Vintage toilet blaster

Paul Funyun /

Got this as "payment" for helping friend with project. Havent touched it sense it was dropped off three years ago. Discovered it has compression when I recently moved it. Gotta start to figure out the hacked up/ butchered gear shift selector/ clutch. Gonna start to slowly poke at it when I have time. (edited)

20190928_153012.jpg
20190928_153038.jpg

Re: Vintage toilet blaster

Pushrod Fifty /

It's cool and old, late 60s?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It needs a lot of mirrors and you need a ww1 trench coat. Cool find

Very cool, tires are definitely in order....like the lines of it.

Pushrod Fifty /

Gives me motivation to fix my Motobi scooter.

That's sweet. Earlier than any of mine.

Paul Funyun /

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It's cool and old, late 60s?

its mid 50s

Paul Funyun /

Gotta fix this. The damage is done.

20200524_223318.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Lustino control set 40 bux.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> Lustino control set 40 bux.

Yeah, doesn't have the shifter setup, so it's not very helpful.

Can you clean up that weld, or reweld it?

> baird co Wrote:

> Can you clean up that weld, or reweld it?

Yeah looks like someone has at least tug welded it? Does it make the bike not function or just cosmetic? Awsome looking bike.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It has dual levers one choke one launch.

Replace I with 3 speed shifter

Dirty30 Dillon /

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> It has dual levers one choke one launch.

>

> Replace I with 3 speed shifter

Yeah, that's not how that works my dude.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Could stick a Sachs 3 speed twist on lever side

Run it and call it a battle scar.

Paul Funyun /

I'm gonna run it like that obviously. I'm just saying the damage is done meaning the previous owner didn't have a 1950s Italian hardware store so now it's on it's way to being a spaghetti rat with Mariana stained gums. Its closer to a moped in spirit now. I hate the idea of a "restoration" and the stupid scooter purist can go pound gelato up their arse and blast it out with a 24k guilt bidet

I had a dude almost get his ass kicked for calling me a poser and a fraud for riding a Stella in DT Seattle once. He was being really threatening, like I screwed his daughter or something.

"You shit on the whole Vespa community for riding that pos!!!!!"

His girlfriend musta really liked Vespas......grrrr I'm a big strong man and I'm more important than you grrrr.

The guy was Soo upset he wouldn't even talk with me about the bike, it was a 2005 Stella frame I got for free with all the bits from an wrecked 80's px200egs from bentbike on it. Miss that bike, twas the new hotness.

Been looking into getting a Bajaj for a cheap scooter reentry point. Did Bajaj import 2t bikes here? All of em I've seen are 4t....regardless I have a rusty pile of a p150 engine/swingyunit out in the shed somwhere I could rebuild n swap in methinks.

Pushrod Fifty /

I just ignore asses like that. If they have a sweet resto bike right there to compare that's another story, but they never do because they are only posers themselves.

It is amazing how seriously some people take mopeds and scooters, it's just supposed to be fun, cheap transpo. If it gets you there that's all that matters!

Pushrod Fifty /

On the flip side I get people breathing all over my bikes with their eyes 2"away with a cigarette in their mouth checking it out like it came from another planet.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I can get heated about stupid shit.

The other night I went to get gas 3 am

There a pair of guys Spanish. Filling their Honda oddessy power steering pump it loses a 1/8 of it before they pull out l go hey guys a oil pump is like 60 bux wtf you spew all that's shit over at every intersection. I go to stop I slide out or low end. I was a crazy guy I should've looked imaginary...

^ Trust me, they don't care!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account