Move to Montana, Bears won’t kill you

Jack MT Goatheads MPC /

Need more moped people in Billings MT! Got a small crew forming and I need a roommate so why not say fuck it move out here? Billings is fairly cheap to live in, plenty of work (already phasing out of quarantine and was #7 of 10 best states to live in during the pandemic)

2 bed apartment or house is $600-800/mo

Studios 375-550 (only small pet friendly)

Starting wage is 10-12/hr for service jobs. If you can weld, CDL, or machine there’s so much demand here because everyone goes to the ND oil fields and makes BANK which is not a bad option to stack some cash but rough long term.

No sales tax too! Oh and vehicle inspection, NOPE! Just need lights and a windshield out here and no emission standards so grab a beater truck for $900 and let the good times roll.

Montana is also a DUI loophole state so even if you got a brush with the law you can ride mopeds.

So if any moped homies sick of paying too much in an expensive city or just want a fresh start hit me up! It’s definitely not rural Montana in Billings but not hectic city either.

FA1EE8A8-BA5A-407F-BE2F-B191D0B0670B.jpeg

Re: Move to Montana, Bears won’t kill you

Pushrod Fifty /

Sounds cool I have to check it out someday.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Already got the homestead in the hills.

Sounds dreamy my bro is near lake mead.

(edited)

I've been planning on moving to the Midwest, but maybe MT isn't a bad idea. Man 10 years ago there were still $400 studios here in Seattle.....

What are actual home prices like? I'm looking for a starter, maybe 1br with garage.

I'm done renting.

Jack MT Goatheads MPC /

It’s definitely worth a look! Not for everyone but nothing is. It’s much flatter here compared to the other cities in Montana and is the most populated (still only 110k people) A big change from Seattle for sure!

House prices are pretty cheap especially vs Seattle. I have been considering it as well since renting sucks and I have a large dog so makes it difficult finding a place. You can find a decent mobile home for an easy flip or rent out for 15-35k. A decent 3 bed house on nice plot of land within town +\- 200-250k. I saw a 1 bed house with a big yard in butte MT for 12k actually.

Had my eye on this one wth the attached garage (Heights is a good low crime area to live, If you don’t mind a little sketchy stuff south Side is cheap and lots of fixeruppers) but not trying to buy a house right now or possibly ever if I can finish my school bus conversion.

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've been planning on moving to the Midwest, but maybe MT isn't a bad

> idea. Man 10 years ago there were still $400 studios here in

> Seattle.....

>

> What are actual home prices like? I'm looking for a starter, maybe 1br

> with garage.

>

> I'm done renting.

8FEB3344-7957-4E62-AB43-30C1FF47EA63.png

Ohh fuck.....

I was kinda set on Cleveland but Montana is looking neato now.

Also, haha low crime area.

Overpriced Parts /

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> Ohh fuck.....

>

> I was kinda set on Cleveland

>

> Also, haha low crime area.

Aurora, Twinsburg, Chagrin Falls, Bainbridge, Manuta, Hudson, Stow, Kent, Solon, Northfield, Cuyahoga Falls, Macedonia areas of Ohio are really good and only a short commute to Cleveland, The weather is very good with several riding days through the short winter

Jack MT Goatheads MPC /

50% of Montana crimes is Billings but mostly property crime. There’s shootings on the south side (two a few weeks ago) but nothing like Chicago or other large cities. People typically prefer western MT like Missoula but it’s expensive and overcrowded. I lived there 10 years and just couldn’t afford to live there once I got a dog.

Do some googling and if you have any questions or planning to visit let me know!!

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> Ohh fuck.....

>

> I was kinda set on Cleveland but Montana is looking neato now.

>

> Also, haha low crime area.

What are the winters like?

Jack MT Goatheads MPC /

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> What are the winters like?

Pretty cold. Get good outdoor gear and a snowmobile you’ll love winter! But yea November- March it’s cold. It snowed a little this May 11th actually. Summers are amazing though there’s no humidity and usually cools down into 70-60s at night but can get into 100s in July/ August.

Hunting, snow sports, good medical marijuana, and snowmobiles get you through the long winter 👍 I’m sorta a snowbird and would just kick it in the AZ desert for the winter but miss the winter activities.

punkrock randy /

I liked Calispell area, but Great falls sucks. Like the Texas of the north. Don’t gamblers(poor idiots) pay all your taxes? If the south wants to secede again, I vote that MT and MI go too.

grizzlies run 40 mph. I would have my tomos running on the stand for headstart lol.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Run downhill bears can't they tumble.

Don't ask I lived in the mountains. No grizzly thank God just like big dumb dogs. Firecrackers and champagne poppers mandatory bear repellant spray works best on peeps wouldn't wanna piss it off thenwrassle with it

Remington 12 gauge magnum slugs....they fix bears, but you have to be brave and be close, I'll pass. Hummin, commin atcha....

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I had neighbors and shooting off the mt. Indiscriminately was a no no.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account