: Absentee ballot request

Pushrod Fifty /

Some polling stations are real busy with big lines, if you can mail it in, its just one less chance of getting infected. If you go to the polls, In that timeframe, Covid-19 will be lingering sniffle and Covid-20 will be in Alpha stage with new CDC guidelines, mandated full body suit with oxy tank, and stay 10ft away from anybody.

Re: Absentee ballot request

> Hugh Janus Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Bas Autowas Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Ah okay, yeah Minnesota does have "no excuse needed" absentee voting.

>

> >

>

> > Voter fraud has never actually been a thing but it is a scare tactic

>

> > from racist republicans to get as little minorities to vote as

> possible,

>

> > just like they do with gerrymandering.

>

> Correct! Republicans know that if universal mail-in voting was set in

> place, giving EVERYONE equal opportunity to vote, a republican would

> never hold a high office in this country again. Several have been quoted

> saying as much.

>

> And yes he is, Don. Take it as something you should be ashamed of. An

> intelligent person in a different country knows more accurate

> information about voting in your country than you do. But then again you

> probably get your news from the television or screenshots of trump's

> twitter, so I'm not surprised.

THANK YOU! LMFAO!! Dum Dum oHiO doesn't scare me. What scares me is how many brick heads like him we have in this country.

Re: Absentee ballot request

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Bas...……...talking about US elections...…….LOL!

>

> Yeah factual information presented by somebody impartial how hilarious

Cha ching!

Re: Absentee ballot request

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Hugh Janus Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Bas Autowas Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Ah okay, yeah Minnesota does have "no excuse needed" absentee

> voting.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Voter fraud has never actually been a thing but it is a scare tactic

>

> >

>

> > > from racist republicans to get as little minorities to vote as

>

> > possible,

>

> >

>

> > > just like they do with gerrymandering.

>

> >

>

> > Correct! Republicans know that if universal mail-in voting was set in

>

> > place, giving EVERYONE equal opportunity to vote, a republican would

>

> > never hold a high office in this country again. Several have been

> quoted

>

> > saying as much.

>

> >

>

> > And yes he is, Don. Take it as something you should be ashamed of. An

>

> > intelligent person in a different country knows more accurate

>

> > information about voting in your country than you do. But then again

> you

>

> > probably get your news from the television or screenshots of trump's

>

> > twitter, so I'm not surprised.

>

> THANK YOU! LMFAO!! Dum Dum oHiO doesn't scare me. What scares me is how

> many brick heads like him we have in this country.

What SHOULD scare you is how many `rock and brick throwers' there are rioting, with your ilk's blessing.

Re: Absentee ballot request

I was thinking about the topic of voting this morning....

I have never voted for a president. I have hated every candidate that ran in every election since I turned 18.

I wish there was a law that allowed Americans to boycott an election when no party produces a viable candidate.

I’m sick of people picking the “lesser of two evils”.

If less than half of registered voters actually vote, the election should be tossed out and new candidates presented for consideration. EVENTUALLY, they’d get it right and then the people could make a choice.

I’d vote for a candidate that had no other agenda than fixing our broken democratic processes.

Re: Absentee ballot request

I never really understood this. You still need to be regd to vote to vote, what does it matter if it's in person.

I've gotten a ballot for every election from county sheriff to prez sence I registered 15 years ago.

It's just normal in my county in WA. I don't even think we have in person polls.

Re: Absentee ballot request

^ don gets his ass handed to him so hard he hides in the corner again yelling baseless insults from right wing talking points. It's a decent approach I suppose, when you have nothing of actual value to add to any conversation.

Personally I'd recommend just shutting up instead of further embarassing yourself by reinforcing what a mindless parrot you are, but it's important I think to have a reminder of how fucking painfully stupid people out there can be. Thanks Don for regularly reminding us of just how overwhelmingly vapid someone can be.

Re: Absentee ballot request

I voted by mail because I was going to be in Germany during elections. Well, both that trip, and the originally scheduled elections didnt happen, but I still got my vote in. Ironically the Bernie vote I cast was before he dropped off. I couldve gotten excited about that candidate. But I do still feel it's important to pick the lesser of two evils because I'm able to recognize it comes from a great deal of privelege to not be meaningfully impacted by the outcome. But for a lot of people, and a lot of places, the results of that election do have direct real negative consequences, so I pick the lesser of 2 evils because it would be selfish of me not to. Don't be selfish, there are real consequences.

Re: Absentee ballot request

I didn’t say it in my first post. But I do plan on voting this year.

For anything that runs against Trump.

I used to think that the slothful movement of the legislative branch prevented any real harm, or good, that any president could do.

But....

