campfire goodies.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

6 redskin potatoes

1 yellow onion

1/2 stick o butter

Small Velveeta cheese brick

Bacon cooked crumbled optional

Julian slice onion slice taters into thin ish slices layer mixture of all stuffs dump in tinfoil wrap so the seams on top leave in coals 45 minutes.

Smores are easy...

Re: campfire goodies.

That sounds REALLY good....

Pushrod Fifty /

Add a steak to the fire and and a cold one in hand.

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

cookies and cream chocolate on smores is also great

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Marshmallow peeps instead of standard.

For creme brulea ish shell.

Bethlehem. Home of the peep.

Cheap thick steak directly on the coals until it is bleeding goodly through the top then flip until it bleeds up again, pull it out and wrap it in foil and leave it at the side. Throw a onion into the coals and a potato, rol them every 5 minutes until the outside is starting to blister and blacken. Pull the steak out of the warmth and throw it on a plate, peel out to outside of the onion and pull the guts out of the tater. Butter with garlic on that tater, blue cheese on the steak. That cheapo steak will eat really nice and not be tough anymore.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Freaking sweetcorn not shucked rolled in the coals 20 mibutes then husk butter salt pepper.

punkrock randy /

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Freaking sweetcorn not shucked rolled in the coals 20 mibutes then husk

> butter salt pepper.

I love corn’s cookable wrapper;-)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Acorn cookies...

Chestnuts...

Pineapples...

Pig roasts rule they take a house oil tank cut it in half like a purse making a giant grill or smoker. Those guys are good but when you wrap it in banana leaves and bury it in hardwood coals.

Baked apples with sugar and cinnamon buttered tinfoil...

Shad clams.

My wife tends to overpack IMO for camping. But one time she brought a cast iron Dutch oven out. I got it hot in the coals and browned a pound of lean ground beef. Left all the grease in and added one of those boxed dirty rice things. Heaped coals on top of the lid and let it simmer for however longtime box said.

I don’t usually like those things but it was amazing.

I think we made pilsbury cinnamon rolls in it the next morning.

Also, not a favorite of mine but transformed by the campfire smoke and cast iron seasoning.

I guess what I’m saying is, don’t forget about the Dutch oven.

Smoked trout on cracker with cucumber and roasted onion hummus... and a couple of spruce beerz...

smoketrout2.jpg

^ There's a winner, never had roasted onion hummus, roasted garlic, yes, did you make our buy the hummus? Never seen that kind.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Skewered shrimp wrapped in tinfoil

Various sauces Jamaican jerk. General tso.

Teriyaki drop in coals 8 minutes rolling it halfway.

Onions peppers mushrooms.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account