Sears Campus 50- Just got it!

Pushrod Fifty /
1589463932668-106426191.jpg
1589463846038796356356.jpg
1589463803310-2068648086.jpg

I picked up this Campus 50 shifty, its complete and turns over, has sat for 20 years maybe more. It's going to need a complete going through. I need to find a manual for it.

Re: Sears Campus 50- Just got it!

WFFF!

Just kidding, nice moped, for a manual just look for the correct puch manual.

These are rebranded Puch mv50 i believe.

Nice, even have the engine shrouds.... clean the gas tank and carb, I bet it runs! Loving the Yaris...is it new, looks larger than the few I have seen?

Pushrod Fifty /

The tank is crusty and smelly inside but nothing is missing. At some point someone replaced the tires with early maybe 60s Chen Shings and touched up the paint but nothing hacked. It has a handlebar mounted picture holder, with a 60s pic of a woman, maybe the PE's GF, black and white photo. Thick leather saddlebags, came out looking ok with a soap and water cleaning. The bike looks so much nicer after just washing.

20200514_110150.jpg

My Yaris, The moped of autos! It's a 2013. 95k on it, 5speed and fold down seat. (edited)

My Toyota "moped" the hatchback body style of your's is much preferable to mine, but started at -26 in the winter, still running at 203k, and a $100 dollar purchase price, can't complain, this fall will have had it 3 yrs! :)

001.jpg

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The tank is crusty and smelly inside but nothing is missing. At some

> point someone replaced the tires with early maybe 60s Chen Shings and

> touched up the paint but nothing hacked. It has a handlebar mounted

> picture holder, with a 60s pic of a woman, maybe the PE's GF, black and

> white photo. Thick leather saddlebags, came out looking ok with a soap

> and water cleaning. The bike looks so much nicer after just washing.

>

> My Yaris, The moped of autos! It's a 2013. 95k on it, 5speed and fold

> down seat.

Cleaned up really nice! :)

Pushrod Fifty /

Tercel? They aer cool.

Toyota's are built like tanks, our Corolla is a 2003, It was my car new back then and now my wifes, it still rides like a new car. The only thing that ever broke was the clock, but that was after a snow crash, its been crashed a few times and redone.

Yep Tercel, very tiny, not perfect....but always runs!

Pushrod Fifty /

Can't beat the price.

Nope!

Sundaymorningmotors.com used to have a bunch of manuals for free download...worth a look, lots of parts first sale too.

Pushrod Fifty /

Nice site, I found manual downloads and some parts, thanks!

Nice MV50 indeed - only way that could be sexier would be if it was french...

...also cool Toyota - love their everything they made...

Pushrod Fifty /

My yellow Moby is the sexy one in the garage.

killer!

Pushrod Fifty /

I opened the tank compartment today, lo and behold, a tool kit, a new Bosch and NGK plugs.

^ Awesome!

Pushrod Fifty /

I pulled the tank off and started cleaning the rust out of it. I looked into the ignition. I get a constant ground at the coil wire when I turn the flywheel. I have a manual for the sears moped and the schematic is different as the campus doesnt have the headlight mounted switch. It looks like the brake circuit may be part of the ignition and the bulb is blown. The points are opening and closing. Does anyone know how to get a direct connection from the points wire to the coil for testing purposes?

Pushrod Fifty /

Doing an air leak test on her, she's holding on at 6psi. It was hard to seal the spark plug, I ended up removing the washer and using an o-ring. I used a stethoscope with the bare tube end to probe inside of the stator and gearbox, all is quiet in there.

Still have some rust spots inside of the tank

20200528_222648.jpg

but for the most part the vinegar has removed the rust to bare metal.

Pushrod Fifty /

I lucked out, I found a new set of Deestone 2.25 x 19 tires and tubes in my box of tires that I never used. I was about to coat the tank when I found still a little rust staining on the upper face of the tank. I'm going to clean it more before Caswell sealing, just to be safe. The engine held 6 psi leak down test overnight.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account