My wife doesn't like watermelon

Luke Stroehlein /

Just found out after 6 years together. I brought a watermelon home to cut up and she said "you can eat it but how didn't you know I don't like watermelon?" she says it tastes like sand. Do we need to see a marriage counselor?

Re: My wife doesn't like watermelon

try sprinkling some salt on it, it's SO good

Pushrod Fifty /

Have her try it again in the heat of July. Thats when its the best.

Overpriced Parts /

Funny It’s the opposite for me, my wife loves it, I could take it or leave it, most times I leave it especially the flavorless seedless variety,

Tell her you didn't ask for her preference and you'll shorten the chain if she ever dares to question you again.

^ Ha! Great advise until she slips the chain and divorces you...., but really, never heard of anyone who didn't like watermelon, I'm not crazy about it, but don't dislike it.

We like em here.

One time I bought one of those mini watermelons. It sat on the kitchen counter for a couple days. I got up early one morning to go to work and found a huge puddle all over the floor. Identified the watermelon as the culprit. It had completely liquified on the inside and had a huge hole where it ruptured.

I told the kids that something had laid an egg in it and a small creature had burst out “Alien” style and was hiding somewhere in the house.

Wife didn’t think that was funny.

We don’t get the little watermelons anymore.

:D

Luke Stroehlein /

She's not happy about the fact that I made this post. We really might divorce because of watermelon 🍉😭

I don't like watermelon.

Overpriced Parts /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I don't like watermelon.

I don’t know about today’s watermelons but back in the day with the long seeded kind of watermelon ya cut a triangle plug out of it, put a quart/liter of Everclear Alcohol in it, put the plug back in it, let it sit in the refrigerator for a couple days, eat a few slices and you wouldn't know what hit you🍸🍸🍸😵😵😵

^ I do remember that, but we used vodka, Everclear is not legal in MN....

Rick Bergsma /

Pushrod Fifty /

Used Graves grain alcohol in one years back when I rented a party house after graduating HS, everyone got trashed. The next morning there was watermelon all over the yard.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Sloe gin peach schnapps southern comfort or Yukon Jack rock and rye mix well spike Mellon no alcohol taste just hawian punch.

Maybe aliens. I don't trust people who don't like coffee either...

I haven't had a good one sence like 1996. They all just seem to be flavorless and not sweet at all.

same with peaches

maybe im just getting old but i used to crave them

havent had a decent one in at least 15-20 years

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> same with peaches

>

> maybe im just getting old but i used to crave them

>

> havent had a decent one in at least 15-20 years

I love peaches. It’s so hard to find good ones. Really the only fruit I like. There’s a farm outside of Walla Walla that I buy cases and cases of Tomato’s & Peaches from every year. It’s Edward’s Family Farm, owned by an old German family. These are the best peaches I’ve ever eaten. I’ve lived in the South too. They are a little smaller than softballs, and so juicy that there’s juice dripping off your elbow halfway through. So sweet and peachy-tasting. They make the best pies and preserves. Best Maters ever, too. I bought and canned 175 pounds of tomatoes and about six flats of peaches last year. I mean it, they are truly like the peaches of old. I know what you mean- today’s peaches are dry and almost flavorless.

As far as watermelons, I can take em or leave em. But the only decent ones I’ve had are Hermiston melons out of Hermiston, Oregon.

I was able to find good peaches about a year ago. Bought one on a whim on the way home from work. It was amazing. Pretty sure I bought/ate the whole crate...after they were gone I noticed a crate of nectarines with the same farm stamp on the wood crate. Fucking crazy, I had never had a nectarine but jeebus they were good.

I basically look for the wood crates now. My independent grocer orders all kinds of crazy good shit. I will buy fruit NOWHERE else. Also, I still get potatoes in a burlap sack from these guys!

Also, he just gives me extra burlap. It's kind of sad but burlap is the closest fabric I can find to replace grillcloth on alot of 1930s radios that I work on. It just looks more right, compared to shitty Chinese metallic embossed reproduction grill cloth you get now.

Overpriced Parts /
1D70AEB3-AD80-4B0D-AF35-4A9C6A7DC4B9.gif

Everybody do the watermelon dance

Thanks a lot, Ken... I can’t unsee that!

Your wife isn't alone. I hate the taste of watermelon. Growing up I'm eating a green apple out of the fridge (I like them cold) and all my friends are smashing a watermelon my mom or dad carved up.

> Seth B Wrote:

> Thanks a lot, Ken... I can’t unsee that!

Yeah...that's burned in....maybe time to go fill a watermelon with vodka again..... ;D

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Its the soil they don't use wood and coal ash. Chemical fertilizers have no flavor.

The dreaded one tried growing pot with just chemical fertilizers. It was lousy. bone blood and fishmeal it's top shelf.

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> Its the soil they don't use wood and coal ash. Chemical fertilizers have

> no flavor.

>

> The dreaded one tried growing pot with just chemical fertilizers. It was

> lousy. bone blood and fishmeal it's top shelf.

Lets not forget that everything is gmo now days too.

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> >

> Everybody do the watermelon dance

Sexy.

Believe it or not, Long Island used to have amazing produce. There are still farms out east but they still had farms scattered in suffolk and the edge of nassau county up until the 80's.

We'd go out to a place called Davis' Peach Farm and it was just acres and acres of peach trees with green plastic baskets overflowing with the best damn peaches for just a couple bucks

It's now just a crowded sprawling suburban nightmare of awfulness.

who are we to judge what ken does in his own home?

express yourself, girl!

> Luke Stroehlein Wrote:

> She's not happy about the fact that I made this post. We really might

> divorce because of watermelon 🍉😭

Funny I got in trouble over watermelon also: when my wife was pregnant we stopped at a farm stand and grabbed some watermelon, I made a joke accusing her of stealing another one hidden under her shirt. It was well received by others, however she was less than amused.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account