First ride today :)

As usual Pa-II fired up on the first kick after long winter storage...this is the best moped ever...keeping a 22 year streak of first kick starts after storage every spring! $2 yrs old and running strong, bone stock, drags me along at 28-30 on flats, solid 20-24 up hill, I'm 220! 42 yo bike, I have had it 22 of those years. Going to keep it until I can't balance any more, felt "normal" for the first time in months. :)

067.jpg

Re: First ride today :)

I recall riding my moped on my wedding day back in 1987, a couple of times in the mid 90's, and of course, I rode the hell out of it from 79 to 82. Even since I've been back in the hobby for something like the last 4 years, it's just been buying and getting them rebuilt. Maybe I've ridden 200 miles in the last year, and that's probably a high estimate.

Your 22 year record is super impressive, and when you crunch that number, you have ridden that particular bike for 53 percent of your life!

When I crunched my number, I've owned my one bike 73 percent of my life and ridden it less than 9 percent. As I get older and have had some health issues and depression for quite a long time, I consider how much fun I have when I ride these days and wish I hadn't parked the thing in the shed, barn, and basement for so many years and had actually ridden all this time.

Why did I give this up for so many years?

Marriage, parenthood, in-laws, jobs, and (theoretically) being an adult has been a miserable experience.

I should have had more moped in my life.

Pushrod Fifty /

Thats great, its a Honda, they last forever. Been riding my two Cubs for 15 years.

punkrock randy /

All I’ve been able to meet is people who repair and sell them. I just want to meet someone to cruise with. Maybe one day when life gets less crazy i can find someone, till then i rip solo.

7D3531E7-86EE-43AE-A557-74C7C1035BE4.jpeg

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I recall riding my moped on my wedding day back in 1987, a couple of

> times in the mid 90's, and of course, I rode the hell out of it from 79

> to 82. Even since I've been back in the hobby for something like the

> last 4 years, it's just been buying and getting them rebuilt. Maybe

> I've ridden 200 miles in the last year, and that's probably a high

> estimate.

>

> Your 22 year record is super impressive, and when you crunch that

> number, you have ridden that particular bike for 53 percent of your

> life!

>

> When I crunched my number, I've owned my one bike 73 percent of my life

> and ridden it less than 9 percent. As I get older and have had some

> health issues and depression for quite a long time, I consider how much

> fun I have when I ride these days and wish I hadn't parked the thing in

> the shed, barn, and basement for so many years and had actually ridden

> all this time.

>

> Why did I give this up for so many years?

>

> Marriage, parenthood, in-laws, jobs, and (theoretically) being an adult

> has been a miserable experience.

>

> I'm only an "adult" chronologically! ;) Sorry all that sucked for you, I avoided all but the jobs one....got to work, the rest is optional despite what society says! ;) Everyone tells you having kids is great 'cuz misery loves company! ;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account