Openings

Well, I went into stay at home mode before the mandate went into effect in March. No non essential trips. But my local YMCA opens tomorrow, and I'm going to see if it's safe enough. I have no medical issues but my wife suffers COPD. The morning workouts were my stress relief. Anyhow, anybody else been checking out other spots? And are people observing SD?

Re: Openings

Time to stay in again because of all the protests with violence, looting and now curfews in effect.

Young man, there's no need to feel down.

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Time to stay in again because of all the protests with violence, looting

> and now curfews in effect.

^ You have that too? :/ Freaking crazy, we had the National guard rolling the streets of Mpls last 2 nights, oddly the suburb where I live did not have a curfew even though the ones surrounding it do, but all the stores were closed early, so no where to go.

the guards in boston too but theyve been here since mid-march i think for covid related stuff

heard rumblings that they'll be brought in today/tonight if shit gets out of hand but nothing confirmed and it's been relatively quiet.

So far.

(famous last words)

Planet Fitness opened up last week. I am planning on trying to resume my 3-day workout regime. I'll be wearing a mask, I'll have my own sanitizer, I'll keep social distance guidelines, and I won't use the locker room or the rest room. No doubt, I'll be quicker than I used to be, and if it starts getting more crowded than i'm comfortable with, I'll duck out.

I don't go to many stores, but about ready to go nuts for a haircut and a hot meal in a restaurant, but my fave one will not be opening yet, as they have no patio, and the ones that do have patios will be too packed to enjoy/get in. I wonder about barber shops/salons, I read they will be open but limited seating and everyone has to wear a mask, how the hell can you get a haircut with a mask on? I can't honestly say when I would feel comfortable going out to eat again, no matter how much I miss it. Will prob stick with take out...sigh, what a world, time to go back to riot watching on the news. :/

Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati have national guard deployed. Dayton might too I'm not sure. Police were beating the shit out of peaceful protesters yesterday starting at like noon here in Cbus and last night the riots were pretty bad, more than a handful of people died. Today national guard handled the protests and no violence broke out, hopefully tonight is better than last night.

In about 30 minutes restaurants and bars will reopen again. Its sunny and about 75° so it will probably be kinda hectic.

It will be nice to finally see all my bartending friends again.

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati have national guard deployed. Dayton

> might too I'm not sure. Police were beating the shit out of peaceful

> protesters yesterday starting at like noon here in Cbus and last night

> the riots were pretty bad, more than a handful of people died. Today

> national guard handled the protests and no violence broke out, hopefully

> tonight is better than last night.

Wrong thread.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

It’s times like this that I’m glad I’m bald...lol.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> I don't go to many stores, but about ready to go nuts for a haircut and

> a hot meal in a restaurant, but my fave one will not be opening yet, as

> they have no patio, and the ones that do have patios will be too packed

> to enjoy/get in. I wonder about barber shops/salons, I read they will be

> open but limited seating and everyone has to wear a mask, how the hell

> can you get a haircut with a mask on? I can't honestly say when I would

> feel comfortable going out to eat again, no matter how much I miss it.

> Will prob stick with take out...sigh, what a world, time to go back to

> riot watching on the news. :/

^ :) Almost ready to dig out the clippers and join that club!

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> > live ɘvil Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Time to stay in again because of all the protests with violence,

> looting

>

> > and now curfews in effect.

>

> ^ You have that too? :/ Freaking crazy, we had the National guard

> rolling the streets of Mpls last 2 nights, oddly the suburb where I

> live did not have a curfew even though the ones surrounding it do, but

> all the stores were closed early, so no where to go.

https://louisvilleky.gov/news/curfew-qa

Pushrod Fifty /

Last night I saw people eating out under umbrellas in the rain, Just about all of the restraunts around here have set up patios with picnic tables, but it doesnt look that appealing to sit out in a parking lot and eat out of a take out container. They won't serve drinks unless you buy food also. I really don't want a compromised dining experience with limited menus and plastic place settings plus the added chances of getting the virus. Think I'll wait it out until it's over.

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> Last night I saw people eating out under umbrellas in the rain, Just

> about all of the restraunts around here have set up patios with picnic

> tables, but it doesnt look that appealing to sit out in a parking lot

> and eat out of a take out container. They won't serve drinks unless you

> buy food also. I really don't want a compromised dining experience with

> limited menus and plastic place settings plus the added chances of

> getting the virus. Think I'll wait it out until it's over.

After all this shit I will never go back to eating out or ordering in. Ive become accustomed to cooking for myself on the grill. It just tastes better and is much safer. Crowds dont scare me, the fucks preparing my food do.

> live ɘvil Wrote:

>Crowds dont scare me, the fucks preparing my

> food do.

Then you'd better be scared about all the people that have handled your food before you cooked it too.

Ever been to a meat packing plant?

i do think it helps, if half the population is still isolating, if people are only going out half as often or getting half as close, it's got to make a positive impact versus unrestrained spread.

this has always been about flattening the curve, slowing the rate of infection so that hospitals are not overwhelmed, and some continued spread of the virus is expected. We're learning the extent of isolation necessary, the precautions that are most effective, and also very importantly the shutdowns, even as we come out of them, have driven home to most people the severity of this and reinforced the importance of masks, hand washing etc - so that as we understand the most effective precautions, people are already prepared and willing to acknowledge the importance of following those precautions.

It's like a group project where 1/2 the people arent participating, but you still need to get an A or people will die. So even though there are still many ignorant and selfish fools out there still denying how important it is to be dilligent, there's enough people putting in effort that we can still get a B and limit the severity

Pushrod Fifty /

The kitchen and counter workers I've seen all wear masks and gloves but I've limited takeout to burgers and pizza and some fried Calimari or fish sandwich at places I used to eat at regularly.

Only resturants with patio space can be open here, not sure why they bother, a sliver of the avail busniness, and you have to have all your stock/inventory, unless you are in the city limits of mpls you don't have to wear a mask, no one I saw was at the patio's I saw opening, but the restaurant owners are PISSED, and they have a right to be, how is having people in your place with say 50% mask usage and all employee's using one any different that being in a wal-mart with WAY more people at 50% mask usage? It's just dumb. Most are waiting to open when it is more than outdoor seating, and many do not have patio seating. SUCKS. :/

Jimmy Cincinnati /

The local micro breweries with restraunts around Cincinnati have been slammed every time I pass them. I would bet they are seeing some of their best profits right now, however many other traditional sit down places I’m sure are hurting.

The local game store here confirmed to me that Covid shut down their 2nd location for good.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> > live ɘvil Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >Crowds dont scare me, the fucks preparing my

>

> > food do.

>

> Then you'd better be scared about all the people that have handled your

> food before you cooked it too.

>

> Ever been to a meat packing plant?

I'm sure all the food that restaurants get comes from the same plants, so thats pointless. My point is that I get to cook my own food to a temperature that will kill anything without having to worry if the server or anyone else washed their hands after taking a shit. Not to mention coughing and sneezing over or around my food. We live in a phone-in-face society and I would venture to say most are on their phones while using the restroom. Then they go back to work handling/serving food and have their phone out again. Sorry Bas, thats how I feel. Covid19 was a wake up call for me to change my eating habits, which I should of done sooner.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account