Why We Ride

When I’m on a motorcycle, or moped, my mind is both completely engaged and most at peace. My body, from head to toe, is active but relaxed.

The machine disappears and becomes part of me and the two of us, as one, are capable of such awe inspiring speed and agility.

It’s a transformation experience. It delivers a high. It’s actually good for my mental and physical health. With the right gear, I can do it everyday.

It gets me where I have to go and takes me where I want to be at the same time.

Why do You ride?

Re: Why We Ride

All of the above plus i like going on little trips with friends exploring places i've never been before.

IMG_20200509_175032.jpg

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I ride mopeds and scooters because It clears my head and brings smiles to peoples’ faces everywhere I go.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I can't afford a vintage car or a race car silly.

2 wheelers are definitely more financially accessible for most of us.

Even with unlimited funds, I would just have cooler motorcycles. I really love the look of old Excelsior Henderson bikes.

Also, machines are works of art in my eyes. The more exposed and mechanical something is, the more beautiful it is to me.

punkrock randy /

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I ride mopeds and scooters because It clears my head and brings smiles

> to peoples’ faces everywhere I go.

Yeah, I’m downright amazed at how much it makes others smile.

a HUGE piece of it for me is the friends - i've met people that i love to death with all my heart and soul from this dumb hobby and the times we've shared riding and not are unforgettable, I think many people arent even lucky enough to find one friend as good as the many in my mopey family.

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

It’s a cheap way to have something mechanical to work on. I enjoy fixing and riding about the same, and you can try stuff with performance without rising my much money

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> I can't afford a vintage car or a race car silly.

How much do you want to spend on one?

To see the world at 30mph. Life in the slowwwwwwwwwww lane.

Lar you hit it! Can't believe the grins people get seeing an old geezer on a "is that a moped?!" Plus I love em.

Because it's fun, and different, the looks, and people who come up and ask about them, used to use it to commute when nice, but age and traffic levels are making that less fun, mainly just ride for something to do, also curious just how long this Hobbit will last?

My daughter gets jealous when we ride--People are drawn more to my QT than her Vespa scooter. Feel bad for her as that Vespa costs 10 times what I have in my QT ,so yea they do attract attention. She'll get the QT when I can't ride anymore.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I so want a 1923 Cord. Or a 70's Era Ferrari.

1920 model t.. Lotus even a 944.

I like being pointed at. Kiddies cover their ears that's cute. The other night I pulled right uptomyporch full speed scared thebegesus of of the squirrel that lives on my bat frame. He did a Jackie Chan three walls bounced back and forth till He was high enough to jump over the ped and me.

punkrock randy /

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> I so want a 1923 Cord. Or a 70's Era Ferrari.

>

> 1920 model t.. Lotus even a 944.

>

> I like being pointed at. Kiddies cover their ears that's cute. The other

> night I pulled right uptomyporch full speed scared thebegesus of of the

> squirrel that lives on my bat frame. He did a Jackie Chan three walls

> bounced back and forth till He was high enough to jump over the ped and

> me.

No wonder you can’t afford vintage, them sights set too high. My LC is 36 years old and my longbed is 39. I love old cars, new shit is junk.

New stuff is cool, but WAY over priced, and you can't work on it, old stuff for me always. :)

The reason I ride is because it is character building...

GrandfathersWords.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account