Re: Absentee ballot request

Same, I remember thinking "fuckit, what 's the worst that could happen - most of us were in similar situations with bush as with clinton, not much changes. Then I really thought Obama could do a lot of good, and I do think he was a good president and did push through some good things, but also got roadblocked from a lot of other things and certainly was responsible for some pretty reprehensible actions too. But again, despite all my hope the, not much really changed. So I kept thinking, "fuckit, what's the worst that could happen" Then this shitshow happened.

Re: Absentee ballot request

I have vote this way in Canada. Only get cries of "voting fraud" when someone loses and their ego can not handle the loss (pay close attention in USA leading up to November cause those tweets are a coming from the Orangeman)

Re: Absentee ballot request

Ohio does it. I did it. No lines, no politicians trying to glad hand you. Easy Peasy! Don't know why Dump has a problem with it p.s. make SURE you request it early ! (edited)

Re: Absentee ballot request

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > live ɘvil Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Hugh Janus Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > > Bas Autowas Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Ah okay, yeah Minnesota does have "no excuse needed" absentee

>

> > voting.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Voter fraud has never actually been a thing but it is a scare

> tactic

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > from racist republicans to get as little minorities to vote as

>

> >

>

> > > possible,

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > just like they do with gerrymandering.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Correct! Republicans know that if universal mail-in voting was set

> in

>

> >

>

> > > place, giving EVERYONE equal opportunity to vote, a republican would

>

> >

>

> > > never hold a high office in this country again. Several have been

>

> > quoted

>

> >

>

> > > saying as much.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > And yes he is, Don. Take it as something you should be ashamed of.

> An

>

> >

>

> > > intelligent person in a different country knows more accurate

>

> >

>

> > > information about voting in your country than you do. But then again

>

> > you

>

> >

>

> > > probably get your news from the television or screenshots of trump's

>

> >

>

> > > twitter, so I'm not surprised.

>

> >

>

> > THANK YOU! LMFAO!! Dum Dum oHiO doesn't scare me. What scares me is

> how

>

> > many brick heads like him we have in this country.

>

> What SHOULD scare you is how many `rock and brick throwers' there are

> rioting, with your ilk's blessing.

Na, you dont scare me. The second coming of Hitler scares me. Thank you Facebook for standing up to the Nazi party.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/18/tech/facebook-trump-ads-triangle-takedown/index.html (edited)

Re: Absentee ballot request

That adderall addicted fat sweaty fuck is setting up his low IQ followers to believe the election was rigged when he loses.

Thats why he picked a goon postmaster general to try and strong arm the usps into interfering with mail-in ballots.

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1275573971270938624

signal-2020-06-24-073120-2.jpg
signal-2020-06-24-073120-1.jpg

Meanwhile Trümp votes by mail

Pence votes by mail

Mother votes by mail

Bill Barr votes by mail

Betsy DeVos votes by mail

Kayleigh McEnany votes by mail...

(so do a bunch of other Trümp regime shitheads, but you get the point)

Re: Absentee ballot request

I'm still amazed that you guys keep putting up with this shit. A democracy cannot function without voting yet the republican party can suppress voting out in the open.

It might be time to form a well armed militia to get rid of turtle man and the southern belle.

Re: Absentee ballot request

We're gonna need blue helmets and white range rovers here because unless he resigns or drops dead this place is gonna explode come November.

Re: Absentee ballot request

You all are a scary fucking bunch, holy shit!

Re: Absentee ballot request

Yeah, democracy can be scary when it doesn't work in you favour.

When the GOP keeps suppressing voters, you don't live in a democracy, you live in a dictatorship worse than Russia.

Re: Absentee ballot request

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> We're gonna need blue helmets and white range rovers here because unless

> he resigns or drops dead this place is gonna explode come November.

Yeah, this concerns me as well, for the first time in my life I don't feel as though I live in a stable country, there has always been political division, but it was not violent. Throw in the racism, that does not scare me so much, as I don't have much to lose, any changes would be BENEFITING people, allowing them to have things I have always had, I have no issue with this, but being oppressed as they have violence has become the only way to gain attention, the rioting freaks me out even though I understand why it is taking place. All this shit has brought my depression back, I try and fight it every day, but it is so hard when you look around, or if are foolish enough to watch a newscast. I had had it pretty well in check before Corona hit. Oh well, keep on keeping on, one day at a time. In a sad way I wonder if we don't deserve all this? :/ Not the average guy on the street, but the government? They could have brought about lots of chane, and it would have only made them stronger, but they have chosen to fuck over everyone who is not a corporate leader, and this is the result, the government cares more about money than the health and dignity of it's citizens. We are fucked.

Re: Absentee ballot request

Sent it in, going to vote like this from now on, SO much easier/simpler, and you don't have to leave the house! I hope more people do this than don't, voting this go-around is essential.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